Posts by Aero Dynamik

So, that was 719 days ago, and I see that you no longer have it. What happened? Thanks!
My impressions were made by the book so I actually have to keep my mouth slightly open to get best possible fit. If not slightly open, it immediately degrades performance.
I'm really sorry to hear that, and hope CIEMs will be just right for you. My own experience of CIEMs is unfortunately not the best. I've had two pairs and this is how I would summarize my experience. Comfort, sound and isolation of CIEMs (at least in my experience) depend on the position of the facial muscles and the body as a whole. I see a possibility that people with no previous experience of CIEMs may be lead to believe that CIEMs are the be‑all and end‑all in IEM...
  When I was young my father (very observant) often talked to me about the risks of too loud volumes. So, to what degree did I ignore his warnings? 100 %! When we're young and immortal, there's just nothing that can touch us. Unfortunately, I don't expect to have more luck with my own kids. Bagobones; I guess the army offered you hearing protection, but that you chose to ignore it. Ears of steel, no? My strategy is to try to consider my tinnitus as something normal, as...
Thanks for your reply! I actually share that experience, but I’ve been putting up with it. Maybe I shouldn’t for the reasons you mention. I'm trying to teach my kids to keep their voice volume on a reasonable level. I do so by whispering to them from time to time, and it actually works, at least for a while. Anyway, when you are 4 years old and don't have the vocabulary to express the many feelings you have I guess "turning up the volume" is inevitable. My god, kids can be...
I believe there could be quite a few people who have tinnitus without even being aware of it. I speak from my own experience. If the noise is constant and not too loud I think it can be perceived as “normal internal sounds” although a bit disturbing when for example going to sleep. I wasn't aware I was suffering from tinnitus until I started with this hobby. In my case I'm pretty sure my condition is caused by too loud volumes of music for too long time - mostly from...
Why do you expect a difference in sound? Unless, of course, you expect interference from powerful radio signals and/or strong electrical currents running in parallel with the audio cable.
x2 (it ought to be forbidden to publish images like that )
Thanks for your reply! The only DAPs I’ve tried are the COWON J3 and several iDevices, and of the iDevices my favourites are the iPod Touch G4 for its interface and blackness, and the iPod Classic for its capacity. I also have a separate DAC (CLAS –dB) and several portable amplifiers which I use with the Classic. Most of the time I feel the differences in sound are more felt than heard (if at all), and most of the time I would be unable to describe the differences. I’ve...
Which other DAPs have you tried the K3003 with and in what way or ways would you say the DX100 (I assume iBasso?) outshines them?