or Connect

Posts by MalVeauX

Well, I retired my old portable setup (Fuse!) and moved to the M3 now that it's plenty mature. I picked it up for $40 on Amazon. Inexpensive and good quality is hard to find these days, but Fiio just keeps pushing out great stuff. I'm not a total stickler when it comes to a portable device because I don't expect my environment to be silent and my headphones, even IEMs, do not block enough environmental noise for me to feel like it's worth pushing for top quality in a...
 Heya, Correct, but the point is, you can mismatch either. Putting a 32ohm on a high impedance output amp (OTL tube) would also be poor. While putting a 600ohm on something with next to zero output impedance does nothing other than drop your overall volume, it doesn't help performance. It's about matching sources to loads. That's all it is. Dampening factor can effect frequency response, so it can alter how the headphone is able to render, which can effect how it sounds. A...
   Heya, Sounds like the Beyer DT880 would be more up your ally. The DT990 has a lot of mid-bass, but not much more sub-bass. The DT880 has good bass anyways. Overall a better generalist. Get the 32ohm or 250ohm and call it a day, whatever it cheaper. Impedance does not dictate audio quality. One would get a 600ohm impedance version, instead of a 32ohm impedance version, if using an amplifier with a high output impedance (like an OTL tube amplifier) for dampening effect...
Heya,   So a couple of things. First, colored headphones (bassy ones for example) will influence your video edits if you're also editing sound. Much like production in music, if you mix and edit on something very bassy, the result on someone else's end will be... very different. It's best to edit and produce on something fairly neutral. Just something to consider. Second, none of these headphones with good audio quality are actually going to provide enough noise...
Heya,   You'd probably get a little better explanations and activity in the Sound Science forum.   What you're referring to compared to a speaker system has to do with physical location of drivers, direction of the sound waves/pressure, and the location of your two ears relative to source. Headphones don't have the luxury of being far enough away to generate a high level of separation with a degree of crossover, so that it blends. Some have tried to mimic the effects,...
 Heya, I'd say try something like a Beyer DT880 32ohm or an AudioTechnica AD900X or similar. Very best,
 To an extent yes. You will be able to listen to it on high gain with the volume knob turned up quite high. But will it be fully driven? Maybe not. The Asgard 2 is more appropriate for the HE500, or successors to that particular line. Or any modern Hifiman, as they're more efficient these days. Very best,
 Heya, Brian over at BTG Audio can make you a custom cable that is directly from the headphone to speaker taps termination without an adapter. I think he's running a new discount right now too. Google him up. He does excellent work. I had him mod my HE500's to XLR posts and made all my custom cables. Top stuff. Very best,
I can't get over how... silly it looks to me. Marble. The case that holds the phones themselves. The lack of symmetry. It screams tacky to me.   I think stone could have been really nice, if it were -all- stone, and not just blocks of stuff stuck together looking like any other mess of things sitting on one another.   Then again, for that cost, I'd crave a rare wood and bronze/copper, not some every-day-marble (counter top! bathroom!) and a few tubes off the...
Heya,   There's really no real significance to tell you that something is 99% pure, versus 99.9999% pure in the real world in regards to audio. They're the same number in a sense, one is simply showing more significant digits. Sure, you can try to argue that the first number allows for 1% impurity, etc, but good luck having something absolutely pure. And since this is just a piece of metal allowing electrons to pass by, the difference is not only insignificant, it's just...