or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

Very cool news, thanks. Is Greece a yearly trip for you?  I swear I remember reading here something about you being there before.  Is that when this thread gets flooded with food pics?
I was going to question the source of the two graphs.  Different sources usually means different equipment, which means different results. That, in of itself, doesn't mean one is correct and another incorrect.  It just means one should compare results for common testing methods.  But as @castleofargh said I don't want a "graph war", as I'm poorly equipped to participate in one...   I'm no golden ears, but I still trust what I hear.  At least when I'm home in my...
 I can't explain why those 2 graphs are so similar, but listening to the 2 headphones back to back you can definitely confirm the strength of bass the Z7 has over the HD650.  But something like the TH600 has even more, or at least its more obvious due to the complete lack of mid presence.  Which may prove a little theory of mine.  Maybe the dip in mids is what make the bass more present?  The ears can't hear more of everything.  But I'm sure that's a topic for...
Glenn, with Khragon's amp almost complete, does that mean you are going to work on the EL3N amp project?  Or are you still waiting on parts?
  I listen to the same genres as you, and my complimentary headphone to my HD650 is the MDR-Z7.  It definitely cures my bass cravings my HD650 can't provide.  And it wouldn't require the upgrade of the chain that the HD650 most likely could use. But with that said, I just added a Metrum Musette to my chain, and it really has breathed new vigor in to both of my headphones.  I'm now a believer in focusing on source, and not just amp and transducers...
 The order Zach placed, for my Musette, also included an order for a Pavane.  Now that Head-fier is in for a serious treat...
My Metrum Musette arrived Friday, and tonight I'm going to give my Musette/Liquid Carbon/HD650 system its first go.  I'm excited to give the system its first listen....
 I've been looking into raspberry pi with a SPDIF hat and external power supply as a dedicated music computer.  Its supposed to be low ground noise over typical USB.  Might be an alternative...
Yes @zach915m (ZMF Headphones) is an authorized dealer, and he's the one I got mine from.  Can't recommend sending him a PM enough.  He just hasn't updated his web site yet to reflect his Metrum offerings yet...
^^^   I'm having the same issue.  I just received my Musette Friday, and I'm drawn to my headphones more and more.  The Musette is small, just not Liquid Carbon small.  And I got to say Cavalli and Metrum should be an automatic consideration of amp to DAC.   If Warren announces some sort of "send your LC in for an upgrade" program.  Its going to be hard to break this pairing up....