or Connect

Posts by jp11801

Thanks my play is to be there early and be ready and set up at 10am 
I'd love to try a Senn HD800s on my Balancing Act, does anyone have a pair of these they can bring to the meet? 
 The headband may be one of the best implemented in the industry, comfortable and incredibly strong.  I did to want to live the either and the C as much as I did as I constantly consider adding them to my Audio Technica W3k and Audeze X line up 
  I concur with Blackmore and would say the K1000 journey was one of my more rewarding Headfi rabbit hole I went down. My 300b Wavac was phenomenal with the K1000s. Enjoy the ride I think I went through 7-8 amps before settling in to a used Wavac.
    Will do I will pack up the rig and bring both the EC BA and the Melco. Looking forward to hanging with the Lawng Island crew (grew up in Hicksville)  Tom not sure if you have any interesting 6sn7s we could try in the BA while I'm there? Right now I am running a Syl 7n7 and a TS Mouse Ear with a few 6f8g variants but have a Syl metal base USN on the way and am thinking of plunking $$ on a TS BGRP but I've heard they are somewhat over rated. 
Tom if I bring my rig it will be Melco NA1 > Schiit Yggy > Eddie Current BA (2a3/45 version) (just received it) plus the LCD-X and maybe the AT W3000s    Deciding  on staying over at my sisters place in Long Beach Friday night then making the drive out in the am or toughing it out and coming straight from PA Saturday early am. Looking forward to seeing you all 
I recently picked up a Melco NA1 and absolutely love it. Easy transfer of my music using the network transfer wireless method. I have it feeding my Yggy and and am impressed by the increased SQ over the mac mini with SSD and 16gb ram with audirvana or amarra. I can use Tidal using he BubbleUPnP app on an old galaxy note I had lying around. I would prefer an iPad interface that could do Tidal or see Melco design an app but other than that very happy. 
3 month old Schist MJ2 for sale, will include a set of the tube monger tube risers for easy tube rolling. This is s great headphone amp but I am moving on the the $4000 Eddie Current Balancing Act. Currently there is a three week wait you can buy mine and avoid the wait time.    Original tubes included - I have several interesting pairs of tubes at additional cost    Paypal preferred - can ship UPS ground in CONUS 
I was going to restore these but have decided to sell them instead as I am raising funds for my new amp.  They sound great but have the usual physical defects that these display 20+ years since they were made. I have the sony case as well.    Payment to be made by paypal and will ship UPS or USPS (buyer to pay shipping)    See photos 
First off props to TMoney for the excellent write up on the Pass Labs HPA-1 as it mirrors many of my thoughts on the amp. I have been through an multitude of headphone amps and audio gear in general since joining Head-Fi a decade ago. The one thing that has struck me is the growth in the top end segment (summit gear) and our communities struggle with the exponential growth in cost for some gear and the misunderstanding that cost increase is not linear with sonic benefits....