Posts by ButtUglyJeff

I have one of those for my CLAS db + RX Mk3B,  I should wrap up the M8 and see what its like...
 Keep in mind, you are talking about the DAC part of the chain.  Most think it has less importance, then let say the amp.  Many here will suggest, to budget minded folks, to spend your funds on the best amp possible, then look for a DAC upgrade later.  I'm one of those believers... I tend to rate importance: Source -> Headphones -> Amp -> DAC -> cables/interconnects I know audio is more complicated then this chain (which I'm sure others would argue), but it helps me temper...
 There are a few differences from the Amperior and HD25, but they do feed the cable along the same headband. And you always have the option of flipping the cups for larger cables, like the ones used on the HD580/600/650...
There's limited space it the headband.  Any cable much larger then the stock won't fit...
 You need to use a player app that shows bit rate.  Just go back a few pages and see what ExpatinJapan did with with FLAC player and the Camera Connection Kit.  Or maybe the in the HiFi M8 appreciation thread...
 But you can with the CCK on any IOS7 device, to the USB B port...
 Boy that seems to be quite a fair price considering the import options...
 Happy with mine, but I'm not sure if its the smattering of silver, or the balancing, has done the real improvement... I suspect its a bit of both...
I would suggest Brain @ BTG Audio too.  He's taken care of several headphone cables for me, and I love everyone of them.  I guess the only downfall is he's a one man operation, going to school too.  So the wait times tend to be long.  But a very good value, none the less...
^^^ Looks like it would nicely fit in a pocket