Posts by orri

The sound gets tighter, faster and more dynamic i.e. less laid-back. The background also got quieter and I think I need to use less of the volume knob. But the sound did get a little brighter. The good thing is though that the upgrade is reversible...       I ordered two sets of tubes and got two 6080s and one each of 12au7 and 5963. These are the first tubes I've seen so I can't be sure if they are brand new or not...   How long is the burn-in period of tubes?   How long...
Hi,   New addict joining the Crack Anonymous.   I recently installed the Speedball upgrade and while it did a lot of positives to the sound I also found it added some unwanted brightness. I'm using the HD650s and to be frank, they've never sounded this bright before. Since I'm really sensitive to brightness I'm seriously thinking about going back to the basic Crack.   What I wanted to know is; has anyone else experienced this and could it be fixed with new...
For sale a 2005 Headroom Micro with the desktop module. It can be used as a portable with two 9v batteries, although I only used it as a desktop amp. I bought it from a fellow head-fier two years ago. These things are built like tanks so even if it's from 2005 I would say the condition is 8/10. The price is 100€ shipped with the regular PS or 135€ shipped with the Astrodyne Power Supply (which costs 75€ new). I'm also willing to sell the Astrodyne separately for 45€...
Looking for an O2 amp/dac combo (same enclosure). Must be in a good working condition. I'm located in Iceland. Cheers, Orri
Looking for an O2 amp/dac combo (same enclosure). Must be in a good working condition. Cheers, Orri
    Check this out. It might help....   http://www.head-fi.org/t/638448/serious-popping-clicking-with-usb-dac
Still looking...
Like the title says. They have to be in a good working condition. Cheers, Orri
Like the title says, I am looking for a Bifrost with USB. 230V would be necessary since I live in Europe.   Thanks, Orri
-