or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

Well that's the $64,000 question.  The nice thing is, its going to be a regularly produced amplifier.  So, no need to involve yourself with group buys.  The only reason I think this might be a budget gem, is because of the headphones Headroom is promoting with this upcoming little amp: https://www.headphone.com/collections/packages If its good with an HD800S, then the HD650 shouldn't be a concern...
 It looks like a @2359glenn OTL to me.  I've been hoping for one of Glenn's tube amps for quite some time...
 They do have plans for other product releases.  From their blog: "Each Standard unit is exclusively built by hand right here in Montana and assembled by highly skilled tech artisans who have been with the HeadRoom company for 10 years or more, so you know you’ll be getting a superb high-quality product built with extreme care and painstaking attention to detail by people who really love what they do. And you’ll also be supporting our presently ongoing company efforts...
 From the blog post I linked: "Each Standard unit is exclusively built by hand right here in Montana and assembled by highly skilled tech artisans who have been with the HeadRoom company for 10 years or more, so you know you’ll be getting a superb high-quality product built with extreme care and painstaking attention to detail by people who really love what they do. And you’ll also be supporting our presently ongoing company efforts (still a secret!) to build other new...
I like it when lower cost amps hit the market, and it seems Headroom is back at it with an upcoming solid state amp.  Its the new Headamp Standard:   https://www.headphone.com/blogs/news/a-new-standard-from-headroom   I think this might be a great pairing with the HD650, as they are selling it in packages with top flight headphones (Like the HD800S)   And at a preorder price of $299, this could be a great price/performance ratio, just like the HD650.   Anybody...
 I will speculate that the mids of whatever is announced still can't top an HD650.....
I'm hard pressed to think of a headphone that presents female vocals better then the HD650.  I was paying attention to the Focal Elears, as I kept hearing "super HD650s" thrown around.  But then I hear the counter that the HD650 still does mids better.   How can any headphone be called a "super HD650" without being spectacular with the mids is beyond me...
 Zach will recommend the Metrum Musette.  I'm not sure why.... Actually, so would I.  Its a great match to the LC.  Hopefully soon I'll be adding an Omni for myself as well....
There are tons of "premium" headphones that don't have the driving needs of the HD650.  Fostex, Hifiman, and Audeze have offerings that come to mind....
 Buy for you, not the jerk ball....