Posts by bowei006

I have bad memories of 360.   Mainly from all the virus ladded Chinese laptops I've seen in where they've used it. 
  I half agree. I personally don't roll with any real AV. But that doesn't mean there isn't one in the shadows.   There are a lot of things that enthusiasts can do and still be unsafe that good AVs can prevent. We like to toy with questionably sourced files as well and often times. Having an AV there as your Jesus pal as you are about to pick the green or red wire in detonating (unraring) that file is nice to know.   Only Windows Defender (the re re-branded MSE for Windows...
The computer I was fixing was laced with fake software.  MalwareBytes was pre-installed already (they never used it)and the new UI made me think it was another fake for a few seconds.   Yeah, I saw that chart. I used that chart to decide on which AV to use. However I went with the 3 most popular off the top of my head before I go to others. They were AVG, AVAST, and Avira. Why? This is a client fix. They like names they have heard or others will fully recognize more than...
#1 Thing I dislike about most forum PC Gamers     The 'because it happens to me', then ' it must happen to everyone' logic and idea.      First of all the article: http://www.maximumpc.com/bragging_rights_pc_gaming_market_maintains_sales_lead_over_consoles_2014   The biggest claim it makes is on PC Gaming Hardware market being bigger than consoles. OBVIOUSLY. For Consoles, you just buy the damn thing and boom. That's it.    Also it notes the massive effect low...
I haven't seen it sold which is why I thought that.  Just checked Micca http://www.miccastore.com/fiio-e10k-usb-dac-and-headphone-amplifier-black-p-71.html?osCsid=e8f97a08e5023b2014e8811f216b43c0 And you are right. It is in stock. Well I'll be damned. My bad
Avast is working fine.   Software is much different from three years ago dude.   Some consumers have an adverse effect to using a security product from Microsoft themselves. Feels cheap and not as safe to them. 
Just downloaded Avira for a client computer. First time using it .....in like years   Good reviews as one of the better free AVs out there.     BUT WTF did they do to it? Did they crapify Consumerfi and make it mobile style popouts as well?   EDIT: http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=1293462   Yep. They crapified consumerfied, signupfied first AVIRA.     Uninstalled you POS softwares that I used to always use.    It only installs the...
That is a fake. The E10K is not on the market yet. Anyone can make an amazon listing. The review is either fake or the user actually bought it and Received a fake/scam unit from a 3rd party So far, the E07K is sounding good. I believe it has been on sale for $60 at times.  Most have said the E07K can't drive the HD6xx's too well nor is it recommended. 
IIt scared me is what it was. Made me think it was a fake program that changed its name to look like MB.
Look at his username.Now take all the numbers out. They are just 123... Redundant numbersWhat are you left with I was blown away when I realized this lol