Posts by ButtUglyJeff

What number are you?
  I want to go to a head-fi meet in the worst way.  One reason is to try the Mk3 with orthos.  I want to also see its potential....
 I have 4 headphones with SPC from BTG Audio.  Some benefit more then others.  My HD25 had a drastic improvement, and my TH600 barely seemed different...
 I tend to believe that better amps get more out of better cabling....
 I'm a fan of silver plated copper, but I will agree that an amp with more authority will give you more improvement for the buck.  There is a difference between "adequately" and "with authority"...
 I don't think he's questioning the power of his Hugo.  I think he's just looking to add more bass to the equation.  Do you think the ALO amp will color the sound to give more bass?
 From my best estimate, I'm going with the very official term "barely".  I believe there is a very small boost in a small frequency range, and turning the knob shifts the frequency range, not the volume of "boost"... With that said, I really do enjoy it.  It just a bit of an adjustment, that I like when I switch genres.  And my TH600 do benefit from it...
 Let us know how battery life is.  I've been interested in this device for quite some time.  Thanks for the impressions...
 The bass knob isn't a bass boosting knob.  It's more like a bass tweek.  I am running with the opinion that what is happening is with the bass on, you are adding a small hump, and turning said knob shifts that small hump up and down the bass frequencies....
^^^ I'm ashamed of myself for not thinking of using those silly bracelets for my portable stacks.  I find those little sillybands all over the house.  Good job thinking outside the box...