Posts by ButtUglyJeff

I've only listened to the CLAS in two configurations, and I believe the M8 sounds more similar to the original CLAS with the RSA SR-71B, though the M8 has a little more floor noise, and a little more power behind it.  At least that's my impression. I own the CLAS db and pair it with the ALO Mk3 B.  This setup has power like the M8, but for some reason I like it more with easier to drive headphones, then the M8, in general.  But I do love the Beyer DT1350s, balanced, with...
 I have both, but since a CLAS can be paired with dozens upon dozens of different AMPS, I tend to say its "apples to oranges".  I like both setups, but I can easily say the M8 is the better value... And FYI, that was awful.  I'm glad its gone...
 My HD650s pair amazingly well with my M8, so the HD600 should do equally as well....
 With the current flavor of IOS7, it works great, spectacular considering ExpactJapan is running 24/192 tracks that way.  But Apple could easily kill it with any update.  And any Apple player that can't run IOS7 cannot, and that includes the Classic.
 Most Android based phones will do the trick, through USB.  Also, there's a new batch of Android based Sony Walkman DAPs that should all also work.  I'm watching to see if Sony releases any of those in the US myself.  The ZX1 is 128gb, and I would like my next DAP to be at least that size in capacity.
Wow, even better then the promised 24/96!?!?!?
 Now there's an idea.  Amps help all headphones...
 Just don't rip them at the library.  I watched a poor SOB get read the riot act for that, just last week....
  It would be nice to have 24/96 without all the "voodoo" that ExpatinJapan had to do.  And it would also be nice not to need IOS7 to do it too....
 There was a fairly recent post, in one of the two M8 threads, stating that it was still in the works...