Posts by zardon

Its a custom build - link to the guys site is above (engineer who builds them) - it is a better power section than anything Naim have out. I have auditioned them all over the last couple of years...
I recently picked up a Naim HDX player for my living room and have been impressed with it - the only issue was that I noticed that the dynamics seemed a little flat when compared to my REGA ISIS VALVE and even the Raysonic CD228. Obviously the conveniences of being able to play hundreds of ripped WAV files from the internal drive and 24 bit FLAC files from a networked drive (via my iPad as a controller) was incredible, but the sound quality still just didn't cut it for...
 I have tested The TH900 with the Trilogy 933 and a Raysonic CD228  - a Naim HDX/ XPS2 supply /w NAS and it always sounds fantastic. (I also use an Astell & Kern player with Rx MK3 amp for portable playing) Sure, with 24 bit audio files there can be a little more dynamic range, but I have been exceptionally pleased with 16 bit audio files and CD's. I have no hesitation in saying that from what I have heard, the Trilogy 933 is a perfect pairing for the TH900's. The bass is...
Not sure to be honest, everyone will have a very different view on this I suppose, thats the joys of music and audio equipment. I think the TH900's have some similar sound characteristics when compared directly with the Sony R10's. I think I have owned almost every headphone known to man and then some and the R10's have always been my favourite - I actually prefer them in many ways to the STAX 009 (but not always). All subjective and its important to mention that people...
One i havent tried unfortunately. I quite liked the Fostex HP-A8C with them, but the trilogy 933 is another step up, even though fostex may have designed the a8c specifically for the th900s. Cant get over the bass response when using the trilogy 933 with the th900s. Its very powerful, yet pure and not overpowering at all. I can use this combo at quite low volume without losing anything...I havent used my r10s for some time now. The th900 really are such an iconic product...
I have tried around 30 amps with the fostex headphones now over many months and the best in my opinion is the trilogy 933. They really allow the headphones to sing with such purity, dynamic range and detail. Yet the bass is fantastically detailed, not overblown and tightly focused. Its £2,000 well spent to get the most out of the th900s. Ive used several sources such as the raysonic cd228 and some high def audio files..... Trilogy 933 gets my vote with some van del hul...
why would i be offended? ~everyone has their own views - ive been collecting audio gear for 30 years. Why would it matter to me what you say? I could tell you that some of your posts in the past have been poorly researched or 'wrong', but it is hardly likely to make you question what you hear, right?   I have access to around 15 amplifiers right now in the house and I think the phonitor combo sounds great (I have another balanced TH900 which are great with the Woo Audio...
Thanks songmic :) what setup do you use most of the time now or have you several (I read your profile, but wonder which combo you use most of the time now).
Mine are working beautifully through a SPL Phonitor 2730B and a REGA ISIS VALVE as source.        
Excellent, great to hear it. beautiful phones, work well with so many less than brilliant sources, but they do step it up a notch with a quality amp and good source material.