Posts by ButtUglyJeff

Its far from perfect, but I feel many can overlook its faults.  I have a hard time thinking of a headphone I want to do a marathon listening session with.  I put on a pair of LCD XCs yesterday, after having the Z7s on......ouch.
 I just head these yesterday.  I defy you to find a darker headphone.  Also a super comfy headphone....
 I just got some 1/2" Soundcoat in yesterday's mail.  That's my plan...
^^^ optical goes to 24/192
 I was at the NYC head-fi meet, and listened to several amps with my HD650s  My favorite was the Woo WA22, but I guess it should be for $2k.  But it was superior to the HeadAmp GS-X, which is close to double that price. I loved Schiit Mjolnir with the HD650, that is a very worthy step up, and far more budget friendly.  I would say very close to on par with the HeadAmp, at one forth the price.... My big amp disappointment was the Bottlehead Crack.......thats right the...
 That actually is a good sign usually....
I'm going as much to hear everybody's music, as well as their gear.....   ....I know that makes for bad gear analysis, but I'm going for fun.
 Its not that I want a headphone (well the HD800 eventually), I would just like to learn from others what they use and how they like the experience.  I have a Grado HF-2, HD650, MDR-Z7, and a Lawton modded TH600, and I'd like to know if they will play nice. The chicken or egg, get an HD800 and not really be able to drive it nicely, and wait on an amp.  Or, get the Sonett 2 (or something else) and enjoy the gear I have now, maybe a little more.....
I'm subscribing to this thread so I can educate myself on this amp for a hopeful 2015 purchase.   As I look through this thread, I'm not seeing many mentions of headphone variety being used with this amp.  I hope in the coming months people start chatting here about the different cans they are using, and the kind of experience they are having with them.   I know this is a go to for the HD800, but I hope I can enjoy this with other headphones too.  I can't afford to buy a...
^^^^ Agreed.   I love my Z7s, and I'll love them even more after my sheet of acoustic foam arrives next week....   I think my Lawton TH600s are superior sonically (they better be for twice the price), but I wouldn't want to do a marathon listening session with anything but these Sony cans....