Posts by jamato8

Wow, that is cool. What is double the price? 
Nice looking. I wonder what the bass metal they are using? I like copper but so soft unless beefed up with something. Sadly even Furutech on their 2.5TRRS uses a steel center pin and it is a conductor. I have some 2.5 TRRS that cost 5 dollars, are non magnetic and no steel pin so go figure. Furutech told me they used it and felt the need to, for strength but I have the 5 dollar plug here with no issues. So many plugs will use a nice plating and have a base material of...
In other words, Are we there yet, well are we? lol 
What brand of tube? I have seen small signal tubes do the base flare, which is normal for a couple of brands and kind of cool but I have seen the 6SN7 family do it, from what I recall. What is interesting is on the small signal tubes no one has come up with a concrete reason why they designed them this way. I have read some stuff from some of the most knowledgable people I know and they don't know for sure. A real mystery. I even had a friend who designed and held patents,...
I get the same thing. I think I read somewhere that a FW update would be coming up for this but it doesn't really bother me as I tend to listen to albums.  ************************ I have been listening to a lot of DSD that is well recorded lately. Wow. Shelby Lynne, Just a little Lovin', is very good. 
Those middle fingers do make the rounds. lol  I can understand why you have the layout the way you do. I guess you could make the Hugo II larger and have everything at one end, wait then it would be a table top design, and I think you already have that. So adapt and enjoy the Hugo II. Humans have adapted for 1000's of years, this is but a small bump in the road in our evolution. lol 
As long as when I walk up to someone I am not asked if that is a dap I have in my pocket or am I happy to see them. 
I am sure mine was fine and not defective. What I mention was very minor and maybe it would have been easier to have not brought it up at all. I purchased it and had from start at 0 hours to over 500, I heard the changes as it burned in. Now I will hear and burn in the 1Z. I know from my other daps and sources what to listen to and it will be easy for me to tell if the 1Z is different in sound compared to the 1A. I also note that some here say there is a difference in...
I have mentioned it. I mostly use the Focal Utopia and the HE1000v2. Both are excellent headphones and I enjoy using them. I don't max out the volume and it depends upon the recording, how it was mastered, regarding the volume that I use. It is not a major issue but something I have heard. I always use high gain as I prefer it for everything I own, daps, amps etc. Even if I am using IEM's I use high gain because I think it sounds a little better than most low or mid gain...
Please read what I wrote. I stated this was with headphones. To clarify, not IEM's but regular headphones on louder rock or classical. What I hear, is a bit of distortion and compression because it doesn't have quite the headroom for this louder more demanding music with my HE1000 v2 or the Utopia. That doesn't mean the 1A isn't good or that it can't handle music of a complex and dynamic nature, I merely am stating what I have heard. If no one else experiences this great....