Posts by Aero Dynamik

Wow, you do know how to describe sound; brilliant! The best Wooduo 2 "review" I've read so far as it describes exactly how I hear it. I've sold most of my TOTL phones but actually kept the Wooduo 2 as it is the only phone that I feel can do some serious justice to my most sub bass demanding favorite tracks, like Mike Oldfield's "Tubular World" (to mention one). However, it is not my daily phone (although I guess it could be) but for those special occasions where it is needed.
Yes, very, very worried... that you won't be able to take'em out of your ears, that is! So, just relax and enjoy, cause you will! EDIT: Post no 600! Woohoo!!! 
Haven't (yet) got the DUOZA, but if you know you're a basshead my guess is you'll probably be more happy with your JVCs, and if you want something new with a lot of bass but still with great overall fidelity try HiSoundAudio's "Wooduo 2". Read my review here.
X2 - It will probably be a very different but in the long run rewarding experience!
Well, I’ve been listening critically to IEMs for some years now and I’ve had a few TOTL phones ("FitEar ToGo! 334", "AKG K3003i", "EarSonics EM6", "Etymotic Research ER-4") and I feel my hearing abilities have developed quite a bit during these years, and I am naturally (as most of us are) more sensitive to and more critical to what I hear in the mid-range than to what I hear in the bass and treble.  [[SPOILER]] The DN-2000’s mid-range didn’t sound perfectly right to me...
Interesting to hear, thanks! I'll PM you soon. As you may guess every bit of free time is now spent with my DN-2000! 
Thanks for the question! I'll let you know a bit later as right now I'm too busy listening! Yesterday I felt a bit uneasy about the mid-range but I've now sorted it out and I will have some very positive things to say about it. I'll be back!  
 Well, that certainly feels reassuring, thanks! I always feared that my writings about the FX850 would be perceived as too confused and contradictory. So, that's it, I just got to have the DUOZA!  Not that I'm particularly fond of chocolate fondue, but knowing it doesn't share the "Xtremes" of the FX850 and that it comes from the same guys who tuned the Carbo Tenore is enough for me to pull the trigger. Interesting you should mention the DN-2000! I've just had my first...
I've just had my very first DUNU DN-2000 session and it sounds better than I had dared hope for. It's not only awfully competent but also very pleasantly tuned. Although it has a different signature than my beloved Carbo Tenore, its tonality is really satisfying and not far at all in quality from my Carbo Tenore, which I consider a true tonality masterpiece. Technically though - and as expected - it is way superior to the Carbo Tenore (single dynamic micro...
I had the FX850 for a while - and although it was in my opinion a TOTL phone - in the end I decided to sell it. I felt it was the kind of phone that performs on the very edge of its ability and it made me nervous. Don't know why but I was always having the feeling it was going to start to distort the sound any second. It never did (of course!), but I just couldn't shake of the feeling it was going to. Not very rational - I know - but that's how I felt. It was probably...