Posts by iXpertMan

Hello!   In a Facebook competition titled 'My Ireland, My area' run by Languages Initiative I uploaded my video and now need your votes in order to win. The winner will be the one with the most votes (deadline is 30th March). The rules are to create a 15 second video describing your area, in a language other than English or Irish, so I did it in Russian (but the video has English subtitles), it is the only video with this language. In order to vote all you need is a...
I am just using the line out of my Mac, which uses the Intel HD Audio card, and I am trying to improve sound quality with some upsampling. As for the graph, lets say that my song is the top graph, who's native frequency is in fact 44.1Khz. So the second graph would represent that same audio upsampled to a frequency of 88.2Khz, right? Which in turn would lead to more details and possibly 'better' sound quality... I am not sure who would upsample the audio, either the...
I don't think the example of upscaling a number of pixels is the same as upsampling/oversampling audio. I don't understand the difference between upsampling & oversampling (as they to me, seem like the same thing), but I think that they essentially add extra points of sampling on an already existing graph, trying to improve the detail. Since we already have a graph and then just use extra points with averages we can 'create' more data. Can both upsampling and...
Thanks for clearing this up. But why would I leave the settings at 44.1Khz/16bit when I am playing music from a CD. Yes I understand that this is its native format, but oversampling is a good thing, so why not do it all the time?
Hi!   I was just browsing through my Mac's applications (utilities section) when I came across a program called 'Audio MIDI Setup'. In its setting it states 'format', represented by a frequency and a bit size. These setting can be changed to different numbers, frequency from 44.1Khz to 96Khz and bit size from 16bit to 24bit. Is this the upsampling that my Mac can perform or something else? Also what would it be best to set these setting to?     Thank you. 
  Yes I know that I pointed-out the difference between the two, but what I am trying to say is that it seems as though the HMD has all the expensive components in it, which are just as good as those in the Aune T1. It has a decent DAC, the USB controller is the exact same, after that it just leaves the AMPS (which I can't find, same or not?), the tube itself (extra 20$?), the other electronic components and ports aren't the expensive parts. The body looks nice, costs...
I was just looking around ebay to find a good deal on this Aune T1, when I stumbled across HifiMeDiy Sabre USB DAC and though it was some kind of a mistake, because this device cost just around 30£, where as the Aune T1 costs around 130£. I checked the components and they were very similar, sure the HifiMeDiy lacks the extra analog inputs and outputs, and the tube amp, but its so small. I then had a read of some HeadFi posts to find-out if the sound quality of this...
All this is just the ULTRASONE CD, which comes with all their headphones? If so, then I have the original copy of it. Played a bit of it when I received my headphones, it surely sounded wonderful but I was not really into those sounds and decided to just listen to my own music instead. The fact that I decided to skip all this 'random' music, when all you 'pros' and 'enthusiasts' appreciate it so much, just shows how much of a noob I am. 
What a wonderful piece of Chinese engineering! As it appears that this Aune T1 DAC/AMP is as good as the Schiit Magni & Modi (Combo), better than the Audioquest Dragonfly and hence, many, many more pieces of sophisticated equipment. Especially for such a modest price, it seems too good to be true. I just have a few questions on it.   1) I have a Mac, and many people see Macs as having quite good audio cards. Would there still be a big difference in the quality, I...
Anyone able to explain to me in 'layman's terms' why equalising headphones/speakers is not enough to make them perfect? (physical properties or what?)