or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

Play music, unplug headphones.  As per Alex.  I believe its in the pdf manual....
Boy I've really given my HD650 too long of a break.  I'm writing this while listening to them for the first time with the Liquid Carbon, and "Wow" is all I have to say.  Amy Winehouse really belted it, and really she should only be listened to with an HD650.  And is that a little sub bass I hear?  Thank you Mr LC for that nice touch...   Now onto Corinne Bailey Rea...
 I need a true desktop DAC.  I'm using the portable CLAS-db.  It's good for what it is, but something like a Gumby or DAC-19 would really be the bees knees.  Time to sell some stuff.... ...and maybe an organ or two.
 Agreed.  The LC took longer then planned.  Which will delay the launch of the new portable.  And there's still the high end stuff to continue with.  I bet Alex wants to, just might be too busy now to really develop the idea.  Though @warrenpchi did get a taste a a very rough prototype, correct?
 The Z7/LC combo has shown me the weakness of my DAC........
 It might be just a sidegrade, depending on what you're trying to enhance.  Nobody can tell you what your preferred sound signature.  I've heard my HD650 on a WA6-SE and it was a very pleasing experience.  (It also was with the LCD-2)
Well, I switched DACs from my HiFi-M8 to my CLAS-db (single ended) and its made the world of difference.  I'm about 40 hours in and my MDR-Z7 has never sounded better. Vocals have improved.  Bass has tightened to allow the sub bass to shine more.  And treble has become more "sparkly".   I can hear the limitations of portable DACs now and its time for something desktop.  I wonder if Alex's fake DAC is a little less fake?
 I thought Hifiman connected with 2.5 mm to the headphone?  Oops, I just saw @PETEREK 's post....
 I've got to say the Z7 and the Liquid Carbon are a great pair.  I can't see anyone complaining about the bass with this setup...
 Interesting.  How do you feed the LC from the PHA-3, from the single ended line out, or from the balanced headphone outs?