Posts by Aero Dynamik

Good to know I'm not alone! 
Thanks for the pictures and early impressions! Please keep them coming! Have you tried it with HD files? Not having the driver available for download on their site must be considered professional misconduct. 
Was a bit sceptical to this, but wow, the effect is very real. Not just a punchier more defined bottom but to some extent the lower mid-range as well, which goes extremely well with male vocals. Listening to Mark Knopfler’s voice and guitar in “Brothers in Arms” as I write and am enjoying it immensely. For me it seems to complete the sound with the high boost filters.I use cotton wadding rather than just plain cotton. Don’t know if it’s better or worse than plain cotton as...
I'm certainly no expert, but as far as I understand implementation is absolutely key. For example, go to this page (http://centrance.com/products/dacport/) and then click the "Design philosophy" tab. I have the DACport and consider it my best dac/amp combo, and I have a few TOTL portable amps and dacs (check my profile). If I was in the market for a dedicated USB DAC I'd definitely go for the "DACport LX". Also, the free software ASIO driver works extremely well. BTW, I...
Ah, that's very interesting and exactly my observation as well! I find detecting 96 Kbps very challenging, 112 Kbps very, very difficult (need to crank up the volume to unhealthy levels) but 128 Kbps and above just impossible. I’m so frustrated I’m grinding my teeth, especially as others seem to be able to pass it, although admittedly with some difficulties.
So how did you do? No problem? If so I'm amazed!
Thanks! I'll try to listen for "tremolo on high tones and voices".
      Thanks for your guesses! The right answer is bitrate, what PHILIPS call MP3 Artifacts. It just seems impossible for me and it certainly makes me wonder why. I did find the other challenges to be reasonably easy, but to me bitrate is like running into a brick wall. It makes me wonder if something is wrong with my hearing, but if so why then didn’t I have any real problems with the other challenges? The only other explanation I can come to think of - except that...
Well, that was certainly entertaining! I really don’t know how serious these challenges are, but I didn’t make it to ”Golden Ears”. Yikes!  I plugged in my Etymotics ER-4S and used my 1 Ohm modified CEntrance DACport and felt that none of the challenges were all that challenging, actually reasonably easy, even the challenges for “Golden Ears”. However, I failed one challenge and one challenge only and I failed it utterly and completely. That challenge was just impossible...
[[SPOILER]]