or Connect

Posts by Aero Dynamik

FWIW to those reading this thread trying to figure out whether the DN-2000J is for them or not, I still find H20Fidelity’s statement (among some other statements) to be an unwarranted excess; unbalanced and unfair to the DN-2000J.I never made it a secret I was initially ambivalent about the treble and I'm still careful to point out that it may not be to everyone's liking. Personally and most of the time I think it’s absolutely brilliant. Being ambivalent about something...
Yes, unfortunately reading some of the posts in this thread could lead you to the impression that the DN-2000J is a treble monster when it's far, far from. For example, just take a look at these quotes: shotgunshane"The treble. What the bloody hell?""(---) the overall brightness level is (---) unrealistically high" Idsynchrono_24"it's pretty damned bright" H20Fidelity"What good is the grand size swimming pool if the water has been contaminated with urine?" I find such...
Thanks and you're welcome!  I started to play the violin at the age of 9. I aspired to become a professional until the age of about 22 when serious back pain - caused by practicing the violin in the wrong way - put an end to it. I didn't play for 30 years but when my then eight year old daughter (now nine) started to take lessons I felt the urge to play again. There's nothing more satisfying that playing or at least trying to play the violin and I guess that goes for any...
Oh yes, I agree with that too! The DN-2000J isn't neutral, and neutral hasn't been the aim of DUNU. Instead they have tried to achieve a ridiculously affordable TOTL phone and succeeded in doing so! Calling it flawed (as I believe someone did) or overly bright and other such nonsense is IMO just plain ridiculous, or the words of someone with little or no experience. I'd say the treble is absolutely excellent, but it isn't a soft drink, and it may not be the perfect match...
Very good point there and one that's easily missed! I definitely get the best results from my ODAC/O2 rig (0.54 ohms), and of course a really decent mix & master is a must too. So from now on when you call the DN-2000J bright, please let us know your source and recordings! When I assess the sound of an IEM I try not to base it on the sound of other IEMs I've heard so much. Instead, - especially as any IEM can become "reference" if you listen to it long enough - I try to...
I have no idea, then again there's basically no treble that needs to be tamed, so its basically a non problem. OK, I did find the treble a bit, no a tad strident in the beginning but after some burn in (brain and/or hardware + recommended by DUNU's engineers), james444's blu-tack mod, the red extensions rings and the white stock silicone tips it's near perfect. In all honesty, the DN-2000J can't be described as bright and for the most part sibilance (and brightness) is...
Reserved...
I found this topic pretty interesting and wanted to share it. I always felt a bit smarter and quicker after having listened to music and especially after having played my violin (I make a living as a system developer) and now it has been scientifically proven!  Enjoy!   Oh, and please share your thoughts and experiences about this!    
I must say I'm sort of puzzled by the constant discussion about the too hot/too bright treble. I really feel it goes a bit to the limit. With some burn in (brain and/or hardware), james444's blu-tack mod, the red extension rings, and the white silicone tips I'm as happy with the treble as I am with the rest of the gamuts. As a matter of fact I appreciate the treble enormously and the DN-2000J wouldn't be what it is without it.   I certainly know that how we perceive...
Looks like you need a dosage of Dr. james444's Blu-Tack mod!