Posts by ButtUglyJeff

I use a Furman rack mount conditioner, for my bass guitar rig.  I don't know about its "conditioning" qualities, but its saved my butt many times at locations with questionable power supplies.....
I'm not saying the treble is harsh, just expect more quantity if going the Lawton direction.  You might be describing it better in saying its just more accurate.  Its a welcome switch from my MDR-Z7s and HD650s....
 Well, I have a level 2 Lawton, and I will say that I bet many wouldn't like the change.  The treble is strong with this one now.  And I've had to rethink the coloring of the amp I throw at these...
 And what headphones were you using?
 I can only speculate, that an HD800 should be driven in balanced mode, on the Liquid Carbon.  The nice thing is the LCD-XC included a balanced cable also, so that won't be an issue.  The Liquid Carbon is "moderately" powered, and even less so in single ended mode.  Now a Liquid Crimson would be a different story...
I wonder if everyone should save their judgements until Alex shares an image of the final case design?  Everything up to now has been a prototype at some level.   4 months of "Cavalli should do this, Cavalli should do that" could get quite old...
 Then don't read this part of head-fi..... http://www.head-fi.org/t/219202/its-done-power-cord-shoot-out-22-power-cords-reviewed
We should keep a tally of all the face palms Alex does reading this stuff....   ...could get quite high in 4 months.
You're well under the 500th unit.  I believe the first order number for Liquid Carbons was 396.  Granted there were people who ordered more then one......
 Well it would could be shorter then the Kimber option.  You could get a Silver Dragon in 5 feet, where the Kimber option is 2m.  Then the debate is between thinner silver vs. copper of more strands. I'm debating the same option, except I want 4 pin XLR for the new Cavalli Liquid Carbon.