Posts by Aero Dynamik

x2! I get goose bumps just thinking about it.
Price 79 EUR --> Includes shipping by Registered Post with tracking number.   Payment by PayPal Gift.   Please note: price is in EUR not in USD.   Up for sale is my Yamaha EPH-100. It's in LIKE NEW condition. These have only been used at home with a maximum of 50 hours at most. Includes packaging and all accessories. All images depict the actual item being sold.   1. Bought it January 13th 2014, so it’s approx. three months old.   2. I am the first and original...
When my Portaphile627X runs out of juice with my sensitive IEMs (especially the FitEar ToGo! 334) it sounds like a gun being fired just next to my ears. It is very loud and very scary, hurts my ears and I’m afraid it might damage the drivers of my $1.349 FitEar phone. I suppose the Portaphile627X may not be designed for such sensitive IEMs, still I enjoy its sound so much and would really like to use it but hardly dare to with my IEMs any longer. Is there anything I can do...
You have every reason to be excited, and let us know what you think. Congratulations! 
Thanks for the encouragement and I hope you're right. My cold is on its way to slow and when I tried today I passed the 8.5, 9 and 10 kHz a couple of times, but at 11 kHz it was a grinding halt. Like I said I'll try again when I am fully recovered, but I actually have no great hope of success because I can not actually hear sine waves above about 11 kHz, which is age-related. I really wonder how I did this a month ago. I can not recall that I then thought it was...
Tried this again. However, this time around, and to my surprise, the “Treble Cut-off frequency” challenge seems absolutely impossible. I can identify the first cut-off at 8.5 kHz, but the second step at 9 kHz is a “brick wall”. It would seem I’ve lost some of my treble hearing ability. It could be age, or it could be I’ve had a bad cold for almost a moth. For some reason I expect age. Anyway, I’ll give it another try once I feel perfectly healthy again. It does bother me. 
You just got to give me some details, please! I just can't believe in cables (wish I could) and consequently never tried it. I wish as was wrong though as anything that is able to improve SQ is more than welcome. Now, I'm just assuming your jaw dropped on the floor because you were impressed? Or, was it the other way around?
So, I've placed an order for the JDS OBJECTIVE2. What I expect, pray and hope for is that it will enable me to adjust the volume of the sound that comes straight out of my CLAS -dB DAC into my 334. If it works it'll be a dream come true. Anyway, and as "they" say, if anything sounds too good to be true, chances are it isn't it. Well, we'll see...
Yes, the HD 650 and the 627X match very well, at least in my book. No problem whatsoever driving the 300 Ohm HD 650.
Thanks! Well, according to this review it is "dead silent", so I guess there shouldn't be much to worry about...  [[SPOILER]]