Posts by Aero Dynamik

Thanks for sharing! Have you tried the DN-2000 with other AMPs and if so how do you think the C5 holds up against them? I'm interested in the C5 myself as I have JDS' OBJECTIVE 2 which is think is absolutely fabulous. Hm... Guess the DN-2000j will be hard to resist for most DN-2000 owners. 
Well, I was basically kidding as really do appreciate your observations and the way you so well describe them, thanks! I mostly listen to instrumental music and that could be the reason to why I haven't really noticed or thought of it the way you describe it. I will listen to some of my favorite vocals (Sade, Anastacia, and some Opera) and see if I agree with you or have some other or additional thoughts about it. It's going to very interesting so really thanks for your...
I don't know how much experience you have of Head-Fi terminology but this is what we seasoned Head-Fi'ers call "a wider sound stage" and it's always considered a good thing!  Again, it's not called "drier" on Head-Fi, it's called "neutral", and that too is always a good thing!  So, what you think is a negative side effect is in fact really just another improvement, right!? 
If this is your first hi-fi IEM you just won the jackpot! Congrats and enjoy! 
I'd be very interested as well!
Great to hear that you were able to share my experience!  Having heard (and owned) quite a few TOTL IEMs I almost can't get over how good the DN-2000 is. I had another hybrid for a long time, the AKG K3003i, which for me was an absolutely fantastic phone. However, despite both of them being hybrids their signatures are quite different; the K3003 being more neutral and brighter sounding. As I've sold my K3003 I can't do any direct comparisons, but from memory I prefer the...
Well, it's no big secret, I'm 53! At that age you should be able to hear frequencies up to 12 kHz and perhaps even up to 13 kHz. However, doing some pretty non clinical tests of my own listening to sine waves I can barley hear 11 kHz, so unfortunately in this context it seems that I'm ahead of time, which could be due to my slight left ear hearing impairment. I should mention that audionomes never bother with frequencies above 8 kHz. If you can hear in the range of 20 Hz...
I'm pretty old and I suffer from a slight hearing impairment on my left ear (however still able to pass the Philips Golden Ears Challenge). I am very anxious to preserve the hearing I have left so I have invested in "Adaptive noise-reduction earplugs" that I use in noisy situations every day and that makes me feel more relaxed and more alert. I think it's absolutely fantastic and I am now so used to it that I could not live without it. My only small complaint is that it...
So that means you're about 35 years old! Still a young lad! 
Thanks for clarifying! My sine wave hearing ends around 10 - 11 kHz so that may well explain why we hear differently. Balanced sound is what I'm looking for and since I really like the tuning of Tenore I really want to hear the DuoZA as well.