Posts by ButtUglyJeff

I'll throw my HiFi-M8 in the mix on this one.  Same price as a Crack, includes a DAC..... (I don't actually think its superior, but that doesn't mean it still ain't awesome-sauce....)
  That's exciting news.  I'm last in line for this round of auditions, and 8 weeks from now I'll be sending my TH600s to Mark Lawton.  Might these show up in time to help fill the emotional void? Exciting news indeed....
  Does Schiit Audio ship to Saudi Arabia?  That's where I'd start....
Well, after some more communication with Mark Lawton, with his suggestions, I decided on quilted maple for my new ear cups:     It'll be interesting when Mark's new site goes live.  He'll have 5 groups of woods, based on list/questions of listening habits and sound expectations.  Mark is absolutely on board with wood species, and its effect on sound....
 Funny, but there is a certain range of bass that seems to kick me in the ear drum.  Not sure if its upper bass or mid bass, but I feel it when listening to some pop songs...
  I'm a cable upgrade guy, and I did hear a very small improvement, with my HD650s.  But with that said, I will always tell someone to focus on quality recordings, source, amp, and DAC first, before investing in a cable upgrade...
I've been communicating with Mark Lawton, in regards to having done what hifimiami also had done.  Mark sent me some photos, so I thought I'd share them here:           He says he has over 20 species he works with, and I'm in sensory overload deciding on a species....
  I enjoy burning in headphones on my head... With that said, I love my ALO Rx Mk3 b paired with my DT1350s.  And my HiFi M8 is a very good DAC/AMP combo...
 How long have you had them for? I just reached out to Lawton, asking about availability for the TH-600, and prices.  Its safe to assume you consider it money well spent?
  Try moving the cups back on the ear, and maybe opening up the headbands.  That should get the bass you are missing...