Posts by ButtUglyJeff

I have recabled 4 headphones, and the HD25s, by far, benefited most from a new headphone cable.  The stock steel cable is by far the weakest link in the HD25 chain....
 I don't consider the HD25s to be "aggressive", though I suppose most headphones are compared to the HD650s.  HD25s are fun and forgiving, the way any good DJ headphone should be...
 I love that interconnect.  Did a friend make that?
 May I advise against that kind of sale.  You'll always attach the loss of your music to that child... ...I'm 44 and my father still refers to me a "the reason he lost his GTO".  Nice stuff to hear all your life, eh?
 What number are you?
  I want to go to a head-fi meet in the worst way.  One reason is to try the Mk3 with orthos.  I want to also see its potential....
 I have 4 headphones with SPC from BTG Audio.  Some benefit more then others.  My HD25 had a drastic improvement, and my TH600 barely seemed different...
 I tend to believe that better amps get more out of better cabling....
 I'm a fan of silver plated copper, but I will agree that an amp with more authority will give you more improvement for the buck.  There is a difference between "adequately" and "with authority"...
 I don't think he's questioning the power of his Hugo.  I think he's just looking to add more bass to the equation.  Do you think the ALO amp will color the sound to give more bass?