or Connect

Posts by Aero Dynamik

Tried the Spiral Dots tonight and got a somewhat airier more out-of-head sound compared to Comply Ts. Not sure I preferred it though as I felt it subtracted from the "realistic rawness" of its tonality. Maybe my insertion depth was a bit too shallow. I think I have all sizes of the SDs so I'll try with small pair/deeper fit as long as I get proper isolation.   I must say; the tonality of A83 with acoustic instruments, especially strings is really quite fabulous! I'm not...
I used to buy Spiral Dots (and Spinfits) from Head-Fi:er Dopaminer. Good prices and fast delivery. I believe he has/had a large private(?) stock.
A few first Fidue A83 impressions   Authoritarian well controlled bass Present meaty mids Crystal clear higs Wonderful tonality Addictive sound Non-fatiguing Picky with tips (has tremendous impact on sound/signature, so better get it right!) A+++ Cable Worth its price
Thanks, and no problem! I haven't heard the Fidue A83 yet (hopefully this week though), but what I'm hoping for is more intensity/presence in the mids compared to the DN2KJ. The way I hear the DN2KJ with my OBJECTIVE DAC/AMP (which I believe are neutral) are mids that are too smooth and a tad too recessed for my taste and a treble that is too intense and somewhat sibilant, especially at what I consider to be normal volumes and of course louder volumes (I know, it's not...
I sometimes use my iPhone 5S with regular MP3s and I think it sounds wonderful, lol! Anyway, I prefer my OBJECTIVE DAC/AMP, and my FiiO X3 2nd gen DAP with FLACs, but I certainly wouldn't bet my life I could tell the difference at any given time. Anyway, my advice for anyone who doesn't want to spend a fortune and still want to get some seriously great sound is to use your phone and save your money for headphones/IEMs where the real differences are. I personally find the...
Brooko, you confuse me! Do you or don't you consider the DN-2000J to be v-shaped? Here you seem to be suggesting that both the DN-2000J and the Fidue A83 are v-shaped, no? Yet, in this post you said: "Now anyone suggesting the DN-2000J is V shaped, or has recessed mids really needs to go back and listen again." Now "anyone" includes me and I suppose you based that statement on your listening experience and not on the graph you presented in that post, no? In his review...
x2 - That would be enormously interesting! 
FWIW that graph looks definitely more like how I hear the DN2KJ, and since it looks V-shaped and since that is how I actually hear the DN2KJ I'm personally inclined to believe the above graph is the more accurate (wonder if the same source has a graph for the Fidue A83)  And thanks to shotgunshane (commander Taggart) for coming to my (Brandon's) rescue! - Taggart: It's all real!-Brandon: OMG, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! 
The truth of the matter is that the DN2KJ sounds somewhat recessed in the mids and slightly too intense in the treble, to me. I could choose to refrain from such non-scientific wordings and instead present a more clinical description, but what I’m trying to do is convey my personal perception of what I feel is the DN2KJ’s less strong feats. It isn’t recessed and/or too treble hot from the science of its FR graph. It's simply how it's perceived by me. The reason could be...
I'm afraid I haven't heard any of the headphones you mention so I'm afraid I probably can't be of much help. My only full size over ear headphone was the Sennheiser HD 650 (now sold) but as I remember it vocals on it were definitely more palpable and engaging than that of the 2KJ. I'd use it for example to listen to Paul McCartney's intense voice in "Wild Life", to really get to feel what his throat must have felt like when singing it. Overall however, the HD 650 was too...