Posts by alphahelix

Sold!
I have a pair of Westone 4 IEMs for sale. If you want, you can search my handle and see the many threads/posts I created and added to when making my initial decision on which IEMs to purchase overall. Additionally, I put up an initial review of my enjoyment with the W4s immediately after I'd received them. Honestly, to this point these are probably still the best IEMs that I have used. The only reason I am selling  is since I will be upgrading to...
I've heard a number of you here talking about the various Shure tips and how they are the best thing since sliced bread. I thought I'd give them a shot because between the hard silicone(clear tips) & the complys I'm stuck between comfort and proper isolation. What do you guys recommend and how can I go about getting the right ones for the W4? I imagine all sizes are not universal?
So if I am understanding this right - my original train of thought is along the right lines? The only thing I am going to get out of a UE 11 vs a 1964Q is going to be marginal or at best, a matter of personal preference in that certain people maybe in fact appreciate the sound signature of the 1964 over the UE regardless of the lower price.   That being said, I understand that I am blending the line between IEMs and electronics - but it seems that over the past few years...
This may be a really stupid and novice question. But what is, essentially, the difference between the UE11 & 1964-Q that justifies more than double the pricetag. I mean if it is one of those things like buying a off brand vs brand handbag or other article of clothing - then that's fine I understand. But I find that in technology/electronics it usually doesn't carry over at such a high degree...
Really...no replies? Bump.
For those of you who have been following my other thread - you are probably going to think I am some sort of a maniac, as I just got my Westone 4s yesterday and here I am already talking about customs. But I figure that I am ready to make this move within the next 1-2 months. At this time, I don't know if I will replace the W4s directly, or start building out a collection and keep the W4s. So far the W4s have been simply wonderful! I put up a preliminary review/some...
Thanks for the congrats everyone - Day 2 so far, so good! Sounding better and better as we progress so far!     Thanks for the tip! They def did open up a lot after the first hour, so I agree with your point completely. Probably my brain getting used to them :-)     PS: They are very, very comfortable. I almost fell asleep on them. They are not like the TF10s which stick far out of your ears so if you roll on your side with the W4s you won't even feel them!
Okay - so after checking and re-checking the delivery status like a obsessed little child - I was very recently just connected with my Westone 4s   I've only been playing around with them for about an hour so far.....but I figured I didn't want to make you guys wait - and I will give some preliminary points of review.   When I first opened the package, the first thing I noticed was the cable itself. I mean, when I say this is an excellent design...I am talking...
Thank you! This is an excellent resource!   I guess quality is generally better than quantity - I don't want the sound to feel like it is "forced' if you catch my drift. I am wondering, if I really end up liking the sound of the W4s and want to increase the bass response, remolding them as a custom (1964 ears does that I believe?) Might be a way to go? As customs....well most people know the benefits of them.