Posts by ButtUglyJeff

Little off topic, but are you a Z7 owner that order an LC too?  I'm hoping I'm not the only one wanting this amp to help the Sony headphone shine....
 If I were going for an LCD-2, and being an HD650 lover, I'd try and find a bamboo Rev 2.  The Rev 2 is the most lush of all the variations, and bamboo shaves a few precious grams off the weight off of the heavy LCDs....
Well, what's the point of having a balanced DAC if you're going to go single ended.  Might as well save a few bucks and buy the CLAS-r instead then....
 That's going to be my pairing.  Alex uses one for his amp work, and I enjoy the Cypher Labs house sound.  The only bummer is the RSA to dual XLR cable that will be needed.  An awkward interconnect at best. I wish Cypher Labs would make a small desktop DAC...
 It's more important to be a good DAC, then a balanced DAC....
 Does your Mac Mini have optical out through the 3.5 mm audio out?  If you do, optical is the way to go....
 Mr Speakers is.  I just don't know if Dan's going to be there or someone else...
 In that first prototype in Jude's video, was that dual balanced 3.5mm or just two 3.5mm standard jacks?
My HD650s are quite comfortable, and my Lawton modded TH600 are extremely easy on the ears.  But neither of them disappear on my head the way my Z7s do.  I wont promise the best comfort to you, but I'd certainly scratch my head if you complained about the Z7 hurting your head in anyway...
 I already have one.  That's why I'm going to use it.  I have aspirations for a Sony HAP-Z1ES, which is why I'm choosing this to continue using the CLAS-db, and letting my RxMk3-b go.  No extra spending now so I can have a music machine later...