Posts by Alondite

Having not had a chance to respond properly in the other thread (working all day), I'll post a response here. My main issue with the Havi is simply that their reproduction is not as accurate or high-fidelity as some of its competitors. In fact, it's very far off of some entry-level sets.  Since talking about subjective listening preferences is an exercise in futility, I'll steer things in a more objectivity-oriented comparison. ljokerl recently sent both a pair of...
 It's not a matter of opinion. The VSD3S simply outperforms the Havi, whether you prefer its sound signature or not. And no, I don't have a faulty pair. I've heard 4 pair to date, and either it's simply how the headphone sounds, or terrible quality control. I've inclined to believe the former. Not only that, but they sound identical to how  a "correct" pair measures.  You must not have a lot of listening experience if the Havi are the best IEMs you've ever heard.   I feel...
These have to be, without question, one of the absolute worst-sounding headphones I have ever heard. They do absolutely nothing well. They're harsh, flabby, have a terrible channel imbalance, and sound confused with even the most basic music. Tyll was spot-on when he called these things "an abomination."  Why anyone would ever even consider these when the Vsonic VSD3S are massively superior in every way for a mere $50 is beyond me.
 Actually, the CE is the Mk II. The Mk I does not have an internally braided cable like the CE does, but the Mk. II does. The only difference between the MK I and MK II was the form and composition of the cable. The CE shares a cable with the MK II, and is therefor a MK II.The sounds differences between the MK I and MK II are more likely to due with unit variability than they are actual tuning differences; it really is virtually imperceptible. 
I've had some really bad luck with the standard cable that ships with the HE-400; I'm on my 3rd one in just over a year, and I'm looking into alternate cable options. I don't believe in spending big money on cables (even the $60 for the stock replacement is ridiculous), so the only other option I've found that I'd be willing to pay for is the HiFiMan silver-coated copper cable.  Does anyone have experience with these cables? Specifically, has anyone used them with the...
I'd never, ever consider using the Gratitudes for rock music. The best and most interesting parts of rock music are the intricate guitar lines, drum/brush work, and screamed vocals, all of which are masked considerably my the Gratitudes obnoxiously overblown bass.  Not really, not unless you like the sound of someone trying to sing through 3 panes of glass, which is basically what it sounds like because the harmonics are so weak compared to fundamentals.I'd much rather...
The GR07 basically does everything better than the Gratitude. The Gratitude has ridiculously overblown bass (it's elevated some 15 dB), a syrup-like midrange, and harsh, peaky treble. There's nothing "fun" or "musical" about them; they smear detail, have an unnatural timbre, and pretty much suck all the "music" out of the music. The GR07 has some resonance issues in the lower treble, and is a bit peaky up top, but has a far more natural timbre, better ergonomics, are more...
I owned the original Mk. I, and I've experience with the MK. II as well, and I can say that these are definitely no a re-packing of the MK. I. They might, however, be a re-packing of the MK. II. The CE has an internally braided cable like the MK. II (The MK. I did not have this), and is far more pliable and covered with a softer rubber that is also more silver in color than the Mk. I (which was more of a silver-grey color).Sound-wise, I don't detect any noticeable...
 I've never had an issue with fit with any IEM I've ever used, and tried them with multiple tips. The only thing that tips/insertion depth seemed to affect was the location of the resonances.When I first hear them I suspected that they were maybe, at most, $350. When the guy told me what they actually cost I was stunned. I see no reason why anyone would ever choose these over the JH13. The bass is slow and bleeds into the mids, the treble is hard and metallic, there is...
I don't think so. I've heard many accounts of people having similar issues, and seen measurements that support it. That and I told the owner how I felt about them and asked if maybe he had a bad pair, but he said he'd heard multiple pairs and they were all essentially identical. I have RE0s and GR07s that I use for mobile listening, and my primary cans are HE-400s.