Posts by Aero Dynamik

The ODAC/O2 looks very interesting! What about hiss with the 334? Thanks!
Well I’m definitely not saying CIEMs are a bad thing by definition, but considering all CIEM hype that’s been going on for such a long time I think some counterweight is beneficial. Based on my personal experience I believe UIEMs would be the best solution for most people, also considering a substantially higher resale value. Conversely, for those having trouble with UIEMs for one or another reason or suspect they don’t get the best possible sound because of their anatomy...
Well that's a good point well worth to consider. I have no experience of silicone CIEMs myself, but I would expect them to be better in this respect. However, wise from many funny conclusions I've made about sound gear in the past  I wouldn't make the investment without some additional research...
I have definitely considered giving it another try, but I really think human ear canals are superior when it comes to transporting sound waves in the most natural/organic way. Anyway, that is my experience from comparing my EarSonics EM6 CIEM with my TOTL UIEMs (334, K3003, ER-4S) so I've decided not to go there again. I've had two pairs of CIEMs and this is how I would summarize my experience.Comfort, sound and isolation of CIEMs (at least in my experience) depend on the...
Sounds like it's time to move up from my iPhone 4S, which has a cracked display anyway. Thanks!
Your post definitely confirms my experience with the 334. The first 10 month it was basically “big, lazy bass, very thick mid and dark treble” for me as well. Once I got the right tips (Sennheiser CX300 medium stock tips), the right shallow insertion depth without any kind of vacuum/underpressure - It’s amazing to hear the very dramatic difference in sound inserting it just one millimetre deeper or shallower - , and the right insertion angle it changed my perception of it...
X2. Seems like a much better advice than mine! 
Hm... Perhaps try to picture some walls, and if you can hear any sound bouncing back. Imagine the extremes first. Reverberation in a typical European stone church is extreme. Reverberation outdoors is... extremely non-existent...  Good luck!
 Well, this thread is about the 334, but anyway for those interested here is james444's post comparing the "AKG K3003" and the "Tralucent 1plus2.".
If you're happy with your iPod I say stick with it. At low to normal listening volume levels the difference in sound between your iPod and my preferred full blown portable rig "CLAS -dB" + Portaphile 627" is far from revolutional. Now, my only reservation is that I haven't personally heard the generation 6 of the iPod (nor have I heard the SE846), but I do have a generation 5.5 iPod, the Classic (generation 7), Touch generation 4, and Nano generation 3. If your interested...