Posts by 3Pillars

Count me in.
I am interested. I tried to PM you but it wont go through, Please PM me.
I am interested. I tried to PM you but it wont go through, Please PM me.
I want to the NY meet this past weekend to have Jack Wu help me setup my WA7 with Foobar, and Dan "lured" me to his table to listen to his 'phones. I told him that I had heard them last year and the tone was not to my taste. What I did not tell him was I really didn't like them at all back then. Well I let him sales pitch me and I tried them again. What a huge difference one year of development makes. I had just listened to the Thunderpants not 10 min. before at another...
I have the HE500s and I was able to compare them to LCD-3, T1 and HD800. Unfortunately, the HE500s were certainly bested by all three, but they are still great and I enjoy them everyday. I just got the WA7 amp and the the HE500 are much more lively and enjoyable to listen to compared to my hybrid desktop HP amp. I was not able to compare to them to LCD2.
Great review! I got mine today and the bassiness you described is the same for me. The treble seems ok, tho. The WA7 is definitely a step up from my Vincent HP amp. I have not even tried the DAC yet due to driver issues I have yet to work out.
I plan on being there, also. Not sure if i'll be bringing anything yet. I have the wa7 on order, but Jack should be there with his fine stuff.
I just placed and order for the silver WA7. I was unable to find any comparison between the Sovtek and EH tubes. $100 is quite a bit of money. I'd like to have an idea of the sound improvement of the EH tubes (if any).
I am very taken by this unit. I am looking forward to auditioning this unit.
I pulled out of storage the original receiver my father purchased in 1978. I had heard that the old receivers sounded great from the headphone out, but this one needs some TLC. It powers up and plays music in both channels, but it really needs a good cleaning with a can of Caig. The right is good, but the left is not as loud. if you pull the HP plug out a little bit, the mono is equal in sound level. So I'm sure that the headphone jack just needs a really good...