or Connect

Posts by jdg711

Thanks. The sound difference is likely due to the DACs, not so much the amps. The lower power of the Grace is more than enough for the HD800s. I live in the boonies, so I'll not likely get the chance to audition the Grace. :-)
Also, the Grace produces much less power than either the Magni 2 or Magni 2 Uber. IMHO it is not worth $700.
The Magni 2 Uber is considerably more powerful than the Magni 2. If your headphones benefit from more power, then the choice is easy.   You can check the specs of both here: http://schiit.com/products/magni-2
Can you delineate the differences in reulting sound quality between the HM5 Hybrids and the Angled Velours? Thanks.
 Note that the Brainwavz Angled Pads are available in both velour and pleather. I don't know what effects the pleather pads create, but I am pleased with the smooth response that I get with the velour. No lack of bass from my perspective and no excessive sibilance.
I found that the Brainwavz Velour Angled Memory Foam Pads work very well, and are very comfortable. It is a tight stretch, but they look custom once they are installed. I got mine from Amazon for $25/pair.
Let's see... $149 + $349 = $498. Then $498/$40 = 12.45. So, yes, they sound 12.45 times better compared to the OEM cable. Right?!!!
Breakfast with Buddha   Highly recommended!
Are there MASCULINE headphones and FEMININE headphones and GENDER-NEUTRAL headphones? Would you be willing to wear one from ANY of these categories, if the SQ is perfect?  
I am finding that my Pono and Philips Fidelio X2s are a lovely match. I am just running single ended at present. My usual volume setting runs 50-75%. (NOTE: For me, the X2's needed a LOT of burn-in before they began to sound well balanced. I'd recommend 50-100 hours. Straight out of the box they sounded overly bassy and muffled.)