Posts by ButtUglyJeff

I don't think he's questioning the power of his Hugo.  I think he's just looking to add more bass to the equation.  Do you think the ALO amp will color the sound to give more bass?
 From my best estimate, I'm going with the very official term "barely".  I believe there is a very small boost in a small frequency range, and turning the knob shifts the frequency range, not the volume of "boost"... With that said, I really do enjoy it.  It just a bit of an adjustment, that I like when I switch genres.  And my TH600 do benefit from it...
 Let us know how battery life is.  I've been interested in this device for quite some time.  Thanks for the impressions...
 The bass knob isn't a bass boosting knob.  It's more like a bass tweek.  I am running with the opinion that what is happening is with the bass on, you are adding a small hump, and turning said knob shifts that small hump up and down the bass frequencies....
^^^ I'm ashamed of myself for not thinking of using those silly bracelets for my portable stacks.  I find those little sillybands all over the house.  Good job thinking outside the box...
 Also check out BTG Audio.  Outstanding bang for the buck....
 Anything Audeze puts out is far more economical...
 I'm curious as to which LCD-2 you purchased?  I would love to audition a rev 2, then listen to a new one with that "fazor" technology implemented.
 I believe all Audeze headphones include a 4 pin XLR cable.  If so, then why not let that be your deciding factor...
 Those are fine "budget" amps, but they don't have the push of the Rx Mk3.  Its quite impressive what this amp does with headphones that don't need that much power "on paper".  My TH600s should only need the power of the amps you listed, but these cans really open up with this ALO amp...