Posts by ButtUglyJeff

I was going to say the T5p, instead of the T1, but its good to know I'm in the general region of someone else.  The T1's soundstage makes it too far away from the DT1350 for my ears.  I love my DT1350, but that is one area where it lacks....
 I agree with HemiSam.  The HD650's smoothness lends itself well to "questionable" recordings. The Z7 extends further in treble and bass, and has a better bass kick.  But it is a bit choppy through the frequency ranges.  And it might be my worse headphone with bad recordings.  It obviously isolates where the HD650 does not, but that doesn't stop it from having lovely soundstage.  I would consider the HD650 warmer, but not by much. If you were searching for a headphone that...
 The HD650 is more forgiving with less then stellar recordings.  I think its because of the smoothness of the HD650.  The HD25 is the same way... ....of course $400 also buys a lot of well mastered music too.
The Schiit Mjolnir is another great solid state solution for the HD650, and at $749 which seem not too over the top, in price.  And as portable solutions go, I will gladly put the CEntrance HiFi-M8 against all comers.  In my one instance against the Bottlehead Crack, I preferred my M8...
Is there any kind of "hard reset" that can be done on the M8?
 Audition the ZMF Blackwoods if you get a chance.  I can't see an HD650 lover not enjoying this closed headphone....
 Which LCD-2 was it?  I found the rev 2 to be a very pleasant listen with enjoyable soundstage and superior treble response, while keeping a very dark signature...
 Are those reissues?  And where did you get them?  Nice to rock old school sometimes....
 I encourage you to audition the HD800s again, with a proper tube setup...
I listen to the Z7 out of the M8, but single ended only so far.  I don't have a 4 pin XLR cable for mine yet.  It drives the the Z7 great in single ended...