Posts by DayofCalm

Sold! Thanks for interest.
Sale pending!
Heya Head-Fi,   Up for sale is my 8-wire Macromolecule custom LCD-2 (/general Audez'e) cable made by Peter of Double Helix Cables (DHC). It's a beautiful cable, with a 6.3mm (1/4'') termination and Viablue Y-split. The wire is DHC's custom Nucleotide cryo OCC wire; it's flexible, but you can certainly feel its durability. The insulation is clear. I love the sound of this cable; in fact, I've been using it long enough I don't even remember what the stock LCD-2 cable...
Will vouch for The Flashbulb, especially this album. Great music if you enjoy ambient/glitch type of stuff; my personal favorite track is "Warm Hands in Cold Fog". Sounds like a good exchange!
Had MorbidToaster as my exchange partner this year... All I can say is, if you get paired up with him, consider yourself lucky :D Ended up with a boatload of CDs this year... I told him I liked electronica, but this is all new to me! Making my way through all of it, so far so good. BT - Morceau Subrosa Dub FX - Everythinks a Ripple   Dub FX & Sirius - A Crossworlds   Flying Lotus - Until the Quiet Comes   Lorn - Ask the Dust   Two Fingers (AKA Amon...
Count me in. CONUS preferred. Thanks, Asr!
Shameless promo for a friend's dnb page: http://soundcloud.com/stagger Has some nice dnb of varying intensity, feel free to give it a listen. Plus, free downloads, can never complain :D
Massive pics post! A huge thanks to Peter for putting on the Halloween contest again this year... not too often that you run into somebody in the audio industry willing to go to such great lengths regarding conducting giveaways for their fans. I was fortunate to be the winner of the Goliath, pictured here... well, as it turns out, that is by no means a misnomer. This thing is massive... in fact, I have it from Peter himself that he doesn't commercially produce any...
Columbus Head-fier reporting in. Well, Columbus from Winter Break (~ Dec 21 - Jan 21) and summers (May-August). Otherwise at school elsewhere. Definitely interested if this comes together in the applicable time frame; if it does, I could chip in some LCD-2s with a Lyr/Bifrost stack as well as a few other random phones. No need to limit your times so as to include me though, obviously; whatever works for the majority makes most sense. In either case, keep me posted....
If my audio equipment can't kill vampires, I haven't gotten my money's worth. EDIT: The spikes were part of a used deal, but for anybody interested I'm pretty sure they're Super Cell Audio Spikes, either the 2nd or 3rd down on that page. They work well enough! I don't really know about their "vibration control" or whatever, but they definitely ensure my stack doesn't get hot, and I imagine they'd be fine on speakers. Alternatively, you could spend like $400 on...