or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

Yes, the Dragonfly will be a fine stop gap, till you acquire a better DAC down the road.  Most likely for a "pseudo line out", you'll just run the Dragonfly at full volume. What headphone are you getting this amp for?
 The fixed cable is the one bummer I have with the DT1350.  I had to send mine to BTG Audio for a balanced recable.  I wouldn't suggest doing the same, as you are in doubt about the sound signature.  I'm 100% satisfied the DT1350 sound...
 The vibration is most likely (in my opinion) one of the fabric covers for the 4 bass ports.  They're just held in by being slipped on a couple of pins.  If one came free, I bet it would replicate the sound in the video.  I only asked if you may have opened up the headphone and nudged one of these covers loose.  But you didn't, so I would fault you for exchanging them...
  Did you by chance open up your Z7? The only reason I ask is I believe there is a very simple problem causing this, and very correctable...
 There's still some available on this 500 unit run, but not sure how long they will be available for... I bet in 6 months you'll see some units make their way to the for sale forum.  Just because...

You could be well below your budget with Brian at BTG Audio: http://www.btg-audio.com/ Or head-fier @cCasper TFG has a Etsy page for headphone mods and...
 I'm guessing if the DAC portion of this needs Bus power, then an iPad is out of the question.
 Odd it says bus-powered right on the product page....
 Bus-powered?