Posts by Fyro

I have tried it on both my iPod Touch (with Hip Hop EQ, as it has more of a sparkly sound than the others) andmy laptop, both on reasonably low volumes.   I also noticed the distortion on both. It has only been with several of my 2500+ songs that I have though.   If you have ever listened to Turtle Beach X41's before (high end gaming headset), it is similar to that, but not as extreme. (they crackle a lot when large explosions go off sometimes... may have a dodgy...
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed a little amount of distortion on certain frequencies?   I was listening to a song the called "Goa (from) Electrosoul System (juju remix)" and it has a reasonable bassline, but when it dropped to its lowest point, which isn't overly low, I head some distortion coming from the right earphone.   Only a select few songs that I have heard so far have managed to get this happening, but knowing that these are supposed to be...
As I am a bit of a 'noob' in describing sound quality, I'm not overly Shure (haha) on what you mean by 'timbre', and the fast decay of bass.. do you mean punchy, rather than soft bass?   I have to agree with what you say for bass. I do love the SE215's, but they lack that little bit of bass which made some songs worth listening to. My old Sony IEM's had great bass, which played songs like, well, anything fron Young Jeezy (as an example) with brain shaking bass. While the...
They do sound great, but unfortunately, they aren't going to split your brain anytime with the bass they produce.They do have heavy bass compared to other IEM's, but they are well balanced, rather than overpowering.   Also, what are your sound preferences? :P    
Fair enough. Same here, I do love them, and they sound fantastic.   I guess it's a good thing that they aren't overpowering like others, but I am quite a basshead. It's just that some of my favourite songs have heavy and low basslines, which don't seem to jump out and benefit the song as much as they used to. Oh well, I still have my speaker system :)   I was actually originally looking at Logitech when I found this review on Earphone Solution's site, then did a little...
Has anyone noticed a break in on the bass over time? I am loving the earphones, and they are definitely better in SQ than my last, but unlike most people here, imo the bass isn't as heavy as my last Sony's.   It is fairly good, but it seems to kind of 'soften up' when it hits e.g. a song with very low bass seems to be quieter, rather than ear shaking bass like my others. At first they ever seemed to get a little bit of distortion, but that has gone.   With my...
Ok, just recieved mine. Damn fast postage time.   So far I have had a little annoyance with the left earphone, as my left ear refuses to take any earphone unless it is forced in and fits perfectly. Anyway, I am using the meduim sized foam earbud on the right, and that fits beautifully, and the same on the left, as I am still experimenting with the left (it just squeezes its way out a little after a while). At the moment, it's hard to really explain what they're like,...
Oh, also (sorry for the double post), when you talk about "bedding them in" do you mean to basically let them sit there for a day playing music on a medium level? (e.g. comfortable listening level) I am familiar with the term, and people even suggested to do that with systems like the Logitech Z-2300 which I have (wouldn't make much difference).   Sooo, just listen to them for a bit, then go and leave them playing music for a day? And would it still "bed/bud in" if I...
Well, if anyone's curious, I bought mine for about $115 (incl postage) from a 100% good feedback seller from the USA, who sells mostly shure and other stuff specializing in sound (he's a sound techy).   Name's Zoltan4 I think.   Been about a week since, and atm I'm dealing with ONE sony in-ear earphone which has now lasted me about two years, as the left one completely dies yesterday :(   So hyped for these to arrive now.
Damn, wish I found the $65 deal >.<   Got mine for $116 from Ebay w/ postage (which was the extra $17) from a seller with 100% reliability. Looks like he may have been a distributor of some sort, as he has plenty of stock, most of it Shure and Galaxy stuff..