Posts by Aero Dynamik

I believe it was you who described the K3003 as having a "brassy" sound? Do you think this is what some other people refer to as harsh? Oh, I just discovered "brassy" is a synonym for "harsh"! (English isn't my native language so I constantly have to look up the meaning of English words) If you care to, It would be interesting to hear you elaborate some on this "brassy/harsh" thing! BTW, it will be very interesting to see how your comparison will differ (if at all) from...
Well written, informative, entertaining! It has made me want to try the SE846!   Thank you very much dleblanc343!
If the iPhone 5 sounds as good as the iPod touch generation 4 you really don't need another portable player. I have a few portable TOTL amp/dacs (check my profile) and I'm now considering selling them all. Sure, there is a slightly different feeling listening to my amp/dacs, but the touch has the cleanest sound. Try the iPod touch G4 if you can and if you can't hear any difference go with your iPhone 5! I mean this sincerely!
Couldn't agree with you more!
Oh, don't know why I got the impression...
This may come as a surprise to you, but you are not the first! For example, check out the review section, or read this thread from the beginning.   For great many reasons the K3003 is my preferred IEM. With the right track I think it's so good I find it hard to imagine or wish for anything else or better. However, that doesn't mean I prefer it with every single track in my collection. As a matter of fact, far from it! For example:   Kool & the Gang - Jungle Boogie (High...
I think it is my best AMP. I've written a few preliminary impressions here.   While I'm at it I'd like to make a warning about the combination of ALO's Rx-MK3-B and sensitive IEMs such as the TG334, AKG K3003, and possibly the 1plus2 (which I don't have). I commented Steve Gutteberg's Review of the TG334 about this here. For those of you who are not CNET members here is what I wrote in my comment:   ------------------ I find the "ALO Rx-MK3B + FitEar ToGo 334" to be a...
What??? Come again, please!!!
Wow, that's interesting! What on earth is a "resistance adaptor" and where can I get one? I know this thread is about the 1Plus2, but I thought this may be of general interest. If it is what I think and hope it is it may very well solve my problems when AMPing my TG334. Basically, the only device I can use with the TG334 is the iPod Touch Gen 4. Almost all other combinations are too loud. Specifically, I would like to listen to the TG334 through my Portaphile 627X + CLAS...
It’s certainly not a silly topic. No matter how well an IEM sounds, if the ergonomics are inadequate it’s pretty useless. I feel the K3003 is my most comfortable IEM. As a matter of fact it fits me so well I hardly notice it even if I wear it for many, many hours. I’m always puzzled (just don’t get it) when other Head-Fi:ers complain about fit, weight and sharp edges (with the stock tips? I just don’t get it!). Maybe we just belong to a lucky few, or maybe this is just...