Posts by Aero Dynamik

Tonight I listened through the album ”Past Masters” from iTunes’ ”The Beatles Box Set” (recommended!). Most of these tracks sound really decent, even excellent, but when I came to track 27 “Get Back” my jaw just dropped in disbelief. Absolutely horrible sound with the FX850, distorted, unbearable! Fortunately the same track is available on the album “Let It Be” where it sounds just fine. I would say the FX850 is very, very unforgiving. Anyone to disagree? The really fun...
Very interesting! I must have forgotten about "the barells tips". I'll see if I still have them and if they fit me. Well, that was certainly a very interesting take on comparing tips. Never heard about this method before and obviously not smart enough to figure it out myself . I will just have to try it!  Thanks for the tip (pun intended)!
Here is a Swedish review of the phone: http://www.ljudochbild.se/test/supra-nitro Please use Google Translate to translate the page to your language. Can get this for $112 (10 % discount tonight between 8 pm and 3 am). Hm...     Here are a few more reviews (haven't read them all but get the impression they're rather V-shaped): https://www.hembiobutiken.se/nyhetsbrev/nyhetsbrev103.html http://m3.idg.se/2.1022/1.561461/supra-nitro-in-ear--superlurar-med-brutal-bas
Why detachable cables aren't always desirable I believe that is the first time I’ve noticed any kind of rational objection to detachable cables. I though it should be interesting reading to all of you AKG K3003 owners. BTW, I still miss my AKG K3003 which I sold to my fellow countryman ”thebratts”. Will I ever get over it…?  
Congrats on your new FX750! Don't know the bore size of the FX750 (only have the FX850 myself) but if it is the same as on the FX850 I think the opening on Wooduo tips may be a bit too small, at least on the somewhat olive shaped tips (if those are the ones you use and as I remember it). I would expect that to affect sound negatively, but it could (of course) be the other way around. Did you notice any difference in sound?
To be perfectly honest, IMO the FX850 outperforms the EM6. I'm sure the EM6 can be considered a better phone is some respects, but overall I feel it's just no competition for the FX850. As a matter of fact, I even appreciate my SM64 more than my EM6, way more!
Just today my wife listened to the song ”Say it right” with Nelly Furtado on Spotify straight out of the family laptop computer. I sort of liked the song and decided to listen to the samples I could find on Google Play with my FX850. The first sample sounded absolutely horrendous. Completely destroyed by dynamic range compression and – I would guess – no peak limiting. The FX850 is completely unforgiving in this context and makes recordings like that just unbearable. The...
Having read through my own post (spoiler) I really didn't expect a reply as I felt my post was just too clouded. Thought to myself that I must come across as completely paranoid. So, I was pleasantly surprised not only to get your reply but a very useful and interesting reply and your analysis is probably perfectly correct. I've actually tried what you suggest today and I think it helps. Thank you very much!  I guess many of you have - the now classical - "The Ultimate...
To my eyes the tips look a lot like the stock double flange silicone tips EarSonics always used. Please tell us more! Thanks!
Thanks for your input adithya88, much appreciated! I’ll be listening a lot to Ludovico Einaudi now that I’m aware of his name. I feel pretty excited about exploring some more tracks. I’m not very sensitive to lossy tracks (96 kbps definitely being the lower limit though) but that’s not really what I was referring to when I a bit carelessly used the word “compression”. What I really meant was “dynamic range compression”. “Audiophile’s awareness of the Ill effects of dynamic...