or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

I got a little at maybe the 10 - 20 hour mark, then it settled away. I can't say what internal components need "burn in", but it happened. But, it never turned me off of the DAC at any point...
I don't have personal experience with those two Chord products, other then the knowledge that they share identical DAC sections. I completely disagree with the 4 week burn in necessity. My Musette settled in nicely after about 30 or 40 hours of listening, and it wasn't any sort of harsh settling. I enjoyed listening through the process...
 Wow, that feels late.  Later then other parts of the world? edit - even the first of November seems late
 I asked that question on the first page and @thatonenoob said its a different driver.  So, its just a coincidence that its also 70mm...
I am super curious on the noise floor on these two DAP, especially balanced.  If its noisy, all the wi-fi people will go bananas...
I was just reading on the Z1R thread how the Z7 couldn't hold up to the HD800, HD800S, LCD-3, and HE1000.  Well Duh!  All those are triple or quadruple the price of the Z7 (or more depending how you shop).  Seems a bit of an unfair expectation.  I was going to respond, but I feared the dreaded "They're Sony, if they wanted they could crush all those at the Z7 price"...
Makes you wonder about the future of the ZX2, is it staying or going?
 I wouldn't bet the house.  The ZX2 got the same bad press 2 years ago...
  Not to mention listening to customers beg for Android updates, on a device for audio, and these updates wont even improve the audio experience...
 Its actually a standard designed for audio, unlike 2.5mm, 3.5mm TRRS, and RSA...