Posts by CantScareMe

Your hearing is probably good - the headphone and your listening station may not extend well enough beyond 10khz. Persons hearing dropping off at 11.5khz is natural anyway.   Using them frequency tone generators isn't the way you really find all the differences between headphone capabilities. Listening to music is more useful. 
Sure mate.   It works perfectly fine, but not too great for sound quality. It acts as if to increase the amps output resistance and makes headphones seem darker / muddier / more closed in. This is especially true of the lower impedance ones i've got and say with a T1 it's much less pronounced.    None of this is surprising at all btw as this is how it's meant to work. Basically it does it's job perfectly!   It's quite big though (physically big I mean). I'll post a...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0038AK1YO/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE      These philips ones are good.
  Exactly what I said when I clicked on this thread!
akg k450
My world would be very different if headphones were crappy cos they're wired :)   Got to say though, quite a lot of headphones have not so great/reliable wired designs, especially if one's going to put it through rough times. Get a wired headphone that allows for user replacable wires.There are quite a few in the $50 price ranges.    Wireless will have it's own problems in the reliability sector, I'm sure of it!
Thanks for that info.
 Cheers mate.I was looking for some nice on ear's. Not afraid to stretch the clamp out of headphones - but would this be required with these?
This martin logan headphone hasn't hit the Europe (UK specifically) shelves right?   Can't find one here.   Does anyone know when I'm likely to do so - I'd love to hear these headphones.
Ludovico Einaudi.   My favourite artist of all time!