or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

I'm curious about that comparison too, but the Sony isn't going to be available till November or December, and the Utopia is just now starting to ship.  We won't get that till Xmas...
 It has 2 outputs.  3.5mm single ended, and 4.4mm balanced...
 He's not a "second tier DAP" kinda guy......
 Dignis would be the way to go.  That sweet one Sony sells for the ZX2 costs a mint...
 I agree.  When I first listened to mine, I got goosebumps.  Then for a few days the treble was a bit scratchy, even on my HD650.  Then it smoothed out to what it is today.  Its a wonderful sounding DAC.  Makes you wonder what the other DACs up the food chain can do...
 Bummer, that means they can't share cases then...
 Is it needed? https://www.amazon.com/Sony-WMC-NWH10-Conversion-Cable-Output/dp/B00FF086HE
 Oh I know, and its also 1/3 the price.  Its the only one I could swing anyways...
 I love the shape.  The gold ain't my style, but I'd get past that fast once I put it in a primo leather case...
 If the Z7 is any point of reference, then no.  Aftermarket cable makers use standard 3.5mm jacks and I have yet to hear complaints about loose connections.  But I do like how the cable plugs, then threads in place...