or Connect

Posts by Aero Dynamik

Thanks for your very enjoyable review! I have a few questions for you. 1. You write: "Adding the bass rings added warmth to the overall tuning and gave me a new appreciation of the DN200J treble. With them installed, the treble seems very resolving and crisp without being overdone. Your mileage may vary." Q. Do you mean to say that the bass rings actually affects the treble response or that the added bass simply affects the overall impression of the treble? Hard to answer...
Well, you can be sure of one thing; it's not going to leave you indifferent!
The (track 4: Sometimes I'm) Right recording and the J is... well I'm speechless (or lazy ). It matches the J perfectly. Listen to it and feel you jaw drop!
SOLD!
SALE PENDING!
(1) Wow, that really surprises me as I feel that the DN2KJ is a truly open, 3D, holographic, stereophonic (whatever you want to call it) champion. Never heard a more open phone (IEM or full size headphone, i.e. my one and only Sennheiser HD650). Actually, I think this is one of the DN2KJ features that really sets it apart from all other IEMs I've heard. It puzzles me... Could it be the effect of tips!? Well, guess I need to try some other tips! (2) Again, I'm absolutely...
I agree with you! Some recordings become too intense with the DN2KJ, but like you conclude I too feel it's in the recording and not in the monitors. My only - very minor - complaint is the mid range that I feel is slightly too recessed which makes it a bit too smooth for my taste (in this respect it's similar to its sibling the DN2K). Anyway, the overall SQ is so impressive that I don't mind giving the mids a bit of EQ boost. I've had the FX850 (too) and it was a fabulous...
So, mike200, what is it about the Titans that make you prefer them? It would be very interesting to read. Thanks! BTW, haven't heard the Titans myself!
Allow me to disagree! I've owned both the K3003 and the 334 and although I've sold both (had each for over a year) the DN2KJ is IMO definitely on par with the K3003 (High Boost Filters) and bests the 334. The treble and bass of the 334 is simply no match for the DN2KJ but I still think the tuning and timbre of the mids of the 334 is some of the best I've heard; plus more forward which I prefer (can be fixed with a bit of EQ though). Anyway, in my book the DN2KJ is...
That's a habit of mine too, and I've never had any problems with fixed cables. A protective case, some common sense and that's all there is to it. Oh, and I always move a bit slowly when I'm around cables, all sorts of cables!