Posts by donunus

I am looking at the k72 myself. Better pads than the k52 and it doesn't have that offensive gold headband of the k92 
Just curious, have you ever asked sennheiser if this distortion is something that can be fixed by having drivers replaced? I mean they claim that these are identical to the beige ones except for the color so this should be covered under warranty right?
Whats weird though is that the way these cans distort, they sound almost identical to loudness war album clipping and many times I have to turn down the volume to check if the distortion is on the recording/ mastering itself. Many times its actually the mastering. Example I have 2 versions of styx kilroy was here... the remastered one has some slight break up in sound while the original pressing is clean even when I turn it up. But play music like daft punk's get lucky and...
I have heard two pairs of hd598 SEs and can confirm that these are distorted at moderately loud volumes when the music has some powerful bass. They are great though. For the price I paid for them, I still can't think of another more musical pair of cans. Its just the power handling that these totally suck at. I've tried them out of an LHlabs GO1k, laptop jacks, ipads, iphones, a hegel integrated amp.... same thing, they distort at a point that is much lower in volume vs an...
I got that but there are other versions as well. SSE2, core2 etc...
Which version of ulilith would be best for an i3 running windows 8.1? Is there any advantage to running anything other than the x86 version?
any more impressions on these? are they musical enough to be fun to listen to?
Then again, if I just want to play music without thinking of simulating any correct speaker image angle and just want the instruments to sound like they are the correct phasing without doing much else, the 1 setting is a perfectly fine "set and forget" setting. I am really appreciating how great this plugin is again. I just wish there will be a vst version so that it can be used with Jriver among other wares.
For an all around setting not just for hard panned recordings, I find that 2 is my favorite setting. I felt that the plugin still gave a coloration to the sound but the more I play with the sliders and comparing on vs off, I think that these colorations are from the headphones I am using and that they just get more spotlit when the image is more centered and focused.
Doing a crossfeed comparison again and really find this plugin at the 3 setting to be a great all around setting for most hard panned recordings. I am just now trying out standard recordings that are not hard panned though and am trying to decide whether I can be happy if I just leave it on at all times.   By the way, does anyone know of a vst version of this plugin?