Posts by polandro

Sounds like a good plan Zorander, I just need to source everything in one place (in the UK) and find a helpful soul willing to do the soldering or get a lot of practice in...
Quote: Originally Posted by BushGuy I don't know how many times I've posted the correct copper-cored cable to use with HD25-1 (at least 4x will turn up if the search function is used).......but here it is again SENNHEISER 515640 ERSATZKABEL - U.K. International Cyberstore No matter what - you'll have to put on the mini-plug, if that is what you require. SennheiserUSA does not handle, nor will they accept an order for this cable which is sold on...
OK what about (for example): HD414 Classic (3.5mm jack 3m OFC) Cable - it's about the same price as a hd600 cable. 1. Will it fit onto HD25? 2. Is it any good?
I read through, well possibly skimmed, the HD25 Appreciation Thread and saw that the HD650 and HD600 cables are recommended for recabling the HD25. I want to end up with a better + longer cable with a 3.5mm plug at the end to use with my Karma/Hornet. I found replacement cables at Strachan Electronics Sennheiser Headphone Cables, Leads and Adapters and wondered if any of the others there would be more suitable. Is there any way of telling which cables for other...
Quote: Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT My Rio Karma HD died a year ago after continuous use. The sound quality was very good. Background hiss was practically non existent. However, I could hear the HD revving through my headphones. Put a 32gb compactflash card into it - no HD noise + 12gb extra space....
Up to 32gb cf on the Rio Karma: Has any one removed the HDD and used Flash Memory? on the karma? - Riovolution Vibez uses a 1" Cornice (now defunct, sued by Seagate) drive incompatible with CF/Microdrive see Riovolution Vibez forum
Quote: Originally Posted by RubenNYC Voted vibez, though I've never heard the other two. After owning a Karma for 3.5 years, nothing else satisfies. Duh obviously... ...what other choice is there
China Mieville - Perdido Street Station, The Scar, etc are worth looking at...
You guys thought you had it bad, a pair went for £56.50 on ebay.co.uk! That's $98.27 according to xe.com with $26 shipping
The Culture Show on BBC2 (UK) now has an interview with Scott Walker...