or Connect

Posts by Aero Dynamik

My perception of the DN-2K exactly! I do hope tomscy2K or someone else soon will be able to share their experience about this. It would be extremely interesting. Thanks!
SOLD!
I'm afraid not! The DN2K will not disappoint!
No, the process to make up my mind to sell "my baby" was so bloody painful that I never want to experience it again! I cried for days! To make matters worse my wife took most of the money as I was paid in cash. I'll never do that again. Not a single dollar was spent on new gear...  Seriously, eventually I'm going to pick it up again. It may be expensive, but oh my gosh, what a phone it is...
I'm nit-picking about the mids and actually like'em quite a bit. In a way they make strings (I listen mostly to classical these days and I'm a hobby violinist) sound very inviting and non intrusive, almost a bit like a mute is being used on the violins (very "Hi-Fi", very rich and lush). To make a long story short I find the mids a bit unrealistic but very (perhaps too) enjoyable. That's why my Carbo Tenore gets most of my listening time these days which is a lot less...
I got a PM with a few questions from one of the thread members and I thought my reply might interest someone else too, so here it is!     "Hi!   I'm afraid I can't be of much help as I bought my DN2K used and I've never heard the GR07. Anyway, for what it's worth it took me a while to get used to and appreciate its very clean and comparatively shy sub bass response. Actually I find the DN2K's bass and treble some of the best I've ever heard, if not the best. If...
LOL! Yep, and it certainly proves that in the end we're always governed by our feelings and never our reasoning...
The good thing with the really expensive headphones is that you can always sell them if you aren't happy with them or want to raise money for other gear. So, if you buy a reasonably popular and expensive IEM (like the K3003) you can always sell it on Head-Fi and get most of your money back. For example, I enjoyed the TG334 for over a year and got something like 90 % of my money back when I sold it. So in the end for about $100 dollars I enjoyed a TOTL phone for something...
I'm interested!
Well, if I haven't sold it by Christmas I just may consider your offer!   EDIT:Just checked the price on Amazon and it is now USD $625 new!