Posts by donunus

So how do you find these against the kef 500 and other portables Beagle
yes you can hear some of that peak with the stock pads but the bass masks it a little. I didnt have problems with sibilance though. However, dt100 velour pads made that peak totally disappear
 Heres the dt250-250 graph from the same site  The FR difference between the two in reality (sonically) does seem to be more dramatic than that though. Maybe the dt150 here was measured without a very good seal since I would think it to be bassier than that.
analytical Very detailed, almost to the point of excess. accuracy The degree to which the output signal from a component or system is perceived as replicating the sonic qualities of its input signal. An accurate device reproduces what is on the recording, which may or may not be an accurate representation of the original sound. These are the definitions based on the originator J Gordon Holt. I would say that in layman's terms the difference would be that analytical tries...
dt250-250 is the most accurate among these but its not analytical in any way either unlike beyer's own premium line dt880 or t1 which can sound sterile
I don't like the 80 ohm dt250 much but like the dt250-250 more than the dt150 overall due to its more neutral nature BUT the dt150 has a fun factor with Metal music thats addictive!
I love the dt150s however I do find the sound a little closed in and a little boomy with slightly recessed mids when using the stock pads. Changing the pads to the dt100 velours makes the midrange pop out and sounded better to me than the stock pleather pads on the old setup I was using them with... I believe I used them straight out of a udac (first version).
money4me247, all I can say is Common sense that it could be a manufacturing inconsistency but to argue with a person about what he experienced firsthand while you not even being there to disprove it is just
These specs don't really mean much. Has someone actually sat down and compared these models using their own headphones? Stellvertreter, how do they differ in sound with the cans you tested them with? Can you give more of a subjective description?
Can you give us a link to the pics again? I cant seem to find it