or Connect

Posts by donunus

I highly doubt this. Power runs out fast with headphones these insensitive
No. LOLĀ All cans have frequency imbalances and the graph here is amazing on this one
Synergy-wise, they do sound nice out of the Vali. I'll just be patient and burn them in some more
Standard crossfeed on Jriver is always nice
The spike doesn't bother me anymore, in fact it has lessened quite a bit since I first played them. Its the clipping distortion that bothers me.
Well, without any bass boost they do sound full out of the schiit vali and they have lost the upper midrange congestion that they had out of the box before a few days of seriious burn in but still they dont play loud enough before distorting. The Vali has about double the maximum power rating at their average impedance so I am confused. Is the maximum power rating bogus? should I give them Lyr power to make them sing without distortion at loud levels or am I screwed in the...
Its only a foobar plugin. Anyway, it seems that just like any other plugin, synergy is also important because I don't like them with the q701s
The only thing I don't like about these cans are their lack of ability to play loud without congestion and distortion. If these could only play at loud enough volumes where I can hear the full dynamics of an orchestra without strain or hip hop beats without clipping, these would easily go up in value to double the price in my book. I like them a lot and they are certainly far better than my old K701 that I despised for being too bright.
Put it this way, I compared the magni to the o2 and preferred the o2 overall for my senn hd518. The o2 may also be a little better than the vali for the m50 but since the m50 isnt going to improve or change as much as the hd600s, I would prioritize those first and get the Vali... or get a ragnarok and forget about worrying if something will sound good or not out of them hehehe
The answer to to your question would depend on what exact amp you are getting. The Vali for xample has no adjustable gain setting. Its fine.