Posts by newscane

Had a wax issue :)  A while back I got one of those ear-cleaning tools, I now get most of the wax out before it builds up to crazy levels.  When I first got the UE700s, I was using them as my IEMs for running, and was constantly pushing them into my ear as they slipped out because of sweat.  After the first (or second?) replacement, I switched to using cheapo earphones (talking $15 or less from Target) on my runs, and reserving my UE700s for other types of listening.  But...
Also, in one of my previous cases, they actually advocated "cleaning out" the IEM with a needle... so I could always argue I was trying to follow their past advice.  (That was a case where the filter got pushed too far in.)
I'm going to try calling them again tomorrow, hopefully I have better luck with the CSR.  I'm going to stress the fact that this is my third replacement of the UE700s in a year and a half (my old SuperFi 3s lasted a good 4 years or so before a cable socket gave out).  One 700 replacement was a cable problem, the other was a filter getting pushed in by earwax/cleaning earwax.  IIRC, the filter was flush with the "tip" from the get-go, and almost immediately gets pushed in...
Before trying to wash at them, I poked at the filters with a pin -- one got pushed down a bit, I can't quite tell what I did to the other one, but it affected the sound.  It's still not right -- one side is actually distorted a bit -- but it sounds closer to "normal".  Seems like the filters may be the only problem.  I think one of my other pairs of UEs was done in when a filter got pushed in too far somehow.  That's one thing I've never really liked about the design of...
I've owned UE700s for about a year and a half.  Back in June, Logitech replaced my original pair, because I lost all audio in one ear (may have been a cable problem).  Now I'm faced with another warranty replacement.  I last used them on a run a week or two ago, and they were getting sweaty & slipping out.  After the run, I put them away in their case.  Last night, I went to use them, and there was no bass.  My guess is that sweat got inside and somehow damaged them.  I...
They arrived this this morning... I plugged them in to my computer at work for an initial listen, not that that was worth much.  I plugged them into my iPod tonight, and they do sound a little brighter than the SF3s.  I used them for my run on the treadmill, and it was very nice not to have to worry about a cable falling out or audio cutting out (both of which are very distracting during a run!).  They were very comfortable, and I didn't really have any problems with them...
I wound up ordering the UE700s on Sunday... they're due to arrive today (Wednesday).  I'll give them a try, and if they don't live up to expectations, I may jump on the Amazon deal on the Meelecs.  Logitech has a 30-day money back guarantee... so I have that to fall back on...
Quote: thank you for your advice, it's made my decision more complicated :)  In the $75 range, I'm taking a close look at the Brainwavz M2 & the Meelec A151.  I don't know if I can afford to go up to the $150 range right now.  Putting it this way, am I wrong going with the UE700 for $75 vs the Brainwavz or the Meelec?     Would that hold true for the new SF5 as well?  
  The only "seller" of the SF5Pro I see is a third-party seller on Amazon, offering it for $200.   Why do you say you wouldn't pay $75 for the SF5?   No.  They already gave me the coupon code, it's good for 30 days.
Thanks... I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the 700s.  From what I can tell, these SuperFi 5s definitely are NOT the Pros... they're the "new" SuperFi 5.  There may be some better IEMs out there in the $150 range, but at half-off, I think it would be hard for me to beat this deal...