Posts by JWahl

Will definitely update when I find out for sure either way. Gotta get one more in with the NC crew before I have to start scanning the Michigan meet scene.
And also, If I do end up moving up north in the next few weeks, I'll have to pass through Raleigh anyways, so I could always stop along the way to do a small get-together for anyone who really wants to give it a listen.
Yes it is my main amp now. I was going to have Sol do a capacitor upgrade on it but he was really busy so I am doing it myself. I've ordered the parts as well as parts and wire from Double Helix Cable to build a balanced cable for my HD-800.
It turned out it was originally just a zener diode that blew, but when he was messing with it at the meet he accidently shorted the (solid state) rectifiers and blew them too so he replaced them as well. I think he said the replacement rectifiers are higher quality ones that has been used in some past Cary equipment.     It's sounding good with the HD800 as I expected but my biggest surprise was finally trying on the speaker taps with some old speakers I have.  The...
I'm happy to report Sol has finished repairing my Super 7 amp and I'm enjoying it as I type.  So someone shoot me a message next time there's a meet.  If I haven't moved up North yet by then.  I'm also using an iFi iDSD Micro for my DAC now instead of the Concero HP.
Great Review.  I've owned the Concero HP for nearly a year now but my Eddie Current Super 7 should be repaired soon, so I've ordered Micro iDSD to try as a standalone DAC.  Good to see it's more of a lateral move.     I was originally going to try to step up higher, but I know I'd have to spend quite a bit more, and I want to get a taste of the iDSD as preview to the Pro Model.  I've tested the iDAC/iCan stack against the Concero HP but the Concero just edged it out for...
Looks interesting.  My only small concern would be over current protection.  Many non-technical users may not be aware to check the amount of current their device requires.  If current draw exceeds the iPower's capabilities it could be a fire hazard.  Though I'm sure safety regulations would require it to be fused or something of the sort.  Still, if it's fused, i'd assume it's not replaceable, so users should be aware of their devices current draw anyways.   I just...
Does anyone here have experience with both the Resonessence Concero line of Dacs and this Marantz or similar sources like the SA/NA8005? I'm currently using the Concero HD as an all in one with my HD800 and I'm looking at this to use as a standalone Dac once my tube amp is repaired. I'm guessing it will be more of a lateral move, just hoping it won't be a downgrade. It has me curious at the price point, but I don't really have any experience with Marantz sources. Just...
As I've posted earlier, I was quite surprised how well it matches with the HD800 for what it is.  I've heard them sound much worse.  Mostly the tonal balance, low level details, and transients out of the the Concero HP are great.  The amp drives it decently with surprising dynamics in classical music, but the strength is more in the DAC section, and the HD800 is especially critical of source.  I'm only selling mine because I have a very nice tube amp which should be...
You would need a USB cable running from the Concero to a wall adapter like those used to charge phones, to power the Concero while using it's coax input. I don't think the dx90 usb would power it but I can't say for sure. It may even attempt to recognize its usb as a data input and disable the coax input. I think there is a way to bypass that but I can't remember. You'd have to check the manuals on their website.