or Connect

Posts by Shroker

I run the Maverick D1 as a dac with WE 396A and a SUN HDAM from gd-audio and its superb. But probably at this point if you're builindg the crack most likely no point. As a headphone amp it was alright but as a DAC it is superb. Just how I see it. I have quite enjoyed what I've put into it and what I have gotten from it. I would highly recommend the SUN HDAM from gd-audio (the dual channel version) Although it'l lset you back about $60 bucks total.
Million miles different.Very curious how having 3 on a D2 will sound haha.
I have a D1 which only uses 1 op amp (one for headphone out and one for the tube preamp/output) so on the D2 it uses 3 op amps. If I wanted to use the Audio-gd HDAM, I would need to get 3 for a D2 then correct?   I wonder how that would sound.
I presume the 3 opamps are split for certain in and outs? or are they all active at the same time?
Not that I am aware of but warranty should take care of it.
On the D1 I know it uses one slot for the DAC aspect, so you could slot in like audio-gd HDAM or something like that. As the D2 has no headphone output or anyhting like that and I wanted to put the HDAM in, do i need to replace all 3 ? or just one for the tube pre-out? :) I have a friend that wants to get a D2 as a D1 is not needed and wanted ot know if the upgrade path I followed can be done the same.   Thanks Spanky!
The normal analog out is striaght from the DAC and not through the tube. The pre-amp goes DAC-> Tube -> out.
That has me quite interesting. I have a D1 with swapped out tubes and swappd out DAC. I have been considering a D2 and just pop the lid off and do what I did with the D1 to the D2. I dno't use the HP output, nor the line in or out anymore unless I take it on the go with me. It already sounds spectacular with the way I have it set up so I am curious if it will be even better. I have a SUN HDAM and WE 396A tube.
The reason most people would have headphones over speakers is because they can't use their speakers :P. Its more or less the unverisal truth. Also as you go up the chain...speakers and the gear to really bring them out become expensive and consuming.
Apparently never got the notification for this. This may be due to the windwos driver changing its "default" speaker device. Not sure. I run my through the optical.