Posts by ButtUglyJeff

Personal checklist:   - have laptop charged and waiting - remember that noon in Texas is 1pm Eastern Standard - move money to paypal - pray that demand matches volume
Cables do matter, also try turning the M8 off them on when connected....
 You don't have to do it all at once.  Yes, I'd get a balanced cable as soon as you could.  But, don't feel pressured to need a balanced DAC on day one of owning the Liquid Carbon.  The Hugo isn't balanced, and just about everyone loved it paired with this amp. Let your budget make this more a journey, then a sprint.  Enjoy the stages...
^^^^ I love how Grados only need a good DAP to shine...
 I agree with your choice.  While your Modi/Magni combo is admirable at its price point, I doubt its doing your Hifimans near full justice.  See you in the Cavalli thread...
 I'm kinda hoping he starts taking orders sooner, then later, even if shipping isn't until late summer or even fall.  I just want to get my place in line, and I'm not one of those people who gets angry for having to wait for something new.  I was a good boy waiting 9 months for my HiFi-M8.....
 Most everything is speculative. Release is speculated as summertime...Price is speculative between $500 and $700... The good doctor did state he was planning something special for the people ordering the first run.
 I want to pair my HD650s with the Carbon, so I get your dilemma.  I would say if you have a quality amp already, then grab an HD650 deal.  But if you're trapped in a world with good headphones already and lack proper amplification, go Carbon and grab the first batch deal...
 First off, the Monoprice 8323 swing way above their weight class, easily the best "bang for the buck" headphone out there (at least in my opinion)... With that said, my HD25s are awesome for what they are.  But, they do need a little time for head/headphone break in. 2 things that will make the things the HD25 more are a nice little dac/amp (like the Dragonfly 1.2 or Schiit Fulla or many others in the micro department), and ditching the lousy steel cables and going copper...
 I think that's the Duet, not a CLAS...