Posts by Aero Dynamik

Thanks for the question! I'll let you know a bit later as right now I'm too busy listening! Yesterday I felt a bit uneasy about the mid-range but I've now sorted it out and I will have some very positive things to say about it. I'll be back!  
 Well, that certainly feels reassuring, thanks! I always feared that my writings about the FX850 would be perceived as too confused and contradictory. So, that's it, I just got to have the DUOZA!  Not that I'm particularly fond of chocolate fondue, but knowing it doesn't share the "Xtremes" of the FX850 and that it comes from the same guys who tuned the Carbo Tenore is enough for me to pull the trigger. Interesting you should mention the DN-2000! I've just had my first...
I've just had my very first DUNU DN-2000 session and it sounds better than I had dared hope for. It's not only awfully competent but also very pleasantly tuned. Although it has a different signature than my beloved Carbo Tenore, its tonality is really satisfying and not far at all in quality from my Carbo Tenore, which I consider a true tonality masterpiece. Technically though - and as expected - it is way superior to the Carbo Tenore (single dynamic micro...
I had the FX850 for a while - and although it was in my opinion a TOTL phone - in the end I decided to sell it. I felt it was the kind of phone that performs on the very edge of its ability and it made me nervous. Don't know why but I was always having the feeling it was going to start to distort the sound any second. It never did (of course!), but I just couldn't shake of the feeling it was going to. Not very rational - I know - but that's how I felt. It was probably...
The ER-4 S-version has very high impedance for an IEM (119 Ohm?) and isn't very sensitive (if I remember correctly) so no wonder you don't get any hiss from that, but I really wonder if you get all the high fidelity sound it is capable of with just your iPod!? If the ER-4's perfectly neutral signature is what you want and are looking for, I really don't think you'll be able to replace it with anything in that department except for a new ER-4S. In my book the ER-4 has as...
What generation of the classic do you have? I don't have the DN-2000 (am waiting), but you can be pretty sure the hiss is emanating from your source, unless your IEM is faulty. As I remember it, my iPod Nano Gen. 3 and iPod Classic Gen 5.5 hisses with quite a few of my IEMs. How much hiss depends on the sensitivity of the IEM. My FitEar ToGo! 334 - which I sold - hissed insanely much with most of my sources. "For iPhone iPod" usually means the IEM has a microphone with...
Thanks, and yes "coarse" is the word (and there's no audiophile mix of this song). It's all just about moving involuntarily!  
When I grew up and the older generation would rave about jazz with Glen Miller, Benny Goodman, Count Basie, and so on I politely listened but inside of myself I thought: "Oh god, this is sooo boring, let it be over with already". What I loved and what got me going was my generation's music; The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, etc, and The Sonics' song "Have Love, Will Travel". It got me moving involuntarily then, and 50 years later still does. I guess the younger generation...
Do you have both and have you compared them? Can you elaborate? I'd be extremely interested! Thanks!
So, they can be compared! Can't wait to hear the DN-2000! Fortunately I sold my K3003i to a fellow Swede living nearby. The plan is that if I ask nicely I hope to be able to A/B them. If the DN-2000 can be compared to the K3003 I will expect it to be a fabulous IEM. EDIT: Oh, BTW, don't forget to check out my classifieds! (See below!)