Posts by Aero Dynamik

Unlike the Carbo Tenore the AKG K3003i is an absolutely fantastic phone not just when it comes to sound but in every respect, and I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if most people would prefer it over the Carbo Tenore. Technically and objectively I’m sure most would agree that the K3003 is the better phone. However, as should be evident from my other post I personally prefer the sound I get from the Carbo Tenore. However, until I heard the Carbo Tenore the K3003 was indeed my...
Well aware of the quality issues (TTS = Typical Tenore Syndrome) I actually ordered two copies from two different eBay sellers to make sure, or at least increase the odds that one of them would be ok. As it turned out both were working perfectly and are still working perfectly. I was also privileged to be able to compare my copies with a loaner from a very credible “Contributor” Head-Fi:er. So from my personal experience I don't think there is much to fear, and should...
@warrior1975 - The Carbo Tenore is a flat out fantastically sounding headphone, irrespective of price and form factor. As I mentioned in my previous post I find it similar to the Etymotic Research ER-4S. That is, it basically has a very flat or neutral frequency response except for its bass which is a bit too pronounced to be called neutral. Like the ER-4S it is very resolving and transparent without sounding too thin as the ER-4s sometimes can. However, it is the overall...
I have a few very expensive IEMs (see my profile), but my preferred IEM for the time being is the ZERO AUDIO Carbo Tenore ZH-DX200-CT; $52.98 at amazon.com. Although a micro dynamic driver phone (like the Yamaha EPH-100) it shares a lot of similarity with the more than legendary single BA driver Etymotic Research ER-4S. However, I feel the tonality of the Carbo Tenore is even better (actually it is outstanding) and if you prefer some emphasised bass the Carbo Tenore fits...
Ordered this and absolutely adored it after having applied the fantastic "j444 mod". However, my copy suffered from channel imbalance (about 4 dB). I have returned it to the seller but unfortunately seem to have lost my contact with him so I'm hoping for the best.   Anyway, I want to know if anyone else suffers from or have suffered from channel imbalance? Thanks!
I'm the guy in the picture doing thumbs-up!
I absolutely adore the sound of the 627X. Still I consider to sell it as I absolutely hate the thump that hits my ears when switched on or off or when the battery runs out of juice. (That is, with my low impedance and highly sensitive IEMs. Drop me a PM if interested).
Well that's great! What phones do you use with this rig, and in what way or in what ways do find your new setup to sound better? Do you go single ended or balanced? What cables? Thanks!
Price 114 USD --> Includes shipping by Registered Post with tracking number.   Payment by PayPal.   Up for sale is my ALO Audio Copper 22 Balanced to Balanced Cable. For example, this cable can be used to connect a balanced amplifier (such as the "ALO Audio Rx MK3-B") to a balanced DAC (such as for example the "Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo -dB").   It is in LIKE NEW condition and have only been used at home (smoke free and pet free) and have been very carefully...
Price 489 USD --> Includes shipping by Registered Post with tracking number.   Payment by PayPal.   Up for sale is my ALO Audio Rx MK3-B portable headphone amplifier.   It is in LIKE NEW condition and have only been used at home (smoke free and pet free) and have been very carefully handled from day one (considering I may eventually want to sell it). That is, the condition is so good it is very difficult to separate from brand new in box.   Includes original...