or Connect

Posts by zardon

What amp are you using with the hd800s? Are you running single ended with the cable in the box?
Why would i disagree with that? I already said you wont get that kind of planar bass with a dynamic driver. you can however tune and adjust hd800 bass response with various amps and cables.Your reply said you didnt agree.What a bizarre conversation.
Really? You hear the same quality and quantity of bass with all the amplifiers you have listened to? Wish i was the same, would have saved myself a fortune...
You cant really expect that bass impact from a dynamic driver, against a planar. The first thing i would do would be to upgrade the cable, to cardas or preferred third party. Hd800 cables have always been the weak link.
Why so patronising? I know this is a HD800S thread, i posted a link to my Sennheiser HD800s review earlier in it after Sennheiser Germany sent me a pair with the HD800 for publication both in magazines and online. I noticed your post about the HE1000 and how disappointing it was for you, and I was only offering up a suggestion after looking at your signature hardware spec list that it is likely the amplification you used them with. The HE1000 I have found need specific...
Ive tried them with 42 amplifiers, they need to be driven properly to truly sing. Its not really a debate with you or an attack on your opinions -- i like (and own) the other headphones you mention ... however to dismiss the he1000 so out of hand seems rather niave. The he1000 are a superior headphone to the he6 in every way. Hifi man are one of the handful of companies out there who do make progress, every time. Well so far.
More than likely the amplifier pairing. The he1000 is without question one of the finest headphones you can buy.
If I can make the time I will do my best. I will say that these headphones need an awful lot of time to get close to their best. I have never noticed much difference in headphones between 50-500 hours, but these are constantly changing and evolving until they settle. The bass response is great, and I like them with a variety of music. The problem is that their technical readings are very unusual due to the driver design so many people are immediately avoiding them, which...
Let me know how you get on, curious to hear what you think of the abyss 1266. I found lcd 4 100 ohm exhibited a slight accentuation but the 200ohm version seemed much smoother in my tests.... I actually prefer the he1000 to both of them overall (comfort, sq, etc) with the luxman p700u (he1000 need a high quality amp to get the most from them).Only pairing better to my ears is the bhse and stax 009. Thats the joys with this, we all hear differently and want different...
Very interesting to read your observations. Ive found the lcd4 has a very sweet signature sound in regards to the high frequencies and is not at all exaggerated. Quite the reverse.The abyss 1266 i found can be a little 'hotter' depending on the amp. I havent spent much, if any time with the dave, just hugo and hugo tt and they can both handle the abyss 1266 very well.I wrote this recently and it might be of interest...