Posts by ButtUglyJeff

When BTG made my HD25 cable, Brian put some heat shrink at the point where it meets that angle.  Probably has saved my cable form the same fate...
 There was a Sonett and a Sonett 2.  Maybe you were thinking of the later, which I think was $1100/$1200.  Either way, the only option on these rare amps are the used market anyways...
Its encouraging to see these amps that are at least somewhat budget friendly hitting the market.  I was excited about the Headroom Standard Amp (which news of seems to have quieted down), and now the Schiit Jotunheim.  Exciting times for nut jobs like myself...
Just out of curiosity, has anyone here listened to the new Schiit Jotunheim balanced amp with their HD650s yet?  I'm reading positive impressions on the pairing.  I might get a chance to audition the amp, in two or three weeks....
  ...its a $100 more then the HE-560
 To be fair, I didn't get to try the Cypher cable/DAC and I think it would have improved.  I was even trying to figure out if they could be direct wired into the DT1350, but I haven't seen any intell out on the interwebs...
 You should try the Elear too then.  Its like an HD650 that kicks you in the junk...
 You love your setup.  Stop listening to us audio-fools. But man the HD650 scales to infinity I swear.  My HD650s sounded so epic on the GSX Mk2, WA5, and WA22, and I've been thinking more and more about doing a 2 year save up for an end game amp like the Zana Deux Super...
 Boy I don't think you should let either go, especially when your new DAC and amp arrive.  Even if the HD800S becomes your primary headphone, it will still be nice to hit the reset button with the HD650 from time to time...
 Yeah these headphones do respond well to a little clean amplification.  I actually preferred them to the Audeze Sine, especially when amped...