Posts by ButtUglyJeff

I think the specs on Sony USA are full of "misprints"...
If its not too much to ask, could someone try a slightly more demanding headphone with the effects app turned off?  I would love to know how the MDR-Z7 sounds directly from the ZX2...
Exactly, for IEMs just get a mini-M8.  Or go for a higher end DAP....   I'm getting quite excited by Sony's ZX2.  And since the ZX1 works with the M8, I don't see why the newer model wont. 
 Its often called the "IEM mod".  CEntrance just lowers the impedance/power to eliminate hiss for the more "delicate" phones that are prone to hiss with lots of power being thrown at them.  Something is lost for higher demanding headphones, so pick your poison. If you're interested, just contact CEntrance.  I believe there is a small fee...
I'm now suspecting the pot as well (not that I'm an electrical engineer).  My stock TH600 and now in its modded LA600 configuration never gave me any hiss either...
I don't have faith in JH Labs/Indigogo stuff.  They seem too "smoke and mirror", and choose to confuse the public with too many options and too many funding choices.  Then no guarantee you will get anything, or on the date promised.  Meanwhile, you don't have a new DAP to use and enjoy.   I say focus on the ZX2...
  I was one of the first to receive my headphones from Amazon.  Shipped Prime, and at the time there wasn't any third party options.  Box was perfect, package was perfect, and if I remember correctly the package was wrapped in a bag only.  No stickers for seals.
 And it sounds quite good too...
 It only weighs an ounce less then the old DX100.  And anybody who had one of those will attest to what a great rioting tool they would have been.....