or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

I'm hard pressed to think of a headphone that presents female vocals better then the HD650.  I was paying attention to the Focal Elears, as I kept hearing "super HD650s" thrown around.  But then I hear the counter that the HD650 still does mids better.   How can any headphone be called a "super HD650" without being spectacular with the mids is beyond me...
 Zach will recommend the Metrum Musette.  I'm not sure why.... Actually, so would I.  Its a great match to the LC.  Hopefully soon I'll be adding an Omni for myself as well....
There are tons of "premium" headphones that don't have the driving needs of the HD650.  Fostex, Hifiman, and Audeze have offerings that come to mind....
 Buy for you, not the jerk ball....
I don't enjoy my phone as a player because:   I hate getting notifications while enjoying music   Phones sometimes throw interference, especially if paired with portable DAC/amps   Multi tasking phones sometimes make music listening a choppy experience   Phones hate the gym   Phone battery is at a premium already   I'm sure I could think of more excuses for you to give to the Mrs to buy a new toy......
 Is it charging the iPhone like normal?  Have you tried a hard reset of the iPhone to see is the phone might be an issue?  Was there an IOS update that might be the cause?
 It depends on the design of the amplifier really.... For example, I have a Cavalli Liquid Carbon, which is a balanced amp.  It delivers twice the power in balanced operation, then it does in single ended.  Not all balanced amps operate like this.  But in my case balanced makes an immense difference.  There are amps that have XLR outputs more for convenience then anything else, but aren't truly balanced. I'd focus on finding an amp that sounds good, and not worry too much...
 Which variety of HiFi-M8 do you have?  It is the iDevice variety, correct?  You are switching the input switch, correct?
 I love how they are similar in size. I was scared away when I learned the EGD was USB powered.  Is that working fine for you?  Or have you added a USB powered hub or Schiit Wyrd or the likes to the chain?
 Is the Mojo really bringing that much to the table?  I really thought the AK300 would be fine on its own... Or is it more a flavor thing?