or Connect

Posts by Aero Dynamik

Yes, I guess it very well could! Enjoy it while you can, and take care of your hearing. I didn't!  
I believe you! I'd never even consider a laptop output with any of my IEMs. Think I've tried once or twice (a three year old DELL latitude) and it was just hissing inferno. Very close to unbearable!Anyway, my post was in response to differences between various compression levels of MP3 files, or so I thought!?  I truly believe only a handful of people on this planet would be able to tell the difference between 160 kbps VBR AAC files and a lossless files, and they would all...
Not all (for example), mind you! This thread isn't massive so I recommend reading it before making any purchase decisions. I really don't think the DN-2000J is for everyone, but if it meets your basic sound signature preferences I think it's mind-blowingly-awesome!  
If you listen for a particular difference, chances are very good you'll hear it, but I'm convinced its all then in your head. A blind test (which is basically impossible to conduct in a safe way) is the only reliable way to tell whether there's a difference or not. Did you try the Philips Golden Ears MP3 artifacts challenge? If so, did you nail it immediately, or did you have to practice first? If you haven't done it I recommend it. It's quite entertaining! Well, can't...
a) I think that sounds a bit expensive. I'd recommend "Lend Me UR ears" (Singapore, I believe). They have them for USD 330.36 which includes Express shipping to many European countries. Got my Fidue A83 from them and it was 100 % fuss free. (4 working days to Sweden, and the way they handled customs and tax was rather shrewd). b) Go for it if you believe it has the signature you'd like/prefer. That provided, it's just a stellar phone, and even though the newly advertised...
I should add that I now settle for approx. 200 kbps (VBR) on all of my compressed aac files. In the "Golden Ears Challenge" mentioned in my previous post it took 100 % of my focus to learn how to hear the difference between 128 kbps and 160 kbps. What's funny is that I preferred the sound of the 128 kbps file which I found a very tiny bit crisper/clearer. So, from that experience I just concluded that I would most likely never be able to tell the difference between 160...
I'd never be able to tell the difference. I even had a really hard time passing the "MP3 artefacts" challenge on the "Silver Ears" level of Philips' Golden Ears challenge. After having passed that test I made up my mind never to waste memory again.
Yes, a desktop amp/dac is convenient. I have it too (Objective DAC/O2) but as far as improved SQ it doesn't do much for me. It's more matter of very slight differences. SQ wise I'd be more than happy with my FiiO X3 2nd gen. or my iPod Touch gen. 4. Comparing descent sources is in my experience mostly just a matter of sightly different sound characteristics and what we prefer we tend to label as "better". So, in my opinion the most affordable and efficient way to improve...
Sorry if I bore you 1TrickPony (or anyone else). It's certainly not my intention. Reasoning about the differences between the DN2KJ and other phones and the DN2K in particular is simply my rather heavy-handed way of trying to get a better understanding of the workings of IEMs. I realize others may find it useless or boring, but hopefully one or two may find it interesting as well (although not guaranteed). Anyway, if you don't care much for what I have to say you can...
Couldn't agree more! I don't have the HD 800 myself, but it's obvious to me that DUNU's engineers have used reference recordings while tuning DN-2000J. With the "wrong" recording the DN2KJ can sound pretty bad. For example, an inherently sibilant recording can become quite unbearable whereas a reference recording can sound like nothing else. This track I can't quite stand with the DN2KJ (listen from 7:10) . It simply becomes a sibilant inferno (although divine music!)....