Posts by barid

When there is a readily available stock of R10's for ~$1000 this would be more relevant.  Something tells me if the R10 was still in production at H800 costs, and the HD800 was some rare out-of-production headphone with a massive price tag you may get some variation in that 7 out of 7.  Never heard an R10 and I'm sure its very nice, but that's kind of an apples to oranges comparison.
It is my opinion that at the price you can get them now the hd600's are never a poor choice. I thought they were fine for gaming though im sure that is not their intended strength, i doubt you'll be missing anything.
 I think the internal DAC on the MHA100 can have issues switching rate's between files.  Not sure if it has something to do with the USB or not, but it would be interesting if the Wyrd corrected this.
I'll pick one up on the used market 10 years from now for 1-2k. Unless i hit the lottery before that.
 looks like groovy should get the rag then.
Are there other integrated amps that do this? I've never seen one. The benchmark will do this with one of the two headphone outs and the line out. Dacmini will have the line out active too. Not sure i know any units that leave the speaker output and headphone output active at the same time.
Yeah I saw someone recently post that they sounded the same as the T1's.  That was not my impression for the few short minutes I was able to spend with them.  Although I was also not particularly wow'ed by them either, but I was not really driving them properly.   Also saw a reddit review of the MHA100 that someone tried at a Magnolia saying it had noise floor problems and did not sound as resolving as a Bryston BHA-1.   Never had any noise floor issues with any...
Nope. You choose the output. No speaker output if any of the headphone impedance/gain presets are selected.
Really. Thats pretty surprising. Ive never heard that before.
Had a chance to try these yesterday (the closed back version).  Couldn't really make any determination sound-wise because it was a short listen at a loud meet, but I really liked their build/design.  Felt very solid and comfortable.  Nice job Audeze.