or Connect

Posts by jamato8

If you run biased buffers in the ground and in the buffer output, it pulls a lot of current. It also a few hours like this on the batteries. I haven't timed it but it is enough for normal listening. If you use normal buffers or use the bypass the buffers with the included bypass sockets, you can get quite a few hours of use. There are really so many variables and combinations that you pretty much make it do what you want.  I have all Black Gates in my fi quest and it was...
I have found the Sylvania god pin 5751 grey plate to be less noisy than the black plate. Sometimes you find them with normal pins but most of the time they have the gold plated steel pins. I always like the gold pin and still have NOS for when I need them. A good tube that hold up well. Often the JAN of whatever make, was the same tube as the civilian, just marked JAN as they were contracted for it. And sometimes a tougher tube was called for and then there was more mica...
Fascinating. 
Having used the Kobiconn for years now, disconnecting and reconnecting is not and issue. Also I have compared it to the XLR for sound, and can detect no difference. The conducting metal is not ferrous metal and not aluminum and does a good job. You can go to 20 gauge easily with the Kobiconn. It is inexpensive, which is a blessing over the 20 to 100 dollar connectors that are often used that IMO, offer no better stability or lifespan. 
Right I understand that. It my opinion and an opinion that supporting 2.5 TRRS keeps it alive that much longer when it really is such a bad choice for audio when used in TRRS. It is used for the connectors on the Hifiman HE1000 headphones but for that it is TRS. 
It works fine and even in high gain the graduations on the volume control go low enough and are fine enough that you get good sound. 
The Minibox Gold Amplifier card is excellent. I am just starting to use this and the magnitude of sound that this brings in rendering the recording is wonderful.    I am listening to Bonnie Raitt, Nick of Time. This is an album I enjoy but sometimes I get a little tired of Raitt's voice. To me it doesn't have a range that gets into different types of sounds and at times sounds strained but with the Minibox card, the sounds are so enjoyable I am more engrossed with the...
I haven't seen anything but the AK with the 2.5 TRRS and as noted, they are terrible. The Kobiconn is very easy to work with and holds up extremely well. I have some Whiplash TWau terminated with the Kobiconn and that would be my choice. The crosstalk on the 2.5mm TRRS is also terrible. Though not much better the 3.5TRRS would be a much better choice for crosstalk and durability. It isn't hard to find a 3.5 that is non magnetic but most all 2.5 TRRS have a central (L...
I find it depends upon what headphones and card you are using. With the Angel card, it is very open and the new Minibox gold card is very open, not what I would call close to the sound but a very good perspective with a large and well defined soundstage, if recorded this way. 
Yes Ray came up with this a few years back. It was criticized as cheap and wouldn't last. It holds up to much use and I have never had a Kobiconn connector fail and they wear fantastic.  I have my TWau by Whiplash terminated with the Kobiconn so I can go balanced from it or use and adapter to whatever connector I want and the Whiplash cable I have is the modular, which is a Kobiconn at the Y so you don't have to buy anything but just the Y to the headphones in the future....