or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

I'm not sure if Oppo uses 2.5mm or 3.5mm at the ear cups.  Are you trying to do 4 pin XLR on a budget?  You could send the included balanced cable out for retermination, and still have a cable to use single ended while you wait...
 I'm have a Kimber Kable modded by @cCasper TFG to do just that.  I believe it's 3.5 mm at the ear cups.  But many cable makers are familiar with the Z7.  Moon Audio and Surf Cables comes to mind...
  Well, I wasn't going to reply.  I was assuming someone owned one. Last fall at the NYC head-fi meet, I was able to listen to the T1 paired with Jack Woo's WA8 prototype.  I was stunned with how well that little DAC/tube amp combo really tamed the treble and brought the bass to life.  Really a wonderful combo, but the thing is going to be about $1500.  So I guess it should be special.... Anyways, I wanted a reference.  So, I pulled out my handy dandy M8 and plugged the T1...
 Warren may be easy, but he's not cheap....
Sound points and Mutt's nuts...   ....what a thread.
 I'm not trying to rank one headphone over the other.  I just said that if you like one, then you should like the other.  I prefer the bass and treble on the Z7.  And I prefer the mids and soundstage on the HD650 (soundstage is unfair considering the HD650 is open).  Both are only slight advantages.  But I can't see someone disliking one, and loving the other.  To me that would be a real head scratcher... The HD650 does scale very well, and have listened to my pair of some...
 I wonder how well the WA234 will hold value for you?  I hope you don't lose too much.  Good luck...
 Prepare yourself for a shift to treble...
My M50s are better for isolation, which are over ear.  I like the DT1350s far more sound wise, just not great for keeping out jet noise...
 I feel bad for those customers.  I hope to own an Audeze someday, but only if those issues subside....