or Connect

Posts by Aero Dynamik

I had the K3003 well over a year and most of the time I used it and preferred it with the "High boost" filters. I really don't see the point in trying to turn the DN-2000J into a K3003 with reference filters (except maybe for financial reasons), if that is indeed what you're trying to accomplish? Why not simply keep your K3003 and use the classifieds for the DN-2000J? Or, do you prefer the DN-2000J over the K3003 (with reference filters) except for the treble? Yes, the...
Just out of curiosity; why do you want to go balanced? Does it really improve SQ, or do you expect interference from powerful radio signals and/or strong electrical currents running in parallel with the audio cable? My own small attempts in this field has led me absolutely nowhere. I'm not saying there's nothing to be gained and my hearing isn't perfect so... Anyway, if you care to elaborate I'd be an interested reader!
Try james444's blu-tack mod. Decrease the volume. Yes, even more! Go as low as you possibly can without loosing detail. Allow yourself to get used to low volume. Take your time. Relax. Try 100 hours of burn in (brain and hardware) Try different tips (for example these T-500 comply foam tips) Check the output impedance of your source. Preferably below 1 Ohm or so. Make sure your recordings have a decent master/mix and not too much dynamic range compression. Good luck, and...
I'm sort of doubtful whether your more than benign interpretation of H20Fidelity's urin metafor is shared by the author, hm... Anyway, it's one of many statements that I feel rather excessively rejects the treble (or treble related) of the the DN-2000J, and that's OK with me. I'm just trying to be a voice on the other end to hopefully balance things up to make sure (or at least try to make sure) people aren't too put off to give this absolutely marvelous IEM a fair chance,...
FWIW to those reading this thread trying to figure out whether the DN-2000J is for them or not, I still find H20Fidelity’s statement (among some other statements) to be an unwarranted excess; unbalanced and unfair to the DN-2000J.I never made it a secret I was initially ambivalent about the treble and I'm still careful to point out that it may not be to everyone's liking. Personally and most of the time I think it’s absolutely brilliant. Being ambivalent about something...
Yes, unfortunately reading some of the posts in this thread could lead you to the impression that the DN-2000J is a treble monster when it's far, far from. For example, just take a look at these quotes: shotgunshane"The treble. What the bloody hell?""(---) the overall brightness level is (---) unrealistically high" Idsynchrono_24"it's pretty damned bright" H20Fidelity"What good is the grand size swimming pool if the water has been contaminated with urine?" I find such...
Thanks and you're welcome!  I started to play the violin at the age of 9. I aspired to become a professional until the age of about 22 when serious back pain - caused by practicing the violin in the wrong way - put an end to it. I didn't play for 30 years but when my then eight year old daughter (now nine) started to take lessons I felt the urge to play again. There's nothing more satisfying that playing or at least trying to play the violin and I guess that goes for any...
Oh yes, I agree with that too! The DN-2000J isn't neutral, and neutral hasn't been the aim of DUNU. Instead they have tried to achieve a ridiculously affordable TOTL phone and succeeded in doing so! Calling it flawed (as I believe someone did) or overly bright and other such nonsense is IMO just plain ridiculous, or the words of someone with little or no experience. I'd say the treble is absolutely excellent, but it isn't a soft drink, and it may not be the perfect match...
Very good point there and one that's easily missed! I definitely get the best results from my ODAC/O2 rig (0.54 ohms), and of course a really decent mix & master is a must too. So from now on when you call the DN-2000J bright, please let us know your source and recordings! When I assess the sound of an IEM I try not to base it on the sound of other IEMs I've heard so much. Instead, - especially as any IEM can become "reference" if you listen to it long enough - I try to...
I have no idea, then again there's basically no treble that needs to be tamed, so its basically a non problem. OK, I did find the treble a bit, no a tad strident in the beginning but after some burn in (brain and/or hardware + recommended by DUNU's engineers), james444's blu-tack mod, the red extensions rings and the white stock silicone tips it's near perfect. In all honesty, the DN-2000J can't be described as bright and for the most part sibilance (and brightness) is...