or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

Don't get excited.  From Walkman Blog: "Update: looks like that figure might be way too low, according to a user in the comments, the headphones may cost around 3000 USD, the Walkman 2000-3000 USD and the DAC up to 3000USD.  If these figures are correct then this will be easily the most expensive Walkman set up to date and out of range of the average Walkman audiophile."
  Except one is coming up, and the other is going away...
 Interesting.  The numbers out for balanced are similar weather its being fed single ended or balanced.  Very interesting indeed...
I'm not sure if the "Z9" excites me or not.  I love the Z7, because of what it does as a closed headphone.  (Well, mostly closed)
 Successor or open alternative?
 I don't think so, but I'd still prefer a properly amped HE6 then an HD800.
 Just listen to whatever your avatar is, and be happy when it shows...
 Yes, both RCA and the 1/8" input both go through the phase splitter.  I used the 1/8" input with my CLAS db for many months till I finally got off my butt and got a Musette, which uses RCA...
  Interesting find on the tubes.  I'll be curious on more opinions on the Z7 mids, as you spend more time wit them.  The HD650 is still "mids king" to me as well...
 Just remember there's a second cable in the box.  If budget is an issue, they could reterminated and shortened a bit too, if need be.... But without starting a cable war, I heard a noticed improvement when I went to the Kimber.  And keep in mind there are many other aftermarket options available too.