Posts by ButtUglyJeff

Its a shame you couldn't audition my Grado HF-2s, the second Head-fi special editions.  They are like an unofficial prototype for the PS500s.  They are Grado sound without the peaky treble spikes.  They are thicker in sound then your average Grado.  And they are mid forward, while glowing more in the bass region, then Grados tend to. 
 Yes I'm quite sure.  But the confirmation is somewhere in one or both of the M8 threads.  FYI, his M8 also accepts 1/4" out at the center of the centers of the XLRs. But a neat thing about his M8 and the Schiit Mjolnir is that he could go dual XLR to dual XLR, then just set the proper impedance and volume.  Schiit sells interconnects for that.  http://schiit.com/products/pyst-cables But that's just one man's opinion.  Always audition if you can...
You could feed another amp with your M8.  I forget the settings to get "line out", but it can be found somewhere in this thread.  If you're going full desktop, I do love Audeze cans on the Schiit Mjolnir...
 When my TH600s were stock, I believe they had a soundstage edge over the Z7s, but barely.  But now that they are LA600s, they have even more.  But maybe at the cost of some of the thickness in the bass region.
 There is a cable upgrade for that... http://store.sony.com/high-performance-portable-audio-cable-for-mdr-z7-zid27-MUCB12SM1/cat-27-catid-All-Portable-Audio-Cables;pgid=DgROWvRBGMlSRprFGwcWgP2_0000psNA46R9?_t=pfm%3Dsearch%26SearchTerm%3DMUC-B12SM1 Though its a bit pricey
 Always an option to me, so very few options to try stuff around here.  But lets wait till after tax season, because I'll most likely have a upgrade of some sort to share...  300 miles is a bit far for a mini meet, but maybe I'll catch you at one of the NYC meets...
^^^ I did something similar (well BTG did....lol) except using mini 4 pin XLR.  Less weighty, but then I did need a adapter to go to regular 4 pin XLR...
 I'm using my HiFi-M8, single ended with the stock cable.  I love the combo so far.  I'm trying to decide my next upgrade path, so upgrade cables for balanced listening are up in the air for me.  I would love the upcoming ZX2 and maybe Kimber Kable combo to work well with the Z7.  We shale see...
 A well done head-fi meet is more then worth the drive.  The NYC meet is about 350 miles for me, and I'm more then happy that I did it...
 How power hungry of a headphone do you want to push?  And what are you planning to pair it with?  The PHA-3 does look awesome to me too, but I doubt It'll be the best with harder to drive headphones...