Posts by ButtUglyJeff

I too suffer from GAS.... Ampeg was my last benefactor.  Good luck.
 Do you have the power on in the correct direction?  It's one direction for USB and another for optical?
 If you showed me that picture, and had me guess the manufacture, Audeze would be guess #20? #30? #40?
Before the Lightning CCK, I believe there used to be a 30 pin CCK.  For the iPhone 4, you might need that instead....
 I don't believe you are correct.  LXs don't play with iPhones, unless with a CCK...
 The LX isn't an iDevice model.  But like you said, you can still connect using the CCK.  And on the LX model that's the only way.  I have seen some non-cable adapters, and I think ExpatinJapan and AnakChan uses one.  And that's the shortest chain possible. On a side note, I listened to the Alpha Prime through a HiFi-M8 LX fed by an AK120 this past November.  And you sir are in for a treat; great combo...
Has anyone confirmed that these EL-8s have any connection to Prototype Z?  Or are they two completely different projects?   .....I know, I know, wait till Tuesday.
Nothing excels to infinity.  But I enjoy the fact that every time I plug my HD650s to any amp/DAC combo up the food chain, I'm always rewarded.  That means I can enjoy my journey with the HD650s until I'm ready too go to a TOTL headphone...   That doesn't mean the right $300 combo can't move the HD650 to a very enjoyable level.  My HiFi-M8 makes the HD650 sing.....
That's a real looker, but plan a big budget if you want to roll tubes in that one....
 They share elements of sound and character, but I wouldn't crown them "closed HD650s".  I've listened to several closed cans that share more with the HD650.  But that isn't necessarily a bad thing.  The Z7 extends further in bass and treble, and is more bass authoritative.  And the mids on the HD650 are just plain superior.  I find them more complimentary without being polar opposites....