Posts by ButtUglyJeff

If a balanced DAC is well designed/built, the RCA outputs should be no slouch.  Shop the sound, not the design...
 The Liquid Carbon is a superior amp to the HiFi-M8.  But that isn't saying the M8 doesn't have its purpose.  Oddly the M8 is less quiet background then the LC.  One would think being battery powered, would lend itself to the opposite. Before getting my Musette, I used my M8 as a DAC for my LC by using it at low gain at 95% volume with nice results. I've just learned that good desktop stuff is always superior to good portable stuff, and that's no knock on the M8...
 I thought that was when there was 2 headphones plugged in?
 Yeah, that doesn't fly anymore either.  I now get, "Yeah, well how much is shipping?!?!?!?!?!?"
  Nice shout out to Zach early in the video...
 Geeze that makes the Violectric V281 look like a pansy...
 I think Custom Cans in the UK sells the cable, plus they make cables for the HD600/650...
 Well, the Jotunheim is a more precise amp, then the LC. Its also more forward, with less rolled off edges.  But I'm not sold on flat out "superior".  The Jot was awesome with my HD650s and MDR-Z7.  But not with the Focal Elears.  And I suspect an HD800 (any variant) owner would prefer the LC by leaps and bounds.  But that is speculative, and everyone's taste is different. Now planars would be an interesting amp shootout.  I think both amp would drive most planars quite...
To be fair, the biggest warranty issue was the original power supply.  The second run guys have an improved power supply, right out of the gate...
 Where is the preorder listed?  Or was that an RMAF thing?