Posts by ButtUglyJeff

...I'm on the wrong coast.
 Well, Amazon is currently at about $225, so the price is very good.  I'm sure everyone here will gladly tell you that they are great sounding.  The only question is do you want a coiled cable?
I keep hearing and seeing raido and tv commercials for some kind of mac and cheese.  And the old timey prospector keeps saying "get your own liquid gold".  And ever time I say, "Some day 49er, some day....."
 ...or a Windows 8 tablet.
  Yes I'm invested, but if there are any left there's the $599 Cavalli Liquid Carbon to take a good look at.  I'm excited about that one...
 I never thought the clamping force was an issue.  But you are far from to first to make that comment about the HD25 (and the DT1350, I have both).  I just tend to think the split headband is under utilized.  But I've always been far more sensitive to heavy headphones instead of strong clamping headbands... I have the Adidas Edition, which is about 4 or 5 years old.  Maybe it's softened up over the years...
 I'm more Amp before DAC.  I'm not trying to downplay the DAC (heck look at this thread).  But I think more people will be inclined to have multiple amps, before multiple DACs...
 Mike has forgotten more then I ever hope to know.  He's way ahead of that question.  The new Gungnir will be awesome, but it won't tread in the waters of the Yggy....
 I have a Slapp Hardbody Pro that does the trick, just need to slide the headband to the smallest position..
 I'm comfortable saying the Yggy is king, but I have my doubts that the Hugo is a clear step up above the Gungnir.  And when the Gungnir gets it's trickle down upgrade (juicy rumors are flying), I'll doubt the Hugo even more. The Hugo is fantastic in its realm of battery powered, transportable gear.  But then you think about the $2500 price tag (2 Cute is $1700ish), and not too sure of its sound value....