Posts by Runo

Prepare ship for ludacris speed soul!   Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who they're made by? I guess the development/technology wasn't done by him, but licensed?
I gotta say I don't really understand all the hate towards "the beats" and especially their wearers. I mean, different people have different needs and different requirements concerning their purchases. For many people style and looks might be more important than ultimate sound quality. Who are we to argue and judge? After all, I guess most of us have made choices like that in other fields: Who can honestly say they haven't ever bought (or wanted to buy) designer...
I second this – they sound awesome. Their biggest problem is they don't really isolate… at all (I think it was measured at up to 8db or so, but not even at all frequencies. One of the main reasons why I upgraded to the 770). So they may be closed, but you don't get the typical benefits of closed 'phones. On the other hand, they really DO sound quite good. Transparent, good tight bass, not boomy (may be too little if you're a basshead tho), nice detailed midrange, never...
I haven't heard them, but maybe the soon-to-come Beyerdynamic T70 might be worth trying out as well?
Somewhere around 21kHz for me. 19 is easy, 20 is harder, 21 is barely noticable, 22 not at all anymore. Sad, 3 years ago I could reliably make out 22.5kHz in a blind test… =(   I'm 27 and have once played in a punk band at school, so my ears really haven't been pampered, and I do have a slight continuous tinnitus… but somehow I still hear high frequencies quite well. It's not always fun tho Those marten repellent systems in cars? They always drive me almost insane...
Yes, I suppose the slight treble rolloff, natural compression and smoothing of waveforms most tube amps have really suits them well! My only tube amp is one for guitar, tho, not really audiophile… ;D   And since I need my setup to be portable, tubes are out of the question for me, even though there are portable tube amps as well AFAIK. But I just trust a solid state amp more under rougher conditions… ^^
I recenlty got offered a very good deal on a pair of 250Ohm 770Editions, and I just couldn't resist, even though I had originally wanted to get the 600 Ohmers. Today they arrived, and… I'm in love! ^__^"   Yes, the treble was a little sharp at first. But after putting together a nice parametric EQ setting in Rockbox with rolled off treble and a little mid boost, the phones sound just AWESOME. And they aren't even as bassheavy as I feared! JUST right. I've been...
Just fetched mine from the post office as well (Got it from PJbox). The box came slightly dented, but everything inside seems to be well.   The thing can amp up the volume coming from my Eee notebook so loud I have ringing ears now (I really hear "fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii…" atm, maybe it was a little much :P ), while usually I have to crank up vlc via its EQ to get usable volume >.< (that is with 95db/1mW phones)   Only thing is, I feel at higher volumes the...
Hopefully mine will arrive today (Friday)… wasn't in the mail yesterday, but obviously it takes a little longer from GB to Germany than to other UK adresses, so I'm not impatient… yet. But it's hard seeing you all have fun with them already! On the other paw, it's nice to read a few more opinions and see the awesome pics some of you posted. Thanks for that!   Johann
Heya,   I'm plannning on getting myself a pair of 770/600s soon and I was a little scared they miiight be too quiet when I only drive them via a portable amp – the fiio e11 hat should arrive on my doorstep in the next days. So many people advise against that (770/600 w/ portable amp)… But I just found a website with a headphone SPL calculator… and as long as beyerdynamic's rating of 96dB/1mW is half way correct, I should get more or less the same ~108-110 dB...