Posts by cybernick01

I agree about the stock pads. I tried some 770 velours I had and the signature changed too much for my taste, the sound was less engaging and less dynamic maybe?.
Anyone tried to change the earpads? I tried DT770 pads but they completely ruin the sound signature.  
So what did you end up doing? I'm thinking of trying dt770 velours although I'm afraid to take off the originals
I'd say from memory probably the dt990 has more bass and trebble, really weak mids though, I mean, the first thing I tought when I put them on was: wow, huge soundstage, fun bass (although not a fun of the smile equialisation) and what a terrible fake plastic voice haha. The ma900 on the other side, are all about middlerange, sometimes trebbles are a little to faded. I'd say they have enough bass, although sometimes I get the impresion that they could go deeper.
Has anyone tried Superlux HD381? I mean, they have better soundstage than some closed headphones, seriously
As I understand it, you would need amps if it was hard to drive (volume wise). It is a 12ohm headphone, so I guess you shouldn't have any troubles with any source. If you do opt for buying an amp, you should take a look at the output impedance, as a rule of thumb it should be smaller than 8-10 times the impedance of the headphone (it has to do with the voltage divisor I think). Anyway, I don't completely understand what the "resistor circuit" is you talk about, do you...
What I mean about the 24 bits volume range is this: 24bit-vs-16bit-the-myth-exploded   About the oversampling, my question was: should I do 44.1@96 or 44,1@88 (which I read was better somewhere, because it's a multiple, 2 times). But it seems the E07k doesn't support it?   And about the gain, are you saying it actually uses an output buffer on the opamp? So, that would mean it's analog right? which is not the same as over 100% volume haha Sorry I don't get...
Great then, should had known that before I guess. I've been reading a lot, apparently 24 bits dacs can't really pull off the volume range of 24 bits so it's more marketing than the real stuff? I mean, no real benefit for playback neither. So I guess I won't be downloading any more sh*t in 24 bits.   Would you say there is a benefit from oversampling (even if it's not possible to hear)? And if so, I've tried it with PPHS resampler from DSP options in foobar, but I...
Hi, I've installed the assio drivers from fiio website and used them to play 24/96k from foobar (output correctly configured, btw is the assio plugin needed?). Also, downloaded some 24/96k flac files. Even with all this can't seem to find a big difference between the usb conection and the laptop output, if any. And what worries me more, is that the laptop is actually able to reach higher volumes (compared to gain 0db, volume maxed). I'm using a Superlux HD660 (150...
So, i guess noone has ever tried both nuforce and the sennheiser?... :S