or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

.   Well, lucky LC #7 checking in.  I had my first single ended listen experience the last few days, and I'm happy to report all that worrying I did about balanced only has dissolved away.  I think we all freaked in the early days, and balanced cabled everything.  Thou it was a good thing, it wasn't an absolute.  The Elears sounded great on low gain and would gladly tell anyone not to over worry about it.  I'd be lying if I didn't say I would like to go balanced, I just...
 Hifiman makes something: http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/products/he-adapter.html That was for back in the day when the HE-6 ruled the roost, and needed to be connected to speaker taps...
Is this the first time the pricing has been tiered base on which bit rate you choose?   I'm really enjoying this so far...
 There are no new Walkman in the wild yet.  Sony will just take the company line and say the 1A is an improvement over the ZX2.  You might need to wait till October to hear the truth on that...
Actually he came back saying it was higher. I'll look for the quote later...
I think the power of the two is closer then you might think. Where did Alex post the power specs of the final production numbers? Let me think about where that was...
I got a little at maybe the 10 - 20 hour mark, then it settled away. I can't say what internal components need "burn in", but it happened. But, it never turned me off of the DAC at any point...
I don't have personal experience with those two Chord products, other then the knowledge that they share identical DAC sections. I completely disagree with the 4 week burn in necessity. My Musette settled in nicely after about 30 or 40 hours of listening, and it wasn't any sort of harsh settling. I enjoyed listening through the process...
 Wow, that feels late.  Later then other parts of the world? edit - even the first of November seems late