Posts by jamato8

Have you tried the batch tool on the first page? I have read of a couple of people that had the problem and using the batch tool cleared it up. 
 I agree, there can be quite a dichotomy in descriptions of what is better and how much. How much more personal and subjective can you get than in this audio interpretation. So many variables, too many to account for accurately but we try.  This is a dedicated thread by Hifiman for impressions and I know they wanted to keep it that way. On this same forum there is a more general thread for dialogue and that is what Hifiman was hoping would be used, while keeping this...
I am listening to a violin solo on a DSD recording via the Hugo to my home amp. It isn't like a speaker system nor is it like headphones. I can feel the headphones on my head but the sound floats free of the constraint of ear pads. Very realistic and captivating. I used to play violin and this captures the emotion, harmonics and strings resonating in a splendid way. 
I must be at near 200 hours. I swear they are still changing and all for the better. These may be a long burn in phone and if you don't believe in burn in, that is ok. It seems like the drivers are more, responsive with more time, like they are flexing more but still very rapid. I think many people are going to get a kick out of these phones.    Needing more hanging room, I ordered one of the nice aluminum double hangers mentioned in the other HE1000 thread. I have the...
I have a friend who has the 800, 009 and Orpheus. He will have the HE1000 soon. It should be interesting. 
If the leather band is stitched, the sticking isn't going to allow for much stretching. that is why a stitched belt holds its shape and length better than one that is not. I used to do it professionally and in horse tack and all other equipment, often the stitching isn't there just for looks but for some strength and much for shape. 
I am not so sure that the HE1000 lack detail unless you turn them up. I have some music that is well recorded and has a wide dynamic range, with much of this in classical. Now if I listen to the quiet passages, they are sometimes too quiet and I turn up the volume, only to get blasted when the full range of the orchestra comes into play. Have I heard this in live orchestral music, yes. And this is what I am hearing with the HE1000, a full dynamic range but it seems you...
I just ordered one. Thanks, I think. . really, thanks though. I keep spending money but these things need a good place to hang around. lol  I have 3 single and one double (Woo Audio, very nice and adjustable and heavy) but I have many more phones and they are on wall hangers and I would like them more accessible so one more dual hanger. 
You must be listening to a totally different DX90 compared to mine. I have many daps and I would never describe the DX90 as sounding flat and lacking depth. Just the opposite to my ears. I hear a deep soundstage, which is also layered with good imaging. The AK100 II, which I have is a great player, not as good as the ZX2 but very good but the AK100II is more of a different sounding player compared to the DX90. The DX90 has more energy, the AKII a little more refined but...
Maybe it goes to amp used also. I listen to a lot of classical music, recorded and live and if the HE1000 were any more dynamic sounding, to me, it would be unnatural. They do well with Jimi Hendrix as well. :^) Joe Satriani comes across pretty well as well, though a little compressed at times, due to the recording. Back to classical, I have some Brahms, Clarinet Quintet in B minor op. 115, that is beautiful to listen to.