or Connect

Posts by CantScareMe

you can almost read my mind.
You highlight a major aspect of headfi researching and buying- price differences between countries.   In the uk, these are on amazon for £230, and the denon d2000 are for £220.   The shures are for £180/190.     So they're all about priced the same.    
Again, i'm not hot on the need a huge system and a £500+ investment to enjoy the denon d7k.   Just use it from a samsung galaxy s i9000 with voodoo sound installed. No amp. No lineout. Measurements put this in the same bracket of desktop amps/dac's like audio gd nfb12.   Having both the phone and the nfb12, I can confirm from a short test that with the denon d2/5k, they are similar.   The fuze is just a joke though. Seriously.
thanks for them answers about the kns8400.   I just don't have a need for a lowly isolating headphone, so i'll pass on this one thanks.     The first thing that the k550 has to pass with me is on the isolation front. Because remember on (what seems to be) a rough law- to make a headphone isolating, you have to sacrifice on some of the sq.
the denon's d2k and d5k are very easy to spot when the source doesn't quite cut the mustard. 2 things happen:   1) a degree of a collapse of the soundstage.   2) placement of the mids in relation to this soundstage   3) sub bass strength     This all happens when driven with the sansa fuze, rockboxed to the d5k. No equalisers or anything else on. I've done many tests, often with different pricepoint dacs, and i've many times been bewildered with the...
fair enough.   anyway, about this KRK KNS-8400.   How does it isolate and compare to other closed headphones in question?
id never heard about the KRK KNS-8400 untill you'd mentioned it.   So it's the best (or along with the KRK KNS-6400) closed headphone you've come across?   I don't rate the shure 940 much at all. Far too much of a sibilant and emphasised high end and even more of an anemic low end than the k271. Anyway, it surely isolates more than the shure. Does the KRK KNS-8400 also isolate more than the k550?   Would it have the smallest and most congested soundstage of...
Wait, I've heard the shure 940's   Theyre not better than the akg k271. close, but not better.   And excruciatingly uncomfortable. Very tight clamp, nasty pads, stupid dumb 'tall' bumps on headband.     I've ordered the k550 btw, and well, we'll see whats what!!!
I have heard the denon d5k, denon d2k from the sansa fuze.   They sound horrible. Very very bad.      
Wow, Wait.   T5p?   Denon d7k will beat the living daylights out of the beyer t5p.   The akg k271 will beat the t5p even.