Posts by Aero Dynamik

Do you (or anyone else) know if the DN-2000j has been released anywhere yet? I've read somewhere (I think) that the DD has somehow been treated by titanium, no? Sounds somehow worrying as I don't and can't associate a DD with metal, but what do I know.  Any comparisons between the "j" and the "non-j" version out yet?
Just had a session A/Bing the stock 2K tips and the Titan tips and I must say I agree with you. For example, with intimately recorded voices (example) some of the presence and intensity is lost with the Titan tips. However I feel the 2K tips tend to add a tad of veil to the sound (most easily heard in the mids/voices). Other listeners may describe this veil as warmer and smoother though. Now, with instrumental music (example) and especially with symphonic but not...
Please do! I'm just selling my ER-4PT but should I miss it too much I will probably want to replace it with something very similar and I was thinking the Doppio (or Singolo) just might be the ticket. Especially as the Doppio is approx. half the price of the Etys. EDIT: Forgot to mention that I consider the Etys to be absolutely stellar in sound, especially the mids, but I really need more bass, especially sub bass which sometimes is more or less missing in the Etys....
Do you know of any comparisons with Etymotic Research's ER-4? (I can search for it myself of course but once in a while there is a "gem" post not that easy to find)
Thanks for sharing! Have you tried the DN-2000 with other AMPs and if so how do you think the C5 holds up against them? I'm interested in the C5 myself as I have JDS' OBJECTIVE 2 which is think is absolutely fabulous. Hm... Guess the DN-2000j will be hard to resist for most DN-2000 owners. 
Well, I was basically kidding as really do appreciate your observations and the way you so well describe them, thanks! I mostly listen to instrumental music and that could be the reason to why I haven't really noticed or thought of it the way you describe it. I will listen to some of my favorite vocals (Sade, Anastacia, and some Opera) and see if I agree with you or have some other or additional thoughts about it. It's going to very interesting so really thanks for your...
I don't know how much experience you have of Head-Fi terminology but this is what we seasoned Head-Fi'ers call "a wider sound stage" and it's always considered a good thing!  Again, it's not called "drier" on Head-Fi, it's called "neutral", and that too is always a good thing!  So, what you think is a negative side effect is in fact really just another improvement, right!? 
If this is your first hi-fi IEM you just won the jackpot! Congrats and enjoy! 
I'd be very interested as well!
Great to hear that you were able to share my experience!  Having heard (and owned) quite a few TOTL IEMs I almost can't get over how good the DN-2000 is. I had another hybrid for a long time, the AKG K3003i, which for me was an absolutely fantastic phone. However, despite both of them being hybrids their signatures are quite different; the K3003 being more neutral and brighter sounding. As I've sold my K3003 I can't do any direct comparisons, but from memory I prefer the...