Posts by Tigers Go GRRR

PC card is standard RCA audio out, Xbox is using RCA audio that's attached to a Component cable, Playstation has a special adapter they use that converts a Playstation-specific plug to RCA audio.   Yeah I hear that alot: "ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!? LCD2's BASS ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?!?!?" I'm not sure if I'm a bass-head or if I've set something up wrong. I guess I need to find a headphone meet like yours to find out.   In the meantime, get an Equalizer, got it. thanks for the...
I'm probably a bass-head but I sure do like sound quality too. I have LCD-2 heapdhones and an LYR amp and they sound great but the bass/lows/impact with them is almost non existent. I'm not sure how to get louder, more striking bass without losing sound quality. I plug my sources (Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC) and headphones directly into the amp. Will bass greatly improve when I add a DAC? Would an Equalizer do the trick? Maybe swap out the headphones or amp...
I'm sure Bjork ballads, Mozart and orchestral drums will sound AMAZING with LCD-2s/amp and I can't wait. I was more concerned about the impact a Daft Punk, Eminem song or a building full of aliens exploding in a video game would give. From your replies it seems I'm harshly underestimating the power of high quality headphones and amps. I'd still like the option to turn the lows or bass down a bit when I wanna take a nap to a Metal album or turn it up for extra punch when...
My computer is soooo slow. Takes like 2 minutes to load a single thread page on this site. Who wants to make $5? Can someone who has read this whole thread, type up a list of the most recommended amps? FIVE BUCKS! Just the names of the amps would be fine. I can research the prices, pros and cons of the amps on my own. Surely this thread can be boiled down to 7 or 8 amps, right? 5 crisp American dollars! Crisp!
Most $1,000 headphone amps have nothing but a volume control. I'm used to "bass boost" or "equalizers" in my lower-end audio world and I was wondering if any headphone amp owners find it frustrating to not be able to adjust the highs, mids or lows to your preference on your amp. My fear is that my Concerto/LCD2 setup won't have enough bass punch, for a kickdrum to punch me straight out of my chair. With no knob to increase the low end, I'd be sad. Am I right to...
I dig music, movies and video games and I have roommates, so I need a headphone entertainment setup. I'd like to hear the best of the best quality sound. I figure for the best audio I need: A source (video game machine/computer) A pre-amp (?) A headphone amp like (Concerto/Leben) Headphones like (LCD2/Senn 650) The problem is, after reading a million threads, reviews and descriptions here, I've yet to read ANYTHING about how video games or movies sound with audiophile...