or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

A while back @warrenpchi (before joining the light side) had an Omni and a prototype LC and did some listening experiments for me.  Needless to say he approved the pairing highly.  Comparing it favorably to a pre-fazor LCD-3.  That's quite a praise if you ask me...   edit - here it is http://www.head-fi.org/t/769682/zmf-omni-upcoming-semi-open-flagship/150#post_11733007
  Yeah, I refer to my Liquid Carbon as "Lucky #7" because of its serial number (0000007 or something like that).  Its a first run LC, as there are no second runs in the wild yet...  There is still quite a bit of wait left for the second batch to ship.  The ordering stopped in May I believe?  And somewhere I thought I read 12 to 14 weeks from that point?  @warrenpchi would be the man to ask for an estimate, and remember it would be an estimate.  Things always can change...
^^^^ Micro-meet!!!!
Owner of lucky #7 checking in:     I must say this DAC pairing with the Liquid Carbon has been giving me goosebumps for a week now.  The Musette is labeled on the front "NOS Mini DAC", but it looks like a giant compared to the tiny amp.  This is my only setup, but I could totally see this as an office or bedroom rig for some of the bigger spenders here.   Great combo for anyone considering.  Its true the Liquid Carbon is totally worth overspending a bit for its...
 I don't believe so, but to be fair my ear pads are quite old anyways...
 I couldn't agree more....
 Very cool news, thanks. Is Greece a yearly trip for you?  I swear I remember reading here something about you being there before.  Is that when this thread gets flooded with food pics?
I was going to question the source of the two graphs.  Different sources usually means different equipment, which means different results. That, in of itself, doesn't mean one is correct and another incorrect.  It just means one should compare results for common testing methods.  But as @castleofargh said I don't want a "graph war", as I'm poorly equipped to participate in one...   I'm no golden ears, but I still trust what I hear.  At least when I'm home in my...
 I can't explain why those 2 graphs are so similar, but listening to the 2 headphones back to back you can definitely confirm the strength of bass the Z7 has over the HD650.  But something like the TH600 has even more, or at least its more obvious due to the complete lack of mid presence.  Which may prove a little theory of mine.  Maybe the dip in mids is what make the bass more present?  The ears can't hear more of everything.  But I'm sure that's a topic for...
Glenn, with Khragon's amp almost complete, does that mean you are going to work on the EL3N amp project?  Or are you still waiting on parts?