or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

That's a great price on Massdrop.  Now I'm kinda bummed I passed on the tour...
 What headphones do you own? Remember the Grace M9xx is a DAC/Amp combo, and the LC is just an amp...
 XLR is the best, but RCA is a very close second due to the phase splitter in the LC. Some balanced connections lack grounding (RSA, 2.5 TRRS, etc...) and that's where Alex suggested using an additional cable to make the ground complete...
 I sent mine to @PETEREK for modding.  He's quite reasonable, maybe a little too reasonable....  
 Ask Zach how his HiFi-M8 does with the Omni.  Its got more beef, and might be a good option.  But let Zack comment, as I haven't had an Omni to try on mine yet...
 I'm considering that DAC myself.  I'm hoping to hear Zack's impressions soon...
 Ever try the Headamp GSX Mk2........  Do yourself a favor, don't listen to it with an HD800... But I bet the Omni would sing on that amp.  So much power, it even imposes its will on the mighty HE-6.
 I have a feeling the Omni and HD800S would be an ideal 2 piece fleet for many head-fiers...
 Some of my finest musical memories involve listening to LPs and staring at album art...
^^^ That is exciting.  Is sourcing the same parts difficult?