or Connect

Posts by Aero Dynamik

My last worry before pulling the trigger on the FiiO X3 2nd gen is if its balance feature (Max bias 5dB L/R) is likely to be sufficient for my needs. I use the parametric equalizer "-4.5 dB (right)" in JRiver Media Center 18 to compensate for my left ear hearing loss. I wonder if  -4.5 dB in the FiiO X3 2nd gen would have the same effect as in JRiver Media Center 18!? Thanks!
Not only do I too suffer from "permanent low level tinnitus" but a hearing impairment on my left ear (about 4 to 5 dB) so I guess I'll be safe. Thank god for tinnitus and hearing impairments!  My last worry before pulling the trigger on the FiiO X3 2nd gen is if its balance feature (Max bias 5dB L/R) is likely to be sufficient for my needs. I use the parametric equalizer -4.5 dB (right) in JRiver Media Center 18 to compensate for my hearing loss. Hope -4.5 dB in the X3ii...
Do you mean when you use the FiiO x3 2nd gen as DAC? If you could describe your X3/C5D setup I'd be very interested. Thanks!
I guess I might have found the answer in Brooko's extensive and very well written review: DUNU DN-2000J – Quality Worthy of a Flagship Brooko: "The X3ii also has a low 0.2 ohm headphone output – which is ideally suited to the 8 ohm impedance of the DN-2000J." Dare I assume this means that "DUNU DN-2000J" + "FiiO X3 2nd Gen." is hiss free? Thanks!
"DUNU DN-2000J" + "FiiO X3 2nd Gen." = Hiss?   I've had a loaner 2000J for a few days now (thank you james444, you're the man!) and in a word I find the 2000J outstanding (especially with james444's mod) and I've more or less made up my mind to buy my own copy. However, this post is not going to be about my impressions as I'll save that for later.   Right know I need your help to replace my iPod Touch gen 4 (after long and faithful service it has decided to retire) and...
PM sent!
SOLD!
That sounds a bit disconcerting! Too much detail seems to have a negative impact on resolution. Anyway, that's my experience with the JVC FX850 which I got rid of for that very reason. It's like a picture with exaggerated contrast. You can see everything very clearly  (very sexy for a minute or two) but it hurts your eyes. Anyway, for a number of reasons I do look forward to hear this phone for myself. I've had a few TOTL IEMs (see my profile) but the only one I've kept so...
Yeah, it seemed a bit unclear, and that's why I asked! Funny design though; an IEM that sounds its best while perhaps falling out your ears? As a rule of thumb otherwise usually is that a perfect fit is required for perfect sound.
Hm... Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?