or Connect

Posts by Pingupenguins

Hows the corsair? Last one I had got HORRIBLE coil whine. 
 Ouch dude. First I've heard of battery issues. I think my unit is about 3 years old still holds 8 hr charge. 
 Changing pads on the TH-x00's completely changes the way the headphones sound. I played around with Beyer pads and some Th-900 pads. I feel like it guts the low end as well and makes the cans sound very tinny. Luckily for me I don't have big ears, but the small ear space is probably a big problem for some users. Too bad changing pads has such a negative effect on them. 
 Welcome to Head-fi! Where your wallet comes to die... 
  I was actually not so lucky. I had issues with my M8 not being recognized by the computer (works fine with a iphone though. Go figure.) Tried it on 3 computers with 2 different OS's. Finally after 2 months of back and forth with Centrance Tech they told me to pay $99 and ship it back to them for repairs. :/ Still debating on what to do since it does work fine with Iphones, just not my computer.  PS. Careful about that brick charger. I accidentally missed the charging...
 Depends on the headphones and wire. Small headphones with no strain relief and straight down cables definitely impart some cable noise, however a lot of around the ear headphones have no issues. Not to mention the huge removable cable market once you put some memory wire on that puppy. Not to mention strand count and jacket material play a big role in cable noise. CAT 5 is low strand PVC wire. Which is really bad for IEM wiring.  I've almost never received a complaint...
I made it for him.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wpmTBP   CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury White 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury White 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked+...
I'll just leave this here... ;)     Not my headphones, but I really like how the Eidolic pins match up with the matte aluminum shells. Also the silver plated wire doesn't hurt either. 
Tips from a pro. 26 AWG 1mm OD is good enough for almost every headphone I got my hands on. but if you're working on Etymotic's you might have to get some 32 AWG litz which is really no better than a stock wire. Good luck!