or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

I know Alex had a dialog with the owner of WyWires to make an affordable solution.  I believe it was for the RSA connector, but the TRRS is the same 4 wires so should be quite similar solution. But with all that's been said, the phase splitter works wonders.  Don't be afraid to go that route.  I haven't used a balanced input yet, and I'm in no hurry to do so.
 That grain is stunning.  Great capture...
 Have checked out Custom Cans, in the UK? https://www.customcans.co.uk/ They have all kinds of HD25 stuff, including replacement and upgrade cables.  Turns out they also carry those Yaxi earpads I'm eye balling...
 Not to throw a hard curve ball, but the DAC you choose can accomplish similar results.  I ordered a Metrum Musette to pair with my LC, and the things I hear most about Metrum DACs is soundstage and musical...
 I was expecting a whole bunch of +1s out of you..... Now that's how to troll...
 Maybe look into the ZMF Omni?  I'm thinking a Glenn OTL and Omni combo might be in my future...
I was thinking of getting a Pono player and a balanced cable for the HD25/Pono combo.  Has anyone else considered doing the same thing?
 Yes, balanced mode can be very rewarding. That is if the amp you choose inherently performs better in balanced mode.  I listen to mine through a Cavalli Liquid Carbon (first run $599), and I'll put it up against any of the other budget friendly amps already mentioned.  My next move is a DAC upgrade....
 Awww man, are they bringing their new flagship?!?!?
  I kinda like Abba.... in moderation....