or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

Focal thinks "mid-fi" is $999..... go figure
 Importing is the way to go.  Check out places like Price Japan or AccessoryJack.  But still, at best one can only hope to save 15% or so... I used an Amazon 3rd party seller to get mine, and still only save $30.
 I think the lower price is Amazon 3rd party, that ships them from Japan.  I got my Kimber that way...
 Thanks for the offer.  If I end up with an HE-6 someday, I'll take you up on that.  It looks sharp, and probably helps...
  I love your grill mod there.  I hope someday to do something similar to an HE-6, which is the only Hifiman I like...
 If you want them, shop around.  You shouldn't have to pay list price on these.  I paid full, just because I wanted to be an earlier adopter, but would never recommend to do that. Watch places like Massdrop, or consider importing them from Japan.  Amazon Japan has them for 48480 yen currently, you just need to pay a small fee plus shipping to an export service.
  iMac (off to the left) -> Metrum Musette -> Cavalli Liquid Carbon -> MDR-Z7
  I'm still convinced that the Z7 is far more dependent on source for defining its sound, then amplification.  Ever since adding my Musette to the chain, the Z7 has been giving me chills.   I'm getting more and more curious about what the mods can do...
    No list of supported file standards, a little surprising.  But I don't have a crazy collection of formats...