Posts by ButtUglyJeff

Is your receiver your amp and DAC?  Or are there separate components?  If they are 2 boxes, how do you connect them?
 I'm kinda hoping the same thing.  Or maybe I'll get lucky and run into a used Matrix X-Sabre... Is anyone else in the hunt for a tablet (iPad) friendly desktop DAC?  Both the Gungnir and the X-Sabre are...
 I like the custom artwork on the shells...
 Power isn't a dumb down thing, its actually quite complex.  You have your watts, amps, ohms, volts.  You have tubes vs. solid state.  Ask any HD800 owner....
 Oh I see it now on the Schiit web page, thanks. Do you listen to hi res stuff that way too?  Onkyo app or something similar?
I was wondering is any Gungnir owners have tried using an iPad/iPhone as an input for this DAC?  If it did work I'm assuming it would be with Apple's CCK adapter.  I'd like to be able to play hi-res stuff using the Onkyo App.   I ask because I'm debating on DACs and I just found out the Matrix X-Sabre can go this route...
 This is only based on audition of someone's HD600/BHC combo.  Then I tried my HD650 right after. I find the treble very similar.  It's just the warmth of the mids is far more overpowering in the HD650 and seems to hide the treble to a degree.  I'm one of those that tends to scratch their heads when someone insists that these two headphones are night and day different.  And then they insist that they could never go from one to the other, because the other is offensive is...
 If you take that through a TSA checkpoint, please take a video for us....lol
 So this is the headphone that crushed the souls of so many modders...... Nice to see the Flow can push it to potential...
 The included cable works with the PHA-3 and the Pono Player (weird ain't it)...