Posts by ButtUglyJeff

The WA2 is a slower more syrupy amp.  I think its not the best HD650 pairing.  More of an HD800 kinda amp.  Might want to check out the WA6, because its a bit more speedy.  And there are even faster tube amps (The Zana Deux Super comes to mind), but they come at a hefty price. Solid state stuff is also a good suggestion. The Schiit Jotunheim looks like a real winner with the HD650, and I hope to audition one, in the coming weeks...
 sure sounds like it...
 The Z7 should make a nice compliment to your HD600, and your Schiit stack would drive them just fine.  Expect a more bass heavy experience, and an impression that the mids are "sucked out".  But that's just the HD600 spoiling you in that regard...
 I wonder if your Z7 were opened up?  Maybe modded? I know the bass ports in the cups play a very important role in the bass presence in these headphones.  If one of the 4 ports got slightly blocked, I sure it would be thought of as a bass imbalance...
When BTG made my HD25 cable, Brian put some heat shrink at the point where it meets that angle.  Probably has saved my cable form the same fate...
 There was a Sonett and a Sonett 2.  Maybe you were thinking of the later, which I think was $1100/$1200.  Either way, the only option on these rare amps are the used market anyways...
Its encouraging to see these amps that are at least somewhat budget friendly hitting the market.  I was excited about the Headroom Standard Amp (which news of seems to have quieted down), and now the Schiit Jotunheim.  Exciting times for nut jobs like myself...
Just out of curiosity, has anyone here listened to the new Schiit Jotunheim balanced amp with their HD650s yet?  I'm reading positive impressions on the pairing.  I might get a chance to audition the amp, in two or three weeks....
  ...its a $100 more then the HE-560
 To be fair, I didn't get to try the Cypher cable/DAC and I think it would have improved.  I was even trying to figure out if they could be direct wired into the DT1350, but I haven't seen any intell out on the interwebs...