Posts by ButtUglyJeff

Points?
 International sales seen to be very good for this headphone.  But that's only speculative.  I doubt that Sony would discontinue the Z7 as long as it sells well... ....now moving production out of Japan.  Well, that seems to be a greater possibility.
 Well, I never auditioned the Shure, but I did audition the Vibros and Blackwoods.  The Z7 are lighter, more comfortable, and isolate less then the ZMFs.  And that's no insult to the ZMF, there were not overweight, nor uncomfortable.  Its just the Z7 really might be the best headphone for marathon listening sessions.  The Vibro has more bass then the Z7, but loses a bit in the sub-bass region.  The Blackwood has about the same amount of bass as the Z7, and also loses a bit...
I'm really falling for the natural cherry finish Zach chose for the Omni.  The Blackwoods were really addicting, and the only thing keeping me from chasing a pair was simply that I already had fun closed headphones.  Now with a more open design, well lets just say I'm out of excuses...   Anyways thanks Zach, I just emailed to get on the tour.   Oh, and a question about weight.  Do these by chance weigh more or less then the Vibros or Blackwoods?  The pillow like...
  Those are fighting words!!!! ......kidding, kidding......
 I'm so confused by the HE1k that I never know how to read amp impressions when the HiFiman is the pairing..... I hear gushing about that headphone paired with all kinds of amps.  And then there's the vocal minority that dislike the HE1k regardless of pairing.  I'm assuming most of those are just hating on the price tag, or law of diminishing returns.....  Isn't it great there are so many options to amp our lovely HD650s these days.  BTW, I'm still in on the Cavalli...
 At $1100, I think I'd rather go for the Eddie Current Black Widow at around $1250, the hand wired solid state amp.  Or maybe a Glenn Studio custom OTL, which can be fine tuned to have more "solid state" qualities.... ....But I really had the jones for the DNA Stratus 2 also with some "solid state" qualities.  But sadly Donald no longer produces that amp, in favor of his flagship, the Stratus.
This looks awesome Zach.  Since I don't qualify for the tour, I hope we will both be in an NYC head-fi meet this fall so I can have a listen...   Is the lighter ear cup cherry, and darker walnut?
 Ember or Ember 2?
Don't ask us to talk you out of it, because you should have it....