or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

If you're interested in the Musette, you can PM @zach915m here, or message him on his site.  He's a new Metrum Dealer, and hasn't updated his site yet (he has a lot going on now, and wants to do one large site update).  Also if you go to Metrum's site, you'll find him under their dealer listings... I listen to rock, jazz, big band, and acoustical stuff and I'm very satisfied with the Musette/LC natural sound.  I haven't tried any classical stuff yet, but I'm not concerned...
 The person is a very intelligent engineer, and has designed the amp topology for a very impressive amp on the market.  But the fact that he can try and refute Alex in such an unprofessional manor makes me discredit him and his findings.  True or not, he is far too emotional on the subject for me to assume he's introduced bias in his findings.  (I'm no Electrical Engineer, but I swear he was pointing to the phase splitter in his photos...)
 Yes, all Metrums are NOS.  I guess that lends to their unique sound.  I don't have much DAC experience, but I love what I hear.  Plus buying from Zach (@zach915m) of ZMF Headphones made the process fun and easy. The Hegel was also on my short list, but I just got super curious about the musical experience of non-oversampling...
 Its the 1/4" Kimber/Sony cable.  And I had it modded by @PETEREK for 4 pin XLR, and it can still do 1/4"  
 Metrum Musette   I'll add another suggestion...
 I listened to my HD650 on a GSX Mk2 and really enjoyed the presentation (far far more then an HD800).  But don't expect to have an entirely different headphones, just because you plug it into an elite amplifier...
 I kinda hope not.  I'd really like to hear some of @2359glenn impressions vs his next 300B amp.  It would help so many if he uses a reference headphone like the HD800...
 How's the pricing going to be on this one?  I know you spent a mint on Lundhal transformers...
 So many choices, many would be fine.  I like my HiFi-M8 with the Z7.  But I only listen on my desktop setup with the Z7 these days, and yes the Liquid Carbon drives them wonderfully. I say shop for the best sounding DAC you can afford, as I think source is more important then amplification with this particular headphone.  I'm super curious to hear this headphone with the Mojo.  It seems quite the ideal match.  Many here also use good DAPs with the Z7, and are quite happy...
 I doubt they are that similar.  My TH600s were so lacking in mids, and hotter in treble.  And the bass of the two were both equal in quantity, but have very different flavors....