or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

To be fair, I didn't get to try the Cypher cable/DAC and I think it would have improved.  I was even trying to figure out if they could be direct wired into the DT1350, but I haven't seen any intell out on the interwebs...
 You should try the Elear too then.  Its like an HD650 that kicks you in the junk...
 You love your setup.  Stop listening to us audio-fools. But man the HD650 scales to infinity I swear.  My HD650s sounded so epic on the GSX Mk2, WA5, and WA22, and I've been thinking more and more about doing a 2 year save up for an end game amp like the Zana Deux Super...
 Boy I don't think you should let either go, especially when your new DAC and amp arrive.  Even if the HD800S becomes your primary headphone, it will still be nice to hit the reset button with the HD650 from time to time...
 Yeah these headphones do respond well to a little clean amplification.  I actually preferred them to the Audeze Sine, especially when amped...
 I do think Eddie Current stuff in general would be end game for most, and I'd love a Zana Deux Super myself and call it done.  But maybe also consider the Violectric V281, or the Cavalli Liquid Gold on the solid state end of things... And don't forget your end game DAC. But I do love my Liquid Carbon. I just don't consider it "elite"; just very good for the $599 I paid for it...
 Not much more, I think Alex stated somewhere it flirted with a peak of 3 watts.  But its the flavor of the amp that most folks around here prefer....
 You know this is Manhattan.  Your only time outside is up the subway stairs and walking the 50 steps inside...
 Well the Headroom Standard Amp is more powerful.  The one impression I read (not here), and it was a prototype, was a positive one.  And he was using a modded HE-6... So this amp should handle any headphone you throw at it.  I don't think you say that with any Magni... But I'm not going to be an early adopter of this one, I'll let the reviews come in.
 Well imagine your HD600 and X2 had a love child...