Posts by orri

Hi there.   I am selling three of my headphones in order to fund new purchases.     - Koss ESP-90 with E/90 energizer. Bought new in November 2014 but I am the 3rd owner. Condition is mint though and no issues with squeals or     pops. Comes with all the accessories as well as a Stax terminated extension plug. They are of course protected by the Koss lifetime warranty.   - Mad Dog 3.2 w/ Alpha Pads. Darth Vader (black stickers on the cups instead of the Mr Speakers...
Hi, Like the title says. I am looking for some weird schiit with a 220v europlug. Thx.
I will quote Tyll's (Innerfidelity) review since I think he gets it spot on:   The Focal Spirit Classic provides a truly excellent listening experience for the audiophile. This is a neutral headphone with a very slightly laid-back sound stemming from a very slightly withdrawn presence region (800Hz-3kHz), but the overall impression listening to the Classics is of the music being one cohesive whole—these are an extremely even and coherent sounding headphone. Delivering...
For sale or For trade a pair of Focal Spirit Classics for a pair of HD600s. I bought these new a in January but found out that they are just not for me (too small cups and I simply prefer open headphones). They have max 10 hrs of use and come in original box with all the accessories. I'll let them go for USD290 or GBP195 shipped.  I would preferably trade with someone from Europe since I am located in Iceland. PM if you are...
Up for sale are my Mr Speakers Mad Dog rev 3.2 w/ Alpha Pads. Darth Vader (black sticker instead of Mr Speakers logo)   I bought them on this forum from aamefford and I have treated them very well since. I really like them as a closed alternative for my HD650s but I simply want to try something new. You know how it is :)   I am located in Iceland so shipping to Europe is prefered, although I am willing to ship worldwide.   PM if you are interested.     The first...
The sound gets tighter, faster and more dynamic i.e. less laid-back. The background also got quieter and I think I need to use less of the volume knob. But the sound did get a little brighter. The good thing is though that the upgrade is reversible...       I ordered two sets of tubes and got two 6080s and one each of 12au7 and 5963. These are the first tubes I've seen so I can't be sure if they are brand new or not...   How long is the burn-in period of tubes?   How long...
Hi,   New addict joining the Crack Anonymous.   I recently installed the Speedball upgrade and while it did a lot of positives to the sound I also found it added some unwanted brightness. I'm using the HD650s and to be frank, they've never sounded this bright before. Since I'm really sensitive to brightness I'm seriously thinking about going back to the basic Crack.   What I wanted to know is; has anyone else experienced this and could it be fixed with new...
Bumping this old classified since this amp really does not get any use so I'm willing to let it go really cheap: For sale a 2005 Headroom Micro with the desktop module. It can be used as a portable with two 9v batteries, although I only used it as a desktop amp. Comes with the original and the Astrodyne PS. I bought it from a fellow head-fier in 2012. These things are built like tanks so even if it's from 2005 I would say the condition is 8/10. Price includes...
Looking for an O2 amp/dac combo (same enclosure). Must be in a good working condition. I'm located in Iceland. Cheers, Orri
Looking for an O2 amp/dac combo (same enclosure). Must be in a good working condition. Cheers, Orri