Posts by ButtUglyJeff

My first Sony love, in what has to be a decade....   iPod Touch 4th gen -> HiFi-M8 -> MDR-Z7
  Well, I'm starting to see some of the revealing natures of the Z7.  I hit a recording that's, well, crappy.  Eric Clapton's "The Hand Jive".  Now I will say I don't agree with the statement that these Sony cans need hi-res music.  But I will say a bad quality recording will sound, well, bad.  Maybe extra bad...   I put on some Black Eyed Peas to hear more thumpy bass, and I'm feeling some rumble.  But I'm starting to feel these, though with bass presence, are not...
 I'm currently listening to the Sony MDR-Z7, and boy it has many of the dark characteristics that the HD650 does, while being a closed can.  I'm wondering if the new MDR-1A has similar characteristics of its big brother.  I would look into that headphone if it does....
 Better to ask forgiveness, then permission.... ...and tell her half the price you actually paid..... and get her drunk.....  How has my marriage lasted so long?
 I would like to go on the record to say I'm the first person to watch this Z7 unboxing video, listening to it with the Z7......lol I'm listening to my lappy with the Z7 now, and I feel they are being nicely driven.  Also, I'm liking the 1/8" plug.  The way it projects means it will nicely pass through most aftermarket cases.  So, high end DAP owners rejoice...
 Single ended power from the M8 is outstanding.  Its one of the few portables that don't need balanced cables to access all the power.  Balanced is only better control of impedance....
From my HiFi-M8 listening to Fleetwood Mac, and Paul Simon:   Hour #1 - I'm surprised at how light and cushy these things are.  I've been listening to the new Grado RS1e, and the Z7s are barely heavier.  Isolation is so far a B+ to A-, my kids are still able to irritate me with them on, but fairness dictates I listen to lower volumes then most.  This grade might go up.   The TH600 can only dream for presenting the mids the way the Z7s do.  If the Z7 is a "V" its a very...
  I'm starting to think only if you have a Z7 or X5..... Bit surprised its $999 and made in China.
 I'm starting to think the RS1e is a very special headphone at the price.  To be fair, 99% of my previous experience is with the "buttoned" RS1, but tonally I'm hard pressed to think one cannot enjoy these with rock or your more progressive jazz tracks.  My only other current Grado is my HF-2, and it has a more "distant" sound, and its less comfortable due to being heavier and having a narrower headband.  And portable lovers should love how it comes packed with 2m cable,...
 Geeze Louise..... I think I would skip the Studio Six, and just use the Hugo.  I don't even think Sony is expecting that level of gear to be used with their Z7.  Solid state all the way....