Posts by Aero Dynamik

So, I've placed an order for the JDS OBJECTIVE2. What I expect, pray and hope for is that it will enable me to adjust the volume of the sound that comes straight out of my CLAS -dB DAC into my 334. If it works it'll be a dream come true. Anyway, and as "they" say, if anything sounds too good to be true, chances are it isn't it. Well, we'll see...
Yes, the HD 650 and the 627X match very well, at least in my book. No problem whatsoever driving the 300 Ohm HD 650.
Thanks! Well, according to this review it is "dead silent", so I guess there shouldn't be much to worry about...  [[SPOILER]]
The ODAC/O2 looks very interesting! What about hiss with the 334? Thanks!
Well I’m definitely not saying CIEMs are a bad thing by definition, but considering all CIEM hype that’s been going on for such a long time I think some counterweight is beneficial. Based on my personal experience I believe UIEMs would be the best solution for most people, also considering a substantially higher resale value. Conversely, for those having trouble with UIEMs for one or another reason or suspect they don’t get the best possible sound because of their anatomy...
Well that's a good point well worth to consider. I have no experience of silicone CIEMs myself, but I would expect them to be better in this respect. However, wise from many funny conclusions I've made about sound gear in the past  I wouldn't make the investment without some additional research...
I have definitely considered giving it another try, but I really think human ear canals are superior when it comes to transporting sound waves in the most natural/organic way. Anyway, that is my experience from comparing my EarSonics EM6 CIEM with my TOTL UIEMs (334, K3003, ER-4S) so I've decided not to go there again. I've had two pairs of CIEMs and this is how I would summarize my experience.Comfort, sound and isolation of CIEMs (at least in my experience) depend on the...
Sounds like it's time to move up from my iPhone 4S, which has a cracked display anyway. Thanks!
Your post definitely confirms my experience with the 334. The first 10 month it was basically “big, lazy bass, very thick mid and dark treble” for me as well. Once I got the right tips (Sennheiser CX300 medium stock tips), the right shallow insertion depth without any kind of vacuum/underpressure - It’s amazing to hear the very dramatic difference in sound inserting it just one millimetre deeper or shallower - , and the right insertion angle it changed my perception of it...
X2. Seems like a much better advice than mine!