or Connect

Posts by Aero Dynamik

I say; if you truly know you want it, it's within reasonable reach, then go for it! That goes for pretty much anything in life. Sooner then you might expect the opportunity is lost and often for the most unlikely reason you can imagine. Life is short. Don't wait for it to be over with! 
Agree! What double-flange tips do you use? There weren't any stock in the package I believe!? I'm in the process of assessing james444's pair of Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke, and it's in many ways an amazing IEM. Just can't believe it's just a single dynamic micro driver IEM. Anyway, when switching to the DN2KJ what really hits me is its bass. Sure, it isn't neutral, it's clearly elevated, but the implementations is so masterful I experience it more reference -...
I agree, but I can't help but feel that it's a pity that one of the best sounding IEMs I've heard is dismissed so quickly and on those grounds (the above 10 kHz dip). It somehow doesn't seem fair, and I'm afraid our Hifihedgehog might be missing out without realizing it. Various insertion depths, tips, sources, and mods can be applied and can make quite a bit of difference. It seems to me it wasn't really given a fair chance. I don't mind one bit personally. I simply find...
The SM64 is one of those IEMs that has a special place in my heart. In many respects it is the opposite of the DN2KJ. It is not as detailed/resolving (non the less no slouch in that area) and absolutely non fatiguing. It has a pronounced mid range especially around 1 kHz (the way I heard it) that is very palpable and one of the sound characteristics I really appreciate about it. It's the only IEM I've heard that reminds me of listening to - great sounding - speakers. And,...
Yeah, let's hope! 
It would seem to me your major complaint is the lack of a neutral FR in the area between 10 kHz and about 18 kHz? Frankly, I find that a bit funny. Now, I can't hear it because I'm (more than) middle-aged - my hearing stops around 12 kHz (in the deepest dip) - and you can't hear it because it isn't (so much) there. Consequently we should then be hearing the DN2KJ in pretty much the same or similar way, right? To make a long story short, I feel the the DN2KJ is one of the...
But what about the burn in?   And, why not keep it and wait until you're middle-aged, or why not use it with your EQ settings for your MEE Audio A151? 
Nothing wrong with the expectations there, and I'm pretty sure it won't disappoint you as long as you prefer crystal clear, spacious sound (among many, many other stellar features of this IEM). So, any first impressions???
I've had a few TOTL IEMs and let me assure you, you can get absolutely fabulous sound for about $30. Build quality may not be the best, but it's easily solved. Get five of them!  You may think I'm joking, but I'm not! In this business there's very little - and sometimes no - correlation between price and sound. Of course, the Shure is very likely a better sounding IEM, but is it 100 times better sounding? Of course not! Is it twice as good? Probably not! Is it 10 or 20...
Shure, any audiophile can do that, even when standing next to an A380 Blade Off Test (4:00)!