Posts by donunus

anyone here get to compare the latest m50 with the removeable cables against the LEs?
Oh my! 595 pads on the 518...AWESOME!
Has anyone here tried the hd518 using the 558/598/555/595 pads yet?
vaibhavp, I agree that the hd518 isn't too forgiving of bad recordings. They are quite detailed but at the same time they are fun to listen to regardless of being somewhat unforgiving. The one thing I find them to be forgiving at is with remasters. They have a dip at under 2khz that makes somewhat aggressive sounding remasters just right.    Listening to Depeche Mode remasters on the k518 is amazing. It feels as if the remasters were done using them as monitors :D
I also hear a 9khz peak on the hd518 thats true but the main difference that sets the 5xx vs the 6xx apart is the lower treble presence around 5khz IMO
The hd600 is just a little softer yet more neutral overall at the same time. I feel the 5xx cans have a thinner, snappier nature due to the low treble peak around 5khz
Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean that the hd600 was boring overall. I just meant more boring than the 518 due to having less perceived attack. The hd600 is definitely better overall and is one of my favorite headphones of all time. Sorry if you misunderstood me. I was falsely assuming that everyone knew how cuckoo I was about hd600s. I am even what you would call an hd600 fanboy and have owned them 4 times (including hd580s) :D
The 518 is AWESOME! The best combination of being dynamic, alive, punchy, airy, and smooth at the same time with a nice soundstage. These are what I consider the most musical sounding pair of headphones I've heard under $300. Above 300 I like the hd600 but the 518 has the soundstage and musicality pegged and the hd600 can sometimes sound boring in comparison.
The ma900s sound good but only to a certain degree of volume. If anyone wants mine, let me know. I'll sell it for a huge loss even though I just got it for 250 including shipping. I'll just get an hd518 or something. Heck if someone can buy a senn hd518 new and send it to me, I'll gladly trade it for my ma900 as long as you pay the shipping cost from me to you for the ma900.
Anyone know who to contact for replacements/repair/etc? Sony at facebook just gave me the runaround and sent me to the sony home page. They didnt give me any specific email address or anything. Epic fail for sony. I really regret ever buying these cans unless someone from sony steps up like the way sennheiser does business.