Posts by icemanmusic

Great write up and info in this thread. Thanks all. Having recently bought a pair of dt770's for night listening to compiment my dt 880's which annoy the missus lying next to me. Got to say i agree with much of what is said. Having said that i personally can not hear a difference between the different ohm ratings. I guess i'm just lucky my ears aren't trained to audiophile level! But i can definitely hear the diferences between the headphones. Personaly i prefer the...
When they let me audition it it was amped by a top end rudistor amp. It's difficult to describe but everything was just so crystal clear even when the music got really agressive and the 880s start to get a bit (only a bit) muddled the t1s just effortlessly let every instrument be heard. Better detail than the 701 imo without the shrill highs i experienced. Important to note this was t1 right out of the box... God only knows how good they will sound after a burn in. I...
I agree with the bass being enough. It is perfect for me and my sensitive ears! But i know compared to my es7 it is less booming. My gf prefers the es7s due to the bass but admits the 880 is a better overall sound ( i'd hope so given a nearly 200 price diference!) Hmmn i was very tempted by the k701 but every cymbal clash made me blink and since much of my favourite music combines great cymbal work i was scared i'd regret the purchase. But i coulnd't try a burned in pair...
Ok I don't know if they Count... they are semi open... but heck i can't hear the difference they leak noise in and out so yeah :P   1: Beyerdynamic DT880 250ohm Street price is around us$300 i'm sure there is cheaper but thats what i saw from reputable websites.   2: Well my main source is a iPod classic docked connected to a go vibe peak amp. I intend to get a good DAC soon, but i think these cans deserve more than i can afford right now. Generally all music is in...