or Connect

Posts by ButtUglyJeff

I believe clean even current is more important.  A nice smooth 5 volts...
 I'd try the USB port that you know is directly attached to the motherboard first.  Usually there a "best" USB, then the rest.  Or better yet, test the voltages of each port, then use the best one...
 Did you notice the kind of headphones in the photo? Might answer your question. I'm sure he has some awesome in ears to use the AK380 all by itself....
......I know.  Alex should be getting the volume pots this week.  Or they at least should ship to him this week.
 I wouldn't worry.  I doubt the Magni has what it takes to overpower the HD650.  You would have heard distortion almost immediately.
 Very sweet.  Did Glenn give you a dynamic range on that baby?  Is it high impedance only or can you run Grados and the like?
That is a @2359glenn creation.  I'm curious about the tube compliment in that OTL....
 Try sliding the ear cups back on your ears, maybe half an inch or so.  That seems to be the general "sweet spot" for best listening.  Also try spreading out the head band a bit.  For me that leads to a better seal around the pads...
 The RX Mk3 B and Rx Mk3 B+.  Both are discontinued, but there might be a couple B+ available from ALO...
^^^ Basically use the DAC's best output.  If the new Gungnir is best out of the balanced output, then by all means use that....