Posts by Aero Dynamik

Can you provide a link to the "FMJ tips"? Anything in this repsect is worth investigating. Thanks!
Yes, that certainly sounds ideal to me as well! Don't forget to keep us posted of any breakthroughs in this respect! Good to know I'm not the only "nut" around! 
I think I can hear it too, but I suspect my own hearing (FitEar ToGo 334 + CEntrance DACport)... despite passing "Golden Ears". Why not drop an e-mail to them (there's an e-mail address on the "Golden Ears" site) and ask them about it?
I do suffer from this myself, so if you could tell me more specifically about what software you use I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Well, well, well, I cannot but agree with you. I do (sort of) get the “best sound” from the medium black stock tips. I felt – in a positive sense – provoked by your post(s) so I dug out the stock tips and went over them again. However, I also found out why the black stock tips have been, and still are unsatisfactory to me.I do agree with you that it must be desirable to use ear tips with a bore size of 5.5 mm - the diameter of the 334’s nozzle - so as not to obstruct the...
Definitely yes! However, even with a shallow fit – in my personal experience - the stock tips come nowhere near being able to expose the 334’s full potential. I’m now assessing the Ortofon tips and I’m not quite done with it, but so far and compared to the stock tips they are infinitely better.Oh, I should mention that I do believe selection of tips – unfortunately - is a very personal thing as we all have different anatomy and preferences. I’ve even started to consider...
What's that? Can you (anyone) enlighten me please? Thanks!
^ Yes, it's memorable! 
Generally speaking (YMMV, of course), if one is relatively new to this passion of ours, I don’t think a standalone DAC such as the CLAS is the most rewarding piece of audio gear you can acquire after your first set of headphones. As I wrote in one of my previous posts, I think a couple of dollars spent on a pair of decent ear tips (if you’re into universal IEMs) may well be a significantly more rewarding investment for your overall enjoyment of the sound. If one is...
I think a good start for anyone to explore whether lossy vs. lossless has any significant importance to you is the Philips Golden Ears challenge. On the "Silver Ears" level you'll find a challenge named "Details - MP3 Artefacts". The toughest test in that challenge is to be able to identify a 128 Kbps MP3. For me (and several others) that was the toughest challenge to finally be able to get my Philips Golden Ears. So, I've decided to stick to 160 Kbps AAC files on my...