Posts by ButtUglyJeff

Oh, so those 6 screws come out, and that releases the driver from the cup?  Got it... I'm looking at thin sheets of self stick acoustic foam, maybe 1/4" (or 1/2"?) thick.  Is that the kind of thing you would put on the inside of the cup?
 Great video.  You said you took the cup off, to see its hollow.  Could you cover how that's done?
 Well the stock cable has a threaded sleeve to lock on to the headphone.  Not sure how necessary that actually is...
 I'm far from certain on the material, that's why I asked.  I thought I saw something with close up pics and a caption with the wire material....
  It does digital to the new PHA-3 and to the new MDR-1ADAC, but anything else is still a mystery to me...
 Has anyone verified the wire type of the Kimber upgrade cables?  I thought I read silver coated OFC?
 Look under the PHA-3 and MDR-Z7
 Just Price Japan so far....
Yes, I'd like to see one apart, other then my own.....
Quality recordings > Headphone > Amp > DAC > cables/power supply   But that doesn't mean the right pairing of cable to headphone doesn't provide a benefit to the audio experience.  Just that if you are under budget constraints, your return on investment might be greater focusing on other parts of the chain...