Posts by Aero Dynamik

The EarSonics Velvet is now presented on EarSonics' site. However, couldn't find any prices or way to order it in their store.
Congrats! I would guess your first wrong came at the "MP3 Artefacts" challenge? It drove me crazy before I had enough training with it.
  So, maybe we're on to something here?! Channel imbalance isn't always obvious. It takes quite a bit of focus and experimenting to really detect - especially when one is used to it and haven't questioned it -, as well as a balanced track you can really trust (white noise in stereo or a perfectly balanced voice). So to those of you who own the FX850; just how sure are you your phone doesn't suffer from channel imbalance?
Congrats! If you ask me you now own one of the best sounding IEMs on the planet, the SM64, and I have a few other IEMs to compare with (see my profile). Not only is it a fantastic phone but it also has a unique sound feature that none of my other phones have, not even my most expensive. I will be posting about that unique sound feature eventually to see if you other guys agree or disagree with me. Meanwhile you may want to guess what that is! Clue; that feature is best...
What issue? I had channel imbalance in my FX850, sent it back to my Japanese eBay seller and it's now on repair or replacement. The left right earpiece was sounding a lot louder than the right left earpiece (4 to 6 dB louder).
You really don't have to look through the entire thread, instead you can "Search This Thread": You'll soon find out that there are four posts containing "iPod Classic" in this thread, but unfortunately non of them answer your question. I have the iPod Classic but haven't tried it with my FX850. The reason being that I'm waiting for my FX850 to return from Japan after warranty repair (channel imbalance, only had it for a few days). I guess it will take a couple of weeks or...
All phones have their pros and cons. I don't believe in perfect sound reproduction more than I believe in peace in the middle east. Each phone has it distinct characteristics, much like wine. And just as there is good wine and poor wine and an awful lot in between, the same is true for IEMs. Haven't heard the Westone 2 but I'm sure it's a good phone. I have the Sennheiser HD 650 and I really think the FX850 is way better and way more enjoyable. Haven't heard the HE-400i...
Well, if you can't afford it, don't order it, as you'll probably rather starve than return it! Anyway, if I could only afford the Tenore I'd still be very, very happy.Once you do get the FX850 though, don't forget to let us know what you think! BTW, I couldn't really tell about the treble extension of the Tenore as my hearing doesn't go any further that about 11 kHz. To me it just sounds more or less perfect. It is the graces of old age I guess!
I just love the Carbo Tenore despite lacking somewhat in overall energy/punch. It is my favorite phone and I have a few other phones to compare with (see my profile). Had the FX850 for a few days before I realized it suffered from channel imbalance so it's now on warranty repair at JVC in Japan (I live in Sweden, i.e., on the other side of the world, lol). Anyway, the FX850 has a different signature compared to the Tenore, but still shares quite a bit of similarity with...
Is this the version with medium bass boost that is only available in C5's built after Dec 17, 2013? I'd be interested to know why you're selling it. Thanks!