or Connect

Posts by Aero Dynamik

It would seem to me your major complaint is the lack of a neutral FR in the area between 10 kHz and about 18 kHz? Frankly, I find that a bit funny. Now, I can't hear it because I'm (more than) middle-aged - my hearing stops around 12 kHz (in the deepest dip) - and you can't hear it because it isn't (so much) there. Consequently we should then be hearing the DN2KJ in pretty much the same or similar way, right? To make a long story short, I feel the the DN2KJ is one of the...
But what about the burn in?   And, why not keep it and wait until you're middle-aged, or why not use it with your EQ settings for your MEE Audio A151? 
Nothing wrong with the expectations there, and I'm pretty sure it won't disappoint you as long as you prefer crystal clear, spacious sound (among many, many other stellar features of this IEM). So, any first impressions???
I've had a few TOTL IEMs and let me assure you, you can get absolutely fabulous sound for about $30. Build quality may not be the best, but it's easily solved. Get five of them!  You may think I'm joking, but I'm not! In this business there's very little - and sometimes no - correlation between price and sound. Of course, the Shure is very likely a better sounding IEM, but is it 100 times better sounding? Of course not! Is it twice as good? Probably not! Is it 10 or 20...
Shure, any audiophile can do that, even when standing next to an A380 Blade Off Test (4:00)!
Couldn't agree with you more! EDIT: Didn't mean to imply that the mod is tip independent. It's just how my words (a bit carelessly) fell.
That's correct, and I do feel I can live without it. However, going a bit back and forth I now feel pretty confident I prefer it with the mod. The thing is that I feel the mod is a bit tip dependent. With the T-500 (Comply Foam) tips I prefer to go "mod-less". However, with the white stock tips the mod is more beneficial, and I think I now prefer the white stock tips. I can't say I've made up my mind completely about the mod (and choice of tips), but it's definitely an...
I certainly know the feeling Hifihedgehog!  A word of warning though; remember that the DUNU engineers do recommend these monitors to burn in. In my experience they're right. Whether it's a matter of driver or brain burn in I don't know and it doesn't really matter. FWIW my current DN2KJ configuration consists of the red extension rings, the white stock tips (large), and james444's blu-tack mod.
It's finally happening!  Let us know what you think! 
Pure poetry!