Posts by ButtUglyJeff

Does your Mac Mini have optical out through the 3.5 mm audio out?  If you do, optical is the way to go....
 Mr Speakers is.  I just don't know if Dan's going to be there or someone else...
 In that first prototype in Jude's video, was that dual balanced 3.5mm or just two 3.5mm standard jacks?
My HD650s are quite comfortable, and my Lawton modded TH600 are extremely easy on the ears.  But neither of them disappear on my head the way my Z7s do.  I wont promise the best comfort to you, but I'd certainly scratch my head if you complained about the Z7 hurting your head in anyway...
 I already have one.  That's why I'm going to use it.  I have aspirations for a Sony HAP-Z1ES, which is why I'm choosing this to continue using the CLAS-db, and letting my RxMk3-b go.  No extra spending now so I can have a music machine later...
 Yes, but that wisdom is not until August at best....
 The veil is there, when improperly amped.... I think that's where the "myth" of the veil began.
Did anyone mention the Music Hall DAC25-3 yet?   http://www.moon-audio.com/music-hall-dac25-3.html Moon Audion has it for $549 currently
 Did Amazon UK ship them, or was it 3rd party through Amazon?
 You can find your own nirvana for far less then what @MattTCG is describing.  He's been on the headphone journey for a very long time and just saw his "Shangri-La".  Please don't feel obligated to jump in the deep end on day number one.  There are outstanding headphones well under the flagships that are 4 figures, plus there's a vibrant used market here to take advantage of. .....and sorry for your wallet.