or Connect

Posts by zardon

Out some of my thoughts together here: http://www.kitguru.net/site-news/highlights/zardon/abyss-1266-headphone-review/ Hope you find it useful in a buying decision.
Ok. My main job is reviewing computer hardware/technology (graphics cards, power supplies etc), I have done a few headphone reviews in the past. Time is always the killer for me really. What headphones do you use primarily now?
Will try and make some time if you feel you would like to read it. My gear is split between 2 or 3 rooms and I think its hard to 'compare' headphones when the amplifiers are all different. 
I agree its actually one of the most comfortable headphones i have worn. Heavy but it completely vanishes on the head. Wore them many times for 6 hours straight without an issue. The sennheiser hd800 are very comfortable too but they get a lot hotter around the pads after a few hours. Biggest downside is i dont let anyone wear my abyss as i spent ages forming them into the perfect shape for my head. The initial setup is important, more than any other headphone i have...
interesting. Cant say i find any of this hardware wonderful to look at (the m8 is one ugly looking thing, and much prefer the new black hugo although the m8 pairs well with the lcd). I tend to put on headphones when i am alone, close my eyes and just get lost in the music. Best way to relax after running a business .... Never sit watching any of it. Which is why i always find comments on the abyss being 'ugly' so amusing. Must be a lot of people sitting in chairs with a...
If you have the funds and want a good upgrade when on the move consider the chord hugo. its expensive, and a little large but its the best portable pairing ive found for the abyss. I use it with an astell and kern ak240 and its a heck of a good portable setup, all fits in a small case and perfect for hotels.
Yes, tried quite a few amplifiers with them this year. The Liquid Gold is sublime and a very seductive pairing with the headphones. Its not something you will pick up on at a meet. You need to spend some time listening to tracks you know. The Liquid gold seems to tame a slightly rough edge in the high frequencies too. So initially you may be drawn to another amplifier, but over time the balance from this amplifier is just as close to perfect as I have heard. You do need to...
Read that a while ago, doesnt really translate into 'real life' experiences (well for me anyway) its a little like some reports on the abyss having a 'less than stellar' measurement across the range, in real life means next to nothing. The 16 and 24 bit article is another one of those debates, like the choice of cables, or vinyl etc.At the end of the day ive heard difference between 16 bit and 24 bit masters of specific albums, but i do agree some of the 24 bit tracks are...
Been using the abyss now for some time and tried around 15 amplifiers. While its common knowledge, the carvalli liquid gold is a remarkable pairing for this headphone. The abyss sound very good or even great with some other amplifiers but with the liquid gold they are pure magic. Synergy, dynamics and speed are as good as i have ever heard from a headphone. I frequently forget i have Headphones on my head. From metal to orchestral they handle it all. I prefer the pairing...
Its a custom build - link to the guys site is above (engineer who builds them) - it is a better power section than anything Naim have out. I have auditioned them all over the last couple of years...