Posts by ButtUglyJeff

The cables on the HD650 are removable and easily replaced.  Buy a cable with the correct end, and you will be rocking balanced.  And yes, it is worth the effort.  The HD650 scales well...
 I have 2 portable setups that I use with the HD25s.  First is the ALO RxM3 b, paired with a Cypher Labs Algorythm Solo db, and the other is the DAC/Amp combo from the CEntrance, the HiFi-M8.  Both are fantastic, but I do prefer the first combo with the HD25s... FYI, I want silver plated copper hoping for tighter bass.  I think it did the trick...
 This would be great to pair with a HiFi-M8 LX.  No?
Rudi is a walking mini-meet.  All he needs is the company........
 I wonder if Sennheiser will honor the $50 rebate, after seeing the discount RazorDog did?  Sennheiser is real nuts about price control...
If you live in the US, check Apple's refurb section.  They have the 64gb Touches for $299 and free shipping...
 I have one of those for my CLAS db + RX Mk3B,  I should wrap up the M8 and see what its like...
 Keep in mind, you are talking about the DAC part of the chain.  Most think it has less importance, then let say the amp.  Many here will suggest, to budget minded folks, to spend your funds on the best amp possible, then look for a DAC upgrade later.  I'm one of those believers... I tend to rate importance: Source -> Headphones -> Amp -> DAC -> cables/interconnects I know audio is more complicated then this chain (which I'm sure others would argue), but it helps me temper...
 There are a few differences from the Amperior and HD25, but they do feed the cable along the same headband. And you always have the option of flipping the cups for larger cables, like the ones used on the HD580/600/650...
There's limited space it the headband.  Any cable much larger then the stock won't fit...